Duelling changes - The West Beta!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date

DeletedUser

The leave town option to avoid duelling is being used widely on several of the servers where I play, around 30-35% of the top 500 players being townless.... was around 10-15% when the plan for this update was announced... coincidence?

Check the numbers a few days after the end of this event and you may see the numbers dropping. People made the choice to work in peace to get the Romeo set, so they left town.

DeletedUser37168

Or they stayed in towns, collected hearts and enjoyed the free exp from duelers trying to decrease their DL. :p

Pankreas PorFavor

People need the option to opt out of the "vP" part of a PvP game? Damn. Why?
How did this become such a big problem? My oldest character, that started in W9 6 years ago was attacked 209 times. That's one attack every 10 days. 3 times per month. WTH? That is an issue?!

Some people say that it's a problem for low level players that get bullied by ZMD and quit. Well, IMHO it's because their expectations are wrong. When a new player joins a town, you shouldn't tell them - go pure hp/trader/leadership/whatever, and then they get surprised when they find themselves KOd in a hotel. Tell them to grow a pair, learn how to use that weapon in their hand and if they sometimes lose a duel or get KOd - teach them to make/use/buy hp and energy buffs and carry on as if nothing happened.

Player versus player. Town versus town. Alliance versus alliance. Sure, there's a lot of other stuff to do, but it's been a PvP game since day one. And if you can't stand to lose every now and then, maybe you shouldn't play any games at all.

DeletedUser36979

People need the option to opt out of the "vP" part of a PvP game? Damn. Why?
How did this become such a big problem? My oldest character, that started in W9 6 years ago was attacked 209 times. That's one attack every 10 days. 3 times per month. WTH? That is an issue?!

Some people say that it's a problem for low level players that get bullied by ZMD and quit. Well, IMHO it's because their expectations are wrong. When a new player joins a town, you shouldn't tell them - go pure hp/trader/leadership/whatever, and then they get surprised when they find themselves KOd in a hotel. Tell them to grow a pair, learn how to use that weapon in their hand and if they sometimes lose a duel or get KOd - teach them to make/use/buy hp and energy buffs and carry on as if nothing happened.

Player versus player. Town versus town. Alliance versus alliance. Sure, there's a lot of other stuff to do, but it's been a PvP game since day one. And if you can't stand to lose every now and then, maybe you shouldn't play any games at all.

If it was just 3 times a month, people wouldn't mind, but is it every 48h for some players because some bullies have spend a lot of nuggets to buy skills, and only attack non-duelling players lower than themselves.
Pankreas PorFavor, would you stay if that happened to you? I wouldn't. I left town... most leave the game, makes a mental notice of the company and won't even give other games by InnoGames a try...

And no matter how many times people calls this a PvP game... it is not. PvP game only have PvP content.... this is a PvE game with a PvP content... learn the difference.

Pankreas PorFavor

I must have special powers or something, that's why bullies are afraid of me?
You ask what I would do? If someone wants to pay hundreds of dollars/euros/whatevers to be able to win a duel against me every 48h (actually it's 72h), I would laugh my ass off. Then, when they make this investment, I would put in a little effort and spend 1 energy point every now and then and KO myself, to make their REAL money go to waste. Hey, I am not a dueler, having 2-3 wins and 1000 losses makes no difference to me.
Or maybe I would do what I already did a few times over the last 6 years - reskill and fill them with lead. They can't buy that many SP/AP to be able to easily KO me if I am skilled for dueling them.

And PvE or PvP question? I don't agree. But, let's be it your way. It's a PvE with PvP content. You want PvE only? Then don't play a game with PvP content, or if you chose to play it - don't complain about PvP component. It's been a major part of the game since the first day, and if you want to ignore that, then learn to accept the consequences. Or, put in that little effort, that tiny, microscopic 1 energy point every 2 days or so, and attack someone and be duel free for the next 72 hours and go pick berries or lead a trading office. Or go and attack a fort and tell people how you want to opt out of the PvP part of the game.