Crafting

DeletedUser

Chopping Board

I'm wanting to know if a Saw is consumed when making a chopping board or is it used like a tool that's re-usable. I would think the wood would be consumed since you are cutting it to make the board. I have looked here and on the west wiki .. wasn't very helpful. On a side note the chance to get a saw is quite low and you'd have to do alot of sawing to get more than one.

DeletedUser

I'm wanting to know if a Saw is consumed when making a chopping board or is it used like a tool that's re-usable. I would think the wood would be consumed since you are cutting it to make the board. I have looked here and on the west wiki .. wasn't very helpful. On a side note the chance to get a saw is quite low and you'd have to do alot of sawing to get more than one.

It would be much (much much) more logical (much much much much more logical) if the saw was reusable, but alas it is not. I've never had much luck with saws from sawing wood myself. If you can do it, you might have better luck with build palisades, which drops saws, sickles, hammers, and sledge hammers randomly.

DeletedUser28393

Arrgh...I finally got to 100 crafting points, and all the level 100 recipes are gray. I guess I'll be making even more cigarettes, until they turn green:(

DeletedUser

are the last 2 recipes on all crafts found only on luck value jobs as i have seen them on the market apart from the last 2 of the blacksmiths...whether they have been on and have been snapped up i cannot say but they are not easy to obtain these days

DeletedUser

Seems to me that these 2 recipes are the hardest to get...dont see them up in the market at all or in the trader compared with the last 2 recipes of the other crafts....the drop on these must be very low like the bear is.

Been doing high luck jobs solid for the last 2 weeks now and many prior to that looking for them but no luck....can someone shed a bit more light on these other than hope.

Spaceydk

Seems to me that these 2 recipes are the hardest to get...dont see them up in the market at all or in the trader compared with the last 2 recipes of the other crafts....the drop on these must be very low like the bear is.

Been doing high luck jobs solid for the last 2 weeks now and many prior to that looking for them but no luck....can someone shed a bit more light on these other than hope.

I checked the trader multiple times every day and found the last one for field cook after about 2 weeks, then a few days later I found it myself :hmf:
I put it on the market for 5000 bid and 15000 buy it now there were one bidder. The second highest I bought a long time ago when crafting first came out.

DeletedUser

I checked the trader multiple times every day and found the last one for field cook after about 2 weeks, then a few days later I found it myself :hmf:
I put it on the market for 5000 bid and 15000 buy it now there were one bidder. The second highest I bought a long time ago when crafting first came out.

I've found the stupid thing on jobs and in boxes on every damn world but w2, my only field cook (besides Beta) and the only world where I'm leveling my crafting skill. I also check the trader daily, no luck yet. One was on the market a while back for $6k/$30k. I was planning on getting it for $6k+ and then someone went and paid the $30k immediate purchase price.

DeletedUser

I cant see why they are so difficult to get but its becoming a pain in the butt especially when the other crafts final 2 recipes are easier to get and more available on the market.......

DeletedUser

still cant get or have seen the 2 crafts on the market

opening a geode
polishing a stone

why are these still difficult to get when there are new craft upgrades...its ridiculous...ive been trying to get these for weeks and weeks...

DeletedUser

anybody know which jobs have more luck and chance for find new craft recipes for blacksmith ? and anybody know them value ( buy price of them ? that 3 new recipe )

http://tw-db.info say its 2500 $ but people say its wrong !! how much ?

DeletedUser

500 cp - 250$
525 cp - 2500$
550 cp - 5000$

all prices are purchase price

DeletedUser

Offtopic or not... I had some laughter yesterday crafting related. Can't post the exact name of the game I'm playing, it's an adventure and originally comes from German developer King Art but recently got released in english after being available only in german for 2 years.

The game is full of humor and at one point your hero Nathaniel (one of a few you lead) has fo fix a sword. But to fix a sword, he has to be level 98 in crafting. In fact he has to craft 98 pots - one by one. Melt copper, use the anvil, etc... As you may suspect already, the sword is practically useless, pots crafting is useless too, and your hero will make all 98 pots in a short sequence automatically after he "scares" you with the clickfest needed to solve "the quest", but the whole thing smells as a deliberate mocking the crafting system in The West - waste your time to get nothing of real use in the end.

Hello devs! If you're reading this... How about changing the crafting system a bit? And how about adding some humor in The West?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

i am yet to chose a class but i would like one that gives me energy, i was going t chose field cook but i just read tonic pedler also gives energy? i was blacksmith on my old acount but its no use having a sharpened weapon to duel with if you dont have the energy....

DeletedUser

i was blacksmith on my old acount but its no use having a sharpened weapon to duel with if you dont have the energy....

More energy doesn't give any dueler an advantage over any other dueler in a duel; more damage does. Sleeping is a much more effect way of getting energy than grinding products to get your crafting up to a level where you can use a recipe that gives you energy and then grinding more products to craft those items themselves.