Dueling needs some important changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

duelists vs. duelists only

please read my 2 posts on duelists vs. duelists only please and comment on it...

i completely agree with the person who posted this thread because this is what i talk about in my two threads

please read my threads and comment on them they're called:

duelists vs. duelists only...
and
duelists vs. duelists only...refined

DeletedUser

I am an adventurer on more than one world, and gets duelled more on some of the worlds than one others. I don't have a problem with that, and thinks it is fair. I chose what I wanted to do, with the risks associated with it. Duellers chose their profession, and lose out on the other benefits I chose to have (they don't even get any benefit in terms of winning a duel). Regardless of what class you choose, you can choose to be a dueller in your own right by increasing the correct skills. It is a thing of choice - nothing stopped anybody from making the same choice.

Regarding the argument that people want a "balanced" game - from the number of people moaning about being duelled, I would say there are enough people that still chooses to spend their skills on other items, everybody has not decided to be duellers now. To be balanced, we need the duellers as well, and good for them for focusing their skills on being good at duelling. A lot of people complain that the game is boring - can you think how boring it would be if there was no chance of losing your hard-earned cash? I think it is a fairly well balanced game (except I think builders could get more XP points for construction, which probably belongs in a different topic).

The only change that I would like to see, is that the low limit of level difference for somebody to challenge me, be raised somewhat. Sometimes I get clobbered by guys that are WAY stronger and higher level than I am, sometimes so much that I am not even allowed to duel them back (since it appears it is calculated by percentage differences from your own level).

PS:
By the way - allowing duellers to only duel other duellers would really have no point, would it? There would be virtually no cash in duelling / no monetary reward, since none of them would be able to get money from other types initially... that idea is dead.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not calcualted by percentages, there is a thrad about how dueling lvl is calculated though.

Also, instead of posting a 2nd post, please edit your original one.

Other than that, good stuff :)

DeletedUser

Duelling "morale"

What about having a calculation similar to the morale in Tribal Wars, in this case based on level or duelling level, that will also influence the outcome of a duel? This will "even out" the playing field a bit with high duelling level players that mostly targets much lower level players to ensure a win.

DeletedUser

not sure how much change may or may not be needed... but abit of a raise in the how far down you can dual might be in order... I was KOed by someone 12 dualing levels above me... that seams abit excessive.

as a builder the lower my mkotovation gets the less work I get done. is the same type of thing factored into dualers? less dammage? or less chance to hit as they motovation goes down?

DeletedUser

There's a sticky thread for dueling...there's no need to necro a thread that's been dead for a month to say "I don't know if dueling needs to be changed."

Red Falcon

Ditto to what Elmyr said. As it is, there are so many threads that have been necroed from the dead. IMO, don't necro a thread unless you actually have something important to add onto it.

DeletedUser

thought I did add sumin... anyways I was told to use the search before posting stuff and the search lead me to this thread being at the top... was an interesting topic so I decided to try and add to it. there another place I should be posting about changes to dualing then a thread about changes to dualing?

DeletedUser

Yes Jack, you did the right thing.

There is a sticky thread at the top of this section though where all dueling discussions should take place. Being new to the forum I'm sure you didn't realize it. No harm.

DeletedUser

ah... I've avoid fourms at every chance I get. theres always tons of great info on them but it takes me hours to find what I'm lookin for and people tend to get pissy if ya talk about somethign thats been talked about in another thread. had a few questions so I thought I'd try, will repost my question in the sticky.

DeletedUser

i know this is a bit late but i am a level 41 builder and i get like $89 every job and then i get attacked and then it is all gone

DeletedUser

yes there should be a warning, or maybe a way to hide fron the deuler?

DeletedUser

yes there should be a warning, or maybe a way to hide fron the deuler?

ive got another idea, if your dueled, you should get back twice the money you lost, cause the dueler was nice and gave it back. cause after all this isnt the wild west where people were robbed, the is the cuddly west where people are all nice and fair to each other.

DeletedUser

the worst is the coward that attacks a lower level player that is unarmed Grrrrrrr

DeletedUser16892

It is simple... when a Worker Class player is doing a Job (or sleeping) a Challenge can not be initiated (totally blocked, not queued).

The only time a Worker can be duelled is if they are doing nothing.

I bet if this was added, a large number of "Free" players would actually pay to play, as the 4 slot queue would be very handy.

Frankly I would not pay to play this game while the Developers don't protect the diversity of playing styles the pretend to promote.

Status
Not open for further replies.