Crafting Items

DeletedUser

According to items: I decided to leave this to the developers

As for the skills: Yes those vary, but are always percent changes:

let us say there is a recipe requiring wool, cotton (some kind of jacket)
these are common products from low skill jobs and so: the percentage is like that:

60% for 1 skill bonus 10 points max
25% for 2 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
14% for 3 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
1% for 4 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill

and the other recipe requiring buffalo skin along with other products, since it is muchg harder to get buffalo skin than wool the percentage should be changed into:

35% for 1 skill bonus 10 points max
30% for 2 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
20% for 3 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
15% for 4 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill

this proves you can, with lots of luck, create an item with 4 skill bonus from wool (1%) but if you gain recipe requiring "better" products your chances of getting better items increase (in this example to 15%).

That doesn't really make logical sense in a real-world way (why would buffalo skin give you more skills than wool?) but then, neither does the present color/skill system make any sense at all. :nowink: So, evaluating it only in terms of its effect on game play, I'd say you have a good idea there.

DeletedUser

he is saying that since you are likely to get it l8r you should get more for it

DeletedUser

If you must use products from high skill and more dangerous jobs to create an item there must be greater reward

DeletedUser

what skills and attributes are relevant for crafting..?

no skills or attributes relevant to crafting itself, to buy a recipe you must meet required level (as well as to "wear" items right now), but of course you must collect (or buy) all products required....

DeletedUser

yeah its a great idea,but where do you get coffee from,you might have the option:you are crafting:unknown item

DeletedUser

i was thinking of the above post as well lol

but i do se things that can be made even weapons perhaps :eek:

DeletedUser

see, to me, this just seems like it'd be a really complicated aspect of the game. but the sound of eating items that you get for energy does seem like a good idea to me. like, lets say for instance that you do picking corn, if you get a ear of corn, i think you should be able to eat it for like 10 energy.

DeletedUser

That doesn't really make logical sense in a real-world way (why would buffalo skin give you more skills than wool?) but then, neither does the present color/skill system make any sense at all. :nowink: So, evaluating it only in terms of its effect on game play, I'd say you have a good idea there.

Well, if you consider that buffalo skin is really hard to get, and wool is easy, so why would anyone go hunting buffalos while he can collect wool and get the same item?

When you get products from more difficult jobs you should be able to get greater reward, right? I think this will further improve the usage of jobs,

DeletedUser

Well, if you consider that buffalo skin is really hard to get, and wool is easy, so why would anyone go hunting buffalos while he can collect wool and get the same item?

When you get products from more difficult jobs you should be able to get greater reward, right? I think this will further improve the usage of jobs,

OK, I'll try this again:

I am agreeing with your suggestion in terms of game play, even while pointing out that it makes utterly zero sense in terms of its real life analog. That is, in real life, there is no connection whatsoever between the rarity of a thing and what it empirically does, but that doesn't mean we can't use the idea in the (controlled, virtual, not-at-all-real) game environment, if we choose to.

You are arguing apples vs. oranges; I've already stated that I agree with your apple as an apple. It just makes a goofy orange, is all I'm saying. :)

DeletedUser

OK, I'll try this again:

I am agreeing with your suggestion in terms of game play, even while pointing out that it makes utterly zero sense in terms of its real life analog. That is, in real life, there is no connection whatsoever between the rarity of a thing and what it empirically does, but that doesn't mean we can't use the idea in the (controlled, virtual, not-at-all-real) game environment, if we choose to.

You are arguing apples vs. oranges; I've already stated that I agree with your apple as an apple. It just makes a goofy orange, is all I'm saying. :)

this is a game not real life.... but okay, so chances should be connected only to recipe or item class?

DeletedUser

this is a game not real life.... but okay, so chances should be connected only to recipe or item class?

I'm sorry; chances of what? I reread the last few posts and am lost as to what you're referring to.

DeletedUser

According to items: I decided to leave this to the developers

As for the skills: Yes those vary, but are always percent changes:

let us say there is a recipe requiring wool, cotton (some kind of jacket)
these are common products from low skill jobs and so: the percentage is like that:

60% for 1 skill bonus 10 points max
25% for 2 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
14% for 3 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
1% for 4 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill

and the other recipe requiring buffalo skin along with other products, since it is much harder to get buffalo skin than wool the percentage should be changed into:

35% for 1 skill bonus 10 points max
30% for 2 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
20% for 3 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
15% for 4 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill

this proves you can, with lots of luck, create an item with 4 skill bonus from wool (1%) but if you gain recipe requiring "better" products (added now: from more dangerous job and requiring more labour points) your chances of getting better items increase (in this example to 15%).

The percentage chances listed above are dependant on the difficulties during gathering products necessary to create item.......

DeletedUser

The percentage chances listed above are dependant on the difficulties during gathering products necessary to create item.......

Again, I agree with your proposed recipe system, so if you're restating it, I still agree; if you're asking if it should be something else, no, it should be as you proposed.

My point relates only to the real-world parallels to all these things. In reality, the rarity of something or the difficulty in acquiring it does not have any relationship to what the thing does, nor how well it does it. But, that's reality; this is The West. ;)

So, no need to ask me any more. I agree with your proposal since it's probably the best way to implement this idea in the game, despite the unreality of it IRL.

DeletedUser

It's not well thought out yet. Extensive programming and changes the game.

At first I thought this was pretty good until I realized what could happen if this was implemented.

DeletedUser

What could happen? Players will do jobs because they will need products not only for cash and exp. Everyone will have a chance to create usable items instead of buying those in shops...

OH! I know!! People in BIG towns will lose advantage because crafting may be the way to create better items than those available to be bought in shops.....

This will even equal the chances, and maybe there will be off-towners by choice... crafters....