Dueling needs some important changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Quoted some others? Read my posts throughout the whole thread. In almost every post ive been yelling at the people who DO whine. :p

I agree though, there are very simple solutions out there but people are not willing to compromise. They want all the perks without the downsides.

sorry didn't have time to read everything :( One reason I play this game is it takes a lot less time than tribalwars :)

I tried my hand at all 3, builder, dueler, worker so I became jack of all trade, good at none. I also befriend various people who focus/specialize and learn what works and not.

I hate game developers destroy balance, right now, pure buidler is not something I want to be in since you are out of a job once you finish up a town (for me, I left for another town and keep on building), workers can do whatever they want, duelers are the same. I think the job list and quest list can use more additions and perhaps balancing issues.

Right now, quests in general are not worth it, you are better off specialize in some skills and get high luck, exp, or $ jobs in the long run. The exception are some select quests where you can get very good items such as hernando's sword, or some skill points that jobs cannot help you get.

One of the biggest problem though, is lack of goal in this game after a while ,hopefully town shootout can change some of that, I hate to see of the friends I met in this game telling me they're quitting, due to boredom.

DeletedUser

hmm

i'm a worker and because I'm sick of having money taken off me I only ever wear my best dueling clothes. if this means i cant do all the jobs i would like to then unlucky for me.

it sucks that this is the situation but right now it is.

DeletedUser

i'm a worker and because I'm sick of having money taken off me I only ever wear my best dueling clothes. if this means i cant do all the jobs i would like to then unlucky for me.

Cry me a river.

I can't buy good work clothes, because I need to be at peek performance for dueling.

I guess we all make sacrifices, eh?

DeletedUser

Donate to your town.

DeletedUser

sometime's you shouldn't work for the monney but for the exp, so than it doesn't matter if you are duelled and lose.. .... and sometime's for monney search for places close to your town.. so you can bring the monney back in a litle time...

DeletedUser

Just a little aside here but is anyone EVER going to start a topic about how unfair the game is to duellers? I can't remember seeing one?

As to these flippin winging builders. you should just finish your buildings then spend a few hundred quid from your bulging wallets to reskill, then your skills aren't redundant. Duellers have NO, i repeat, NO advantage in duelling whatsoever so you can be just as effective a dueller as them.

What this topic needs is a surreal Dutch proposal to enliven it. Like how you should be able to hide in rivers to avoid duelling if your swimming level is high enough and marry a salmon if you are cohabiting with a trout.

DeletedUser

What this topic needs is a surreal Dutch proposal to enliven it. Like how you should be able to hide in rivers to avoid duelling if your swimming level is high enough and marry a salmon if you are cohabiting with a trout.

Oh, that would be so awesome!

THen you could ride out of the river on your loins afterwards!

DeletedUser

that pour guy has really given you guys a lot of entertainment hasnt he. well thats cool cuz it is funny

DeletedUser

Wow, there are alot of people complaining about money being taken. I see why people were getting snippy with me earlier. Good money or experience are the two most justifiable reasons for going after someone. If those arn't good reasons, then there are no good reasons, and there might as well be no dueling at all.

DeletedUser

put half skill points into defending and skill of a melee weapon, then the other points go into the Worker areas.

You will then have some defence.

DeletedUser

Lol i love builders and sissy adventurers:

"Hey developer... hey... can we have god-mode plox? thx!"

DeletedUser

You guys who don't like the dueling thing really need to get passed the dueling level numbers. It is the way dueling levels are calculated that makes it look like someone is stronger than you. In reality, it is fairly meaningless.

On W2 I am a Level 36 adventurer with dueling Level 44. All that means is that I've had more duels that some people of equivalent character level, not that I am better at them. Why? Because the dueling level bears no relation to the equipment or skills that I have which is what really matters in a duel.

***dum dum dee dum that's what they were on about all this time. Equipment. The attacker generally has a huge advantage. Hell a black bow alone gives +14 offense and that's a relatively easy and cheap item to acquire

My point? If all you do is look at the dueling level, you have no idea whether that person is picking on someone their own size or not so seriously - stop using words like bully and bullying. It is unfounded and offensive.

***if you are attacking the SAME guy that you beat 5 other times into ground round...that's bullying.

If you want to talk about balance...

1. Duelers get crappy XP
I checked out the average XP per duel for the Top 10 duelers on one of the worlds. It is less than 30. No one else at that level has to use 12 energy for a measly 30 XP.

***that's about the equivalent of a 18-20% xp job

2. Duelers get crappy money
Higher level duelers have access to fewer opponents, and only earn 1/3 of what people are carrying. And higher level players don't carry much. Again, no one else has to use an hour's worth of energy for the chance of earning exactly nothing.

3. Duelers miss out on luck.
For every duel, duelers miss out on 2 chances (ie; 2 half hour blocks) where they could have found a kickass item to use or sell to improve their gear.

Yes, they choose to play the game that way, and they take the lumps in order to get their enjoyment from the game. For all the other classes, you really should take your lumps too with a little more grace because you have made choices as well. And yours have better rewards.

***I'd have to say, that as a dueller and adventurer..the dueller is a LOT easier, and built reasonably well, can do enough mid-pay and mid XP jobs to make up the difference

DeletedUser

Yeah... As a worker, I still have equipment to wear while working that provides a subtle defense, probably 50 points as defender in my work clothes. Still, I have KO'd a couple of people, and duelling DOES provide a lot more cash than trading or carving claims... I've got $300 dollars in cash in one duel several times... And I'm a noob, lvl. 26, so that's pretty good since it's consistent... The only other job I know of that pays relatively well is Transporting Ammunition...

DeletedUser1105

The most I have had in a duel is $72. That is out of 98 duels that I have won.

You are mighty lucky to have got $300 once, never mind several times. Who carries $900 on them in cash?

DeletedUser

The most I have had in a duel is $72. That is out of 98 duels that I have won.

You are mighty lucky to have got $300 once, never mind several times. Who carries $900 on them in cash?

I know some duelers who consistently score big, it's not a guarantee but once they found some good town to raid, they pass the information around and other wolves/sharks swarm in to take a piece of pie.

They were quite sophisticated, even carry low damage weapons so they don't kill their "farm" too quickly.

Just yesterday, I was hearing some duelers who scored 1-2000 dollars within a day.

Like I said in some of my posts, in 2 of the town I was in, top 1 or #2 contributor were duelers and they had nice clothing too from the profits they made from "raids".

DeletedUser

Supply us a link, please.

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=10497

I quickly read some posts on page 1 and most of the last 2 pages quickly, it seem like duelers in that thread (based on the limited posts I read) want even more advantage to duelers without thinking about the consequences to others.

If dueler's life is so tough that require dueling job, why not switch like I have been doing? I pump up some of my dueling skill so at least I can win against some of the duelers who duel me while I'm building up my town or working. I become a crappy builder (not even in the top 3 builder in my current town in terms of labor points but at least in top 4 or 5), crappy worker (I know other more pure worker work much more lucrative jobs than me at my level).

Nobody is forcing you to be a dueler or worker, stop whining and take measures. I posted a thread sharing some of the information I know for both dueler & workers to be "successful".

Status
Not open for further replies.