Day of the dead

DeletedUser30224

Don't know about you guys, but I am the sorriest gambler there is. I can't hit the right card for the life of me :D I also doubt that the 18 or so days we had add up to 514 hours or working which is the equivalent to how much hours you need to perform jobbing to get 180k flowers.

DeletedUser

Don't know about you guys, but I am the sorriest gambler there is. I can't hit the right card for the life of me :D I also doubt that the 18 or so days we had add up to 514 hours or working which is the equivalent to how much hours you need to perform jobbing to get 180k flowers.

you forgot flowers from friends and from flower pot that you will get as personal reward plus you can get another flower pot from UPB store that you can get for bonds. Is final set worth 750 bonds? Comparing to other set in UPB shop, it definitely is.

DeletedUser22685

I flipped ten cards today and won only one of them. Nine of those were Stage 1 cards. I have a feeling the two of us will soon be comparing flower boxes instead of premium medals and bond letters like usual :p

DeletedUser30224

you forgot flowers from friends and from flower pot that you will get as personal reward plus you can get another flower pot from UPB store that you can get for bonds. Is final set worth 750 bonds? Comparing to other set in UPB shop, it definitely is.
I've almost 19 friends on my friends bar, but I really wouldn't call the 19th guy a friend, he's a dodgy looking fella :) There are ~ 16 more days left. If you spend 750 nuggets (because monsieur zd3no has no bonds left), on purchasing flowers directly you'll get 45000 flowers compared to 40000 flowers the big flower pot can generate in 16 days. I don't know about you, but I have a feeling that those sets might just not be all that fancy, then again, I'm changing my mind about everything constantly...:)
Update:
I've finally seen the bonuses of all sets. I like the Mariachi set in that it offers the best bonuses, much like Ludwig set. But to be honest, I'm not sure how much damage I can do in an adventure with that set if all I am doing is throwing my guitar at my enemy :) I'll see how far I get with flowers, I might spend those nuggets to get 180k, but if it will turn out to be too much then I'll just be grumpy and blame others.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't know about you guys, but I am the sorriest gambler there is. I can't hit the right card for the life of me :D

I was very happy when I saw that you could use bonds to play more than once a day and I had high hopes of winning at least level I since it has a 50% win probability. But when I pulled the "death" card 16 out of 20 times in level I itself, all the happiness was lost.

DeletedUser35520

well also add in the 25 flowers per loss on the card game lol. So really each time you loose you are helping yourself achieve the 180k in the most frustrating way possible.

DeletedUser

With my luck a picking cards, I'll be spending my bonds/nuggets on other things. I did get the first card correct on one of my free plays but immediately picked the wrong one the second time.

DeletedUser22685

Personally, I'm finding it very hard to believe the whole 50% chance thing. My own experiences indicate a far lower chance than that.

Deleted User - 3853873

If you have the time and want the 180k flowers just set and play adventurers all day and while doing that que hour jobs.The adventures gives you same amount of flowers as victory points.
As for the stupid game all I have won so far is flowers,no gear or buffs as I always lose first or second round,wasted some nugs trying and gave up.

DeletedUser

Personally, I'm finding it very hard to believe the whole 50% chance thing. My own experiences indicate a far lower chance than that.

It depends on luck.

Made 77 plays until now (my upbs where all used on plays and didn´t use any nugget to anything). Already have: Nobleman-hat,shoes, coat and pants; Aztec: hat,necklace, jaguar and saddle.

It´s just luck. 50% luck seems like a big one... but it´s still hard to get it 3 times in a row. And, people will need to know when to stop. I don´t go ahead if i get something i don´t have. Yeah it´s great to think "Well i got this level, so crap with it and go higher". That´s what this game is... Take a Chance.

When the death arrives right at the first card is a bloat... but it´s game. Worst is when you get 3 suns and get death on the 4... I like more when it pops right at the first or second play.

DeletedUser30224

I didn't want to insinuate anything, but was thinking about how great contraption they made... they make you feel angry at yourself when you pick the wrong card, even though the second card might not always be the winning card...even if they would show you both cards, I would still not believe anything that happens behind those pixels. Not sure anyone can prove anything, only if we had allot of data, but I must say it is ingenious. All the other tombolas, you were thrown a dice and it was always the winning dice. Here even the lowest category is a rare thing.

The adventures gives you same amount of flowers as victory points.
That I did not know, thanks.

DeletedUser22685

It´s just luck. 50% luck seems like a big one... but it´s still hard to get it 3 times in a row. And, people will need to know when to stop. I don´t go ahead if i get something i don´t have. Yeah it´s great to think "Well i got this level, so crap with it and go higher". That´s what this game is... Take a Chance.

I understand the concept of luck perfectly well. I'm not talking about trying to win three times in a row, I'm talking about winning once out of ten flips on the first round. I'm using the same method as you, in that I accept anything that turns up that I haven't already won and only bribe if I win a duplicate, and despite spending over 500 bonds I've only managed to get three set pieces and two buffs.

I'm not seriously challenging the information that we were given; I am notoriously unlucky, after all. I have to take out my frustrations somewhere.

I didn't want to insinuate anything, but was thinking about how great contraption they made... they make you feel angry at yourself when you pick the wrong card, even though the second card might not always be the winning card...even if they would show you both cards, I would still not believe anything that happens behind those pixels. Not sure anyone can prove anything, only if we had allot of data, but I must say it is ingenious. All the other tombolas, you were thrown a dice and it was always the winning dice. Here even the lowest category is a rare thing.

You're right in thinking that way. Whether or not you win is decided only when you click a card, I'm fairly certain of that. You can't blame yourself for picking the wrong card, as it's merely a calculation accompanied by a graphic.

It's just like the travelling fair game where you have to choose a prize from underneath a cup. It's not like there are actual prizes sitting under those cups; you click one, it generates a prize based on luck, and it fills in the other spots. Or at least, I believe this to be the case.

DeletedUser35533

I don't like it . Did 10+ flips , far too often I get death on the first flip, even if you get to second stage the reward may not be what you want so you have to keep fliping. only way to win is to get super lucky or bribe your way to the top and even then you may not get the item you were hoping for.
also rewards are getting lazy, I mean the honor of even playing this tombola needed to be unlocked with flowers, old tombola had a chance of a win even if it was a boring item but here you may not get anything and you still only get 1 free turn .

DeletedUser30224

Whether or not you win is decided only when you click a card, I'm fairly certain of that
It sure is misleading to have 2 choices when in fact you only have a single choice at all times. 2 choices give you the impression of 50/50, and there are ways to calculate the probability of wining when you make that choice x times. I've studied it in college last year, but like anything you study and do not use for a while...it gets forgotten. But even that may not prove a thing. I'm with you though, and can only say that I am fairly certain I am right and that way I don't need to prove anything :p

asdf124

I understand the concept of luck perfectly well. I'm not talking about trying to win three times in a row, I'm talking about winning once out of ten flips on the first round. I'm using the same method as you, in that I accept anything that turns up that I haven't already won and only bribe if I win a duplicate, and despite spending over 500 bonds I've only managed to get three set pieces and two buffs.

I'm not seriously challenging the information that we were given; I am notoriously unlucky, after all. I have to take out my frustrations somewhere.

You're right in thinking that way. Whether or not you win is decided only when you click a card, I'm fairly certain of that. You can't blame yourself for picking the wrong card, as it's merely a calculation accompanied by a graphic.

It's just like the travelling fair game where you have to choose a prize from underneath a cup. It's not like there are actual prizes sitting under those cups; you click one, it generates a prize based on luck, and it fills in the other spots. Or at least, I believe this to be the case.

Does that mean the damned luck boosts work on em? :D

This technically like gambling, but without you being in the picture, you just cannot outsmart the system because the system gives you what you think deserved.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Like Futu said earlier, the 50% chance to win is just an illusion. All they want to do is make you buy nuggets by having to bribe them.

@Zd3no: To find the probability you just need to multiply the chance of 0.5 for each stage.

If we assume that the 50/50 chance to win/lose thing is true, then:
Chance to win stage I: 50%
Chance to win stage II: 25%
Chance to win stage III: 12.5%
Chance to win stage IV: 6.25%
Chance to win stage V: 3.125%

But like I posted above, if you draw the death card 16 times consecutively in stage I itself, you're not wrong to doubt that it's not a 50:50 chance.

DeletedUser36559

Event after event, it looks like we are going to have one every 1 or 2 months. The sets are not good enough to justify a 400 nugget bribe. A point to consider is they don't necessarily have to have a 50% luck chance to ensure them a long term profit, this can easily be achieved by having a high volume of bribers. The more bribes given the more profit they will make. An event where everybody loses is not fun and most players won't return if that's the case. In this respect, a fair game is much better for their business. These events are for enjoyment so play for the fun of it and don't bet with money you can't afford to lose.

I know some players like a fast paced game so they can get all their gear, cash, levels, achievements quickly but these events are so rapidly paced the average non-prem and also prem player can never keep up. Although I don't blame Inno for anything, from an economical point of view they hit the nail on the head, they need money for their own employees and also to run the game.

On a side note is anyone going to fix that friend reports madness :D

DeletedUser22685

It sure is misleading to have 2 choices when in fact you only have a single choice at all times. 2 choices give you the impression of 50/50, and there are ways to calculate the probability of wining when you make that choice x times.

Like Futu said earlier, the 50% chance to win is just an illusion. All they want to do is make you buy nuggets by having to bribe them.

No, it's still allegedly a 50% chance, only it's not based on what card you click. Like I said before, the card game is simply a graphic to make the tombola more entertaining than simply clicking a standard HTML button which then generates some text.

You click either card, and the game then runs a calculation to decide whether or not you win. Each card works in pretty much the exact same way as the aforementioned button. It's like having two identical buttons, but you get to choose which one you like the best. And we get pretty shapes and colours as well.

The calculation itself is most likely the same as any kind of probability calculation in coding, where a random number between 0 and 100 (or more likely 0 and 1) is selected, and whether you win or lose is decided by whether the number is above or below 50. The same system can be seen in pretty much every aspect of the game that involves luck of some kind, from fort battles to duels to jobs.

ishubagaria said:
@Zd3no: To find the probability you just need to multiply the chance of 0.5 for each stage.

If we assume that the 50/50 chance to win/lose thing is true, then:
Chance to win stage I: 50%
Chance to win stage II: 25%
Chance to win stage III: 12.5%
Chance to win stage IV: 6.25%
Chance to win stage V: 3.125%

That's assuming the chance to win on each stage is equal. It probably is, since it's hard enough to get to the latter stages without any need for them to be difficult to actually win. That said, nothing would surprise me.

Snr Sarg

No way are the chances of getting the right guess 50%.

I got bored of it and am now using http://justflipacoin.com/ to choose, Heads for the Left hand card, Tails for the right hand

One of these flips resulted in me being offered a 'bag with rare product' so I took this - when opened, the rare product was a train ticket, it was the 50th in my inventory! In whose imagination is a train ticket a rare product???? Is there any way of getting a replacement bag with an ACTUAL rare product?

Last edited:

DeletedUser35277

No way are the chances of getting the right guess 50%.

I got bored of it and am now using http://justflipacoin.com/ to choose, Heads for the Left hand card, Tails for the right hand

One of these flips resulted in me being offered a 'bag with rare product' so I took this - when opened, the rare product was a train ticket, it was the 50th in my inventory! In whose imagination is a train ticket a rare product???? Is there any way of getting a replacement bag with an ACTUAL rare product?

Yep, has happened to me and lots of other ally players on the game. Train ticket rare?
C'mon Inno, fess up, and replace with something nice.