Do you believe in ghosts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

What I said about seeing that glowing thing was probably me just imagining it. I was walking in the dark back from a Boy Scout meeting (the meeting site was just down the road from my house) and had to pass by the graveyard.

DeletedUser

I don't believe in ghosts. Everything nonsens. Manufatered by man for what ever purpose they have. Maybe raisind money by writing books on ghosts...

DeletedUser

I don't believe in ghosts. Everything nonsens. Manufatered by man for what ever purpose they have. Maybe raisind money by writing books on ghosts...

So every single ghost encounter/sighting in the world was just someones imagination? I don't think so.

DeletedUser

And that is cool to not think so, but you would think that somebody would have definitive evidence by now and that is just not the case. I do not believe in Sasquatch either and there have been numerous sightings for many, many years. I mean, it almost seems like one would have to believe in vampires and werewolves too if they believe in ghosts. I have seen some weird stuff in my life time but never once, except for my previous post on the first page, did I think that a ghost was responsible, and that encounter was just my ignorance. But the reality of it all is this, I do not believe in an afterlife and if ghosts were ever proven to be true then i would have to seriously reevaluate everything I believe and hold true. I am not saying that would be a bad thing necessarily, but it would be life changing.

DeletedUser

The issue here is belief. I don't "believe" in anything*:

1. It exists and we know it exists.
  2. It exists and we do not know it exists, or
  3. It does not exist.
Those are the three logical states, and they apply to everything. There is simply no logic in belief.

Now, #3 has two substates:

1. It does not exist, and cannot exist
  2. It does not exist, but can exist.
From here, #2 has three arguments (not states), which rely on the assumption that time is unalterable:

• It does not exist, but existed in the past
  • It does not exist, but exists in the future
  • It does not exist, but existed in the past and will exist in the future.

* Nobody should "believe," because a belief is a lie of comfort, of convenience, of pacification. It's a lie you commit to yourself as a means to make yourself feel better (or, in some cases, worse). Shared beliefs are shared lies. Believing is not a true/false, it's a personal lie.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The issue here is belief. I don't "believe" in anything*:

1. It exists and we know it exists.
  2. It exists and we do not know it exists, or
  3. It does not exist.
Those are the three logical states, and they apply to everything. There is simply no logic in belief.

Now, #3 has two substates:

1. It does not exist, and cannot exist
  2. It does not exist, but can exist.
From here, #2 has three arguments (not states), which rely on the assumption that time is unalterable:

• It does not exist, but existed in the past
  • It does not exist, but exists in the future
  • It does not exist, but existed in the past and will exist in the future.

* Nobody should "believe," because a belief is a lie of comfort, of convenience, of pacification. It's a lie you commit to yourself as a means to make yourself feel better (or, in some cases, worse). Shared beliefs are shared lies. Believing is not a true/false, it's a personal lie.

Do you really believe that? (Sorry, I tried but couldn't resist) :p

DeletedUser

yes l do believe in ghosts and the after life
when l was 11yrs old l had broken my collar bone when l went to bed that same night l was talking to my sisters when a man appeared he was a monk wearing a habit
l was the only 1 to see him so l screamed dad came running up the stairs as l said there is a man in my room dad searched the house from top to bottom but could not find any one
mum said as we lived in old miners houses it was possible as the house were built on the monks route to where they went to a place called frome where they would worship
and also lm a reiki master/teacher so yes to after life as well

DeletedUser

So every single ghost encounter/sighting in the world was just someones imagination? I don't think so.

You wouldn't think so, but evidence says otherwise.
Empirical evidence > your beliefs

yes l do believe in ghosts and the after life
when l was 11yrs old l had broken my collar bone when l went to bed that same night l was talking to my sisters when a man appeared he was a monk wearing a habit
l was the only 1 to see him so l screamed dad came running up the stairs as l said there is a man in my room dad searched the house from top to bottom but could not find any one
mum said as we lived in old miners houses it was possible as the house were built on the monks route to where they went to a place called frome where they would worship
and also lm a reiki master/teacher so yes to after life as well

You belive in ghosts, and do healing?
Show me one un-biasaed study that shows any non-placebo effect from any form of healing or alternative medicine.

Why do they call it alternative medicine anyways?

Want a lil' spoiler?

If it did work it would cease to be alternative and turn mainstream.

DeletedUser

no i dont, it does not make sense. I think that it is all in our heads...

DeletedUser

i have seen a ghost on youtube, go to youtube and searcg "jin reading Quran"

DeletedUser

I lived in a four hundred year gate lodge for a year, before that I was sceptical. Saw some really strange things, but the weirdest thing I saw with my own two eyes was a door that was half way open just close itself shut right before my eyes, it wasn't a drafty house by any means and this happened only a handful of times. Once a door bolted itself shut from the other side locking someone in the kitchen area, I had to come along and force it open they were basically trapped in there. The force in which I needed to apply to close or open the bolt was fairly major, as the top of the old oak door was warped and needed my body weight pressed upon it. Other minor things were always happening lampshades rocking, electrical equipment switching on and off & the noise of furniture moving being moved around the attic.

So as I'm concerned this phenomena does exist but I've only ever seen it in that house, so it's not very commonplace.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

the door thing happened at my house too but i figured out why its the air pressure if someone opens a door it pushes the air and the air pushes the opened door as for the electrical thing i had that problem with my tv if i turned it off it would turn back on until i unpluged it it has something to do with it getting too much power which turns it on by itself

DeletedUser

seriously, have you guys een it,this one ral/i thnk but not sure, just search "jin reading quran" i don't want to give the link because i think it is scary so you guys must do it

DeletedUser

I do not believe in ghosts, but whaleking, I have a question. Would you be afraid of this?

marshmallowman.jpg
haahahahhahahahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.