Crafting Items

DeletedUser

how come with this idea when i say ok how about we do promotion as it will make people use the jobs they dont people say what is the point.

but the above post says this is gppd as it will make people do jobs to get the items :slapface:

DeletedUser

Not a bad idea, but we're heading in the direction of Runescape...
No, that is not a good thing!

DeletedUser

What could happen? Players will do jobs because they will need products not only for cash and exp. Everyone will have a chance to create usable items instead of buying those in shops...

OH! I know!! People in BIG towns will lose advantage because crafting may be the way to create better items than those available to be bought in shops.....

This will even equal the chances, and maybe there will be off-towners by choice... crafters....

No... I didn't only mean game-wise, I also mean programming-wise... the dev's won't want to put this in if it takes too much money and time. You would have to go thru extensive codes for every combination of items to be combined.

DeletedUser

Not a bad idea, but we're heading in the direction of Runescape...
No, that is not a good thing!

Crafting items LONG predates RunEscape - think UO - and that is also not a good thing. I still stand by my original statement: I prefer the idea of crafting items that just sell for more than the sum of the parts, with maybe a small chance of crafting something useful.

DeletedUser

Crafting items LONG predates RunEscape - think UO - and that is also not a good thing. I still stand by my original statement: I prefer the idea of crafting items that just sell for more than the sum of the parts, with maybe a small chance of crafting something useful.

Well, yes, think about this: you cannot buy something? Create it. And one more thing: Players may do jobs because they want to, not because they have to do that (for quest), Look, this game, I think, needs come complication. Why?

Because it is monotonous with a time playing. Even for duellers.

What can I do?

• do a job (for quest, for money, for experience)
  • build town structure
  • duel
and in the future: do a job with my friends (thread team jobs)

So if we gather products why not mix those into items? If it is implemented players may do jobs to gather products necessary for crafting. And randomized bonuses from items will make it more.... unpredictable.

DeletedUser

If there's a concern about the impact on game play, this could be added to one new world as a test.

DeletedUser

U never addressed the programming dilemma...
Who? And what programming dilemma?

If you'd quote something, it would make your messages a helluva lot more useful. Your laziness = everybody else having to work to find out what you're talking about, when you already know. :dry:

DeletedUser

The dev's won't want to put this in if it takes too much money and time. You would have to go thru extensive codes for every combination of items to be combined when crafting.

There, gosh... you get it?

DeletedUser

that wasnt so hard

but why will it be hard to pregram it is their job :mad:

Well, if you think a bit... which idea would you rather tackle:

1) build a car out of premade parts
2) build a car from sand, scrap metal, rubber trees, etc., creating your own smelter facility, etc., all from scratch

Just saying "it's your job" doesn't make a daunting task any more attractive, particularly if another option exists which is far easier, yet offers a similar result.

So... in the marketplace of suggestions for improving TW, if there are 2 ideas which both offer a roughly equal amount of, shall we say, "player attraction"... the one that is a lot easier to implement will very likely be the one they go for. After all, in a job, the idea is that you want to have a high profit ratio. Doing a much harder task for the same net result as an easier one is bad business.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think it may be a separate system added to the game. No changes in the game except adding the new button to the interface and recipes to the shop....

DeletedUser

and the combining equals new item never heard of before... where will they get the software for that??

DeletedUser

and the combining equals new item never heard of before... where will they get the software for that??

it is not an item never heard of before, but item available to be bought in a shop with randomized bonuses....

DeletedUser

so there will be no new items. But they still will have to code every proccess that could equal the new items (a lot).

DeletedUser

Okay, technically:

• Adding a new shop for the recipes
  • recipe for particular item has a list of : products necessary for crafting, percentage chance of bonuses
Player

• buys a recipe (for example for a hat)
  • it is added to a list of recipes (crafting button, on the left side
  • chooses a recipe (item) he wants to craft
  • makes sure he has all of the products necessary
  • pushes "create" button
System:

• randomizes how many skills will be bonused (for example 3 skills)

• randomizes what skills will be bonused (dodging, shooting, hitpoints for example)

• randomizes how many points will be added (from 1 point to 10 points) for a particular skill

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Which means it will be a new item... *sigh*

I understood you the first time. Just because they don't need to put a new picture doesn't mean that it's not a new item-- the new skill bonuses would classify it as a new item. So they would need to create a specific randomizer and a code for every single recipe, no?

DeletedUser

Yup..... I know this would be huuuuge :) But I think they can make it without changing the existing code. (except adding a "create" button the the interface)