Death of Bin Laden

• Thread starter DeletedUser8950
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser8950

I'm guessing everybody's heard this by now. What are your opinions? Was it a good call? Should he have been captured instead?

Personally, I think they've just ended up making him a martyr.

Hunterss

yeah, Justice has been done and now the lives of the dead can rest peacefully. We are great nation, united as one. Since the start, it was a great mistake for Bush admins to start a war against all Muslim citizens. Instead, 911 was more personal conflict between Osama and his followers. they were mass murders and even against his own people. Obama took the correct measures and I am so delighted :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser29185

I think he should had been captured instead, killing him will probably lead to stirring up aggressive muslim and more attacks from them will probably come. In general I don't think this makes much difference for US well except this "justice has been done" a man is replaced and you never know what that man is he could be worse, he could be nicer.

See when Stalin replaced Lenin when he died.

DeletedUser22685

I think he should had been captured instead, killing him will probably lead to stirring up aggressive muslim and more attacks from them will probably come.
I'm sure this would have occurred either way. Had they captured him, Al Qaeda would've most likely launched several large scale attacks and sent out a message to the US that the attacks would continue until their leader was released.

DeletedUser5677

"buried at sea" ... yeah right. Hes probably being stuffed and mounted at this moment.
Meanwhile, the American people still have lost the "war on terror"- Financially($cost) and morally(breaches of U.S.constitutional rights).
"Major victory"? No. A major victory will be when we bring the troops home from illegal wars where we sell weapons to our future enemies and then kill them. When our congress takes back the right to deploy troops then we will have achieved a major victory. When our congress stops eroding the rights of American citizens, taxing them to death, prosecutes the wall street criminals who almost collapsed the nation, and when the TSA is prevented from robbing from luggage and sexually molesting 4 year old girls trying to board an airliner we might have a major victory.

+1 to the Navy Seals for shooting him. It's a major closure for the victims of 911.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14029

He's now officially a martyr
And that's never a good news o_O

DeletedUser

"buried at sea" ... yeah right. Hes probably being stuffed and mounted at this moment.

Whether or not this was a good call, Im sensing that they just gave birth to another conspiracy that's as good as the JFK one. Unless further information is released, which I believe is quite likely to happen.

Deleted User - 819397

I feel that the idea of shooting him was a good one overall. It cuts a major tie to the war we've been in for ages (although I'm not going to even hope that this gets us out of there), it allows the families of the victims of 9/11 to get closure, and it gives all Americans peace of mind. There's no question that there is going to be an up in terrorist threats for a while...that's a given. However, I don't believe he ended up a Martyr. This is because he was shot by a common soldier, which doesn't fit in with the idea of supremacy that surrounded Bin Laden. If you look at all those who became Martyrs, most of the main examples had more exceptional deaths. Major example being JFK. Had he not insisted on not having the bulletproof glass on the car, and had he not shown so much trust in the American people throughout his time as President, I don't think that Johnson would have been able to pass the controversial bills through. General rule of thumb is the more spectacular the killing, the more people get enraged over it. Another big factor is that the radical Muslims did NOT get Bin Laden's body. That's a major blow against them.

Overall, I think it was a good decision, I do think there will be an increase in terrorist threats (although how many will be carried out I don't know) and I truly believe the circumstances of his death will not make him a Martyr...or if they do, not as big of one as he could have been.

DeletedUser

Whether or not this was a good call, Im sensing that they just gave birth to another conspiracy that's as good as the JFK one. Unless further information is released, which I believe is quite likely to happen.

I think it is more of a Jessy James conspiracy but that is just me.

DeletedUser

I myself, for the first time, think it's just a conspiracy. As we've seen, Stocks soared, the US Dollar jumped, and Europe got a little of the cut. Nevertheless, we've seen no *true* photo evidence that shows Osama Bin Laden in his full... glory... with the bullet in his head, and they dumped him into the ocean as part of customary Islamic tradition funeral or whatever. Suspicious to me, because #1. we haven't gotten raw, unaltered proof that he's dead, and #2. the motives for faking this are plain as day (Boost the economy, guarantee a chance at a second term, get a major fear out of the way/goal accomplished).

I speak for many Americans when I say I wanted his dead corpse brought to our country so we could finally see that the mastermind behind 3000 dead initially, and turmoil for our country later was honestly dead. Then, maybe customarilly stone his dead body to death (again) in the USA. Instead, they dump his corpse in ritualistic fashion into the Ocean to prevent his followers from building a shrine to him. That excuse is pathetic :rolleyes:

All in all, the circumstances are very suspicious. He was apparantly living in a Mansion in Pakastan... The same general area where many long term attacks by terrorists on Pakastan have occured. I think we'd have known about this ten years ago, had it been true, since we have sat-com technology that can stare at a naked woman's breasts on the beach from Outerspace (gotta research were our tax dollars go, mate!). I think it's all a crock and a political move. Not for Liberal or Conservative, but for all of America to regain a hint of it's lost dignity. Too bad I'm allergic to bullSnuff. :cool:

[spoil]
osama+death+fake.jpg
This may be fake (proven), but it just shows how easy it is to make a fake Osama picture for the world to believe.[/spoil]

DeletedUser

I believe Bin Laden has faked his own death so that he can later appear as 'resurrected' and present himself as the new Jesus Christ.
(Well, it makes as much sense as the last posting)

DeletedUser9470

im not muslim, im not pro terrorism, im not in any way pro war.

it just seems to me there's a lot of hype over one man who killed a few thousand people, yet we never talk about those who kill HUNDREDS of thousands of people.

USA presidents?
UK prime ministers?
Christianity?
Judaism?

no?....

o yeah! we're the good guys! sorry i forgot.

DeletedUser

we never talk about those who kill HUNDREDS of thousands of people.
Alright, Stalin, Hitler, and Pol Pot are still dead too.

Edit: Oh yeah, I do have to wonder about the whole burial at sea thing. It does scream cover up. I'm generally not big on conspiracy theories, but I have to wonder about Obama's birth certificate and Osama bin Laden being found in the same week. Even if there IS nothing to it, surely they must have realized that the whole thing will make people question the veracity of bin Laden's death.

DeletedUser16008

Alright, Stalin, Hitler, and Pol Pot are still dead too.

Edit: Oh yeah, I do have to wonder about the whole burial at sea thing. It does scream cover up. I'm generally not big on conspiracy theories, but I have to wonder about Obama's birth certificate and Osama bin Laden being found in the same week. Even if there IS nothing to it, surely they must have realized that the whole thing will make people question the veracity of bin Laden's death.

+1 & don't buy it for a second .... SMOKE SCREEN & MIRRORS

DeletedUser

Personally while I'm not one who generally considers anything a conspiracy I must say that the fact that his body was dumped at sea and the only proof of his death is some "DNA evidence" is extremely suspicious...

Why on earth would we care about honoring "muslim tradition" when this man didn't care about his victims dying with dignity? The body should have been brought to the United States and shown so that the families of the victims could get true closure and not just the government's word that he is dead.

DeletedUser16628

Big ups for my DEVGRU boys.1,800ft with a 8mph cross wind 1 shot 1 kill.

DeletedUser

Big ups for my DEVGRU boys.1,800ft with a 8mph cross wind 1 shot 1 kill.

And where exactly are you getting your information, besides your own fantasies fueled by reading too much Tom Clancy? I can't find any story that gives any details like that. It also sounds like you're saying he was killed by a sniper, and I can find nothing of the sort.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2011/05/how-us-killed-osama-bin-laden/37236/

"In an operation that lasted about 45 minutes, American military and intelligence operatives engaged in a firefight at the compound, fatally shooting bin Laden in the head as he tried to defend himself, and killing the al-Qaeda courier, his brother, one of bin Laden's sons, and a woman who may have been used as a human shield as well. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-13257330

Raid Eyewitness: "I heard heavy gunfire followed by a huge blast."

Next you're going to claim you were a SEAL.

DeletedUser

Infiniti, once again your facts are WAY wrong. Read some accurate reports, then post intelligently please.

The entire compound (which was surrounded by 12-18' high walls) was less than an acre in area. How did they get a 600 yard shot? Did they bank it? If they did, I'm freaking impressed. Usama was shot at close range, it had to be since it was described as a "double tap". Regardless, it was no where near an 1,800' shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.