Crafting

DeletedUser31099

I just got up to level 225 blacksmith on Briscoe and I noticed my gold/yellow recipes I can craft (cast a marble, produce rivets and create lead figurine) turned to green recipes. A low chance to get a crafting point :(

Is this correct? Surely this should be the case when i reach level 250 and not before.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

Yes, same thing experienced here.
Crafting-points dropped, alot, from level 225.

So I ended up with lots of rivets, marble, and lead figuriens :/

And finally managed to pass lv. 250 :cool: with alot of effort and lots of stuff :huh:

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure I'll get trolled for saying it, but imho crafting is a bit of a waste of time for the crafter. The economics just don't stack up.
As a non-crafter I can make good money selling easy drops to crafties who want them, but that's not really a recommendation for crafting is it, that they support a community of parasites?
Every hour I spend collecting craft materials costs me maybe $500 in lost revenues from high-earning jobs. A sharp blade thus 'costs' me around $1000, but the market price is around $500 atm and I don't see that going up over time. Or I can use it for a 10% boost for 2 duels. So let's say I win 10% more of my duels as a consequence - which is worth about (20 exp and $10) x 2 if the average win nets me 200 exp and $100. Again, 40 exp and $20 does not seem a worthwhile alternative to the $1000 or 200exp I probably lost in garnering raw materials. I'm aware that that's just one example but I think it's a fairly typical rate of return on even the best craft products (and some at the moment yield absolutely NO benefit).
Now of course, there are going to be new additions later on, but I seriously doubt that they will be dramatically out of line with what we already have. And typically in "The West" they will result in new goalposts that will invalidate choices already made. Maybe the Tonic Peddler will get a great new product. Oh, you chose Cook - too bad. How can you change craft? You can't. Just ditch your level 110 character and start over - that should keep you busy for another year unless you have some money to spend.
Call me cynical, but I've seen it all before. No, for me crafting = fail.
Now troll away.....

DeletedUser

I second the sentiment.....the only thing it'd help with is for an alliance to stockpile a bunch of tea and power-level someone for a world record or something....

DeletedUser

True, tea could be like super-cocaine if it really only takes 5 hours to collect the ingredients and gives you 140% energy - you would never need to sleep. The Gentleman's dinner could save some serious re-speccing and the Gem pommel (formerly 'knob' - I can't see what was wrong with that word) will be a must-have in months to come. I already had my gems ready for it when I saw that Inno had substituted Resin for the Uncut Diamond. Sadly typical.

DeletedUser

In my opinion crafting is something that keeps you playing once you reach level 120 and a decent addition to the game.

DeletedUser

I'm pretty sure I'll get trolled for saying it, but imho crafting is a bit of a waste of time for the crafter. The economics just don't stack up.

Bayonets are pretty much the only craft that are worth it. Which doesn't say a whole lot about crafting.

DeletedUser

I agree with Eli. Crafting takes too much time. I do craft in w12 and w13 tough, because jobs are 1H there. But in w1 jobs are 2H long. I only do the regular high end jobs there. In w1 when crafting you´ve wasted 2 HOURS if you don´t find the product you´re looking for. Also I don´t have time to waste time there, lol. They should increase the drop chance of some of the rare products.

DeletedUser

Bayonets are pretty much the only craft that are worth it. Which doesn't say a whole lot about crafting.
Bayonets aren't the ONLY useful craft, but yeah, almost. Cigarettes have made key hunting much easier. I also use them in other situations, like on luck jobs I want to do more than 3 hours a day or my best XP jobs when a bit more motivation means the difference between leveling with the last of my energy. They're also cheap and easy to make. Stomach medicine is alright, with advent calendar goodies and Easter eggs running out, but they're a little more difficult to make with the product requirements.

DeletedUser

What about field cook? They have slice of cake +15LP and then after that something that gives energy bonus/boost. And then after that buffs that gives skill bonuses. I haven´t tested them much because I don´t have time to craft in w1 so much.

DeletedUser

They aren't completely useless, but the bonuses aren't very significant.

DeletedUser

You aren't going to get flamed, I think that's the consensus.

Yeah. It takes me ages to collect enough stuff, and I'm not even guaranteed crafting points for the fifteen minutes it takes me to use everything up.

DeletedUser

You aren't going to get flamed, I think that's the consensus.
What? Where? Who?
Can't pinpoint it now but consider this post a flame! No boring consensus! :D
Crafting must be sliced, diced, analyzed and energically discussed as in present state it failed to become one of the major parts of the game.

DeletedUser17048

best craft for a melee dueller and best craft for a trapper/ranged dueller?

thanks in advance

edit: can't believe im still a newcomer, i've been here 2yrs ohhh well

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21816

How do you get those level 10 recipes? i'm only getting recipes starting at level 50.

Spaceydk

How do you get those level 10 recipes? i'm only getting recipes starting at level 50.

You have them when you choose profession.
You start with a few recipes, the lowest ones you have to acquire yourself is the ones starting at level 50 everything below that you have yourself.

DeletedUser21816

I know you start with 4 from the introduction, but in between the introduction and level 50 from the website there's other recipes that you need to get to be able to do some of the level 50 recipes

DeletedUser16008

OK whats graphite lube for ? forts or shooters for dueling or what ?

DeletedUser

The graphit thingy? It´s for fort battles, like bayonet, but smaller damage.