Crafting Items

DeletedUser

He means that you don't necessarily have to taper the product %, because there always will always be a better crafted item than the one you are working on now.

That's not my point. My point is, an item with anywhere near 4 +10s is an overpowered item, and shouldn't be created IMO. I could be wrong about that though, and I'm sure the devs will balance out the numbers anyway.

DeletedUser

For 4 skill bonus item probability is 10%, when you get it you still do not know how many points and in what skills you receive;

This means you can get
+10 construction
+10 dodge
+10 setting traps
+10 trading

as well as
+1 shooting
+5 appearance
+3 horseback riding
+7 toughness

as well as
+1 construction
+1 swimming
+1 leadership
+1 hitpoints

those are examples of 4 skill bonus item (10% chances when crafting)

And also I thought about various chances for different recipes... The harder to get products the easier to create good items.

DeletedUser

For 4 skill bonus item probability is 10%, when you get it you still do not know how many points and in what skills you receive;
Yeah I know how the odds work. I've played many years of Diablo II crafting and gambling random items. ;) Point is that some people (albeit not many) will get those 4 +10s, and that's overpowered IMO. Hence my suggestion of putting a limiter on just how powerful these items can get, so as not to unbalance the game.

Again, I trust the devs to consider these factors, so I don't think it's ultimately important for us to determine exact numbers here.

And also I thought about various chances for different recipes... The harder to get products the easier to create good items.
To verify I'm reading you correctly: Are you suggesting that an item crafted from rare products should tend to be better quality?

DeletedUser

Correct; The harder to get materials the better item to create from those. Otherwise why should anyone gather products from dangerour jobs with high requirements while he canb get the same thing from safer and easier ones?

DeletedUser

Correct; The harder to get materials the better item to create from those. Otherwise why should anyone gather products from dangerour jobs with high requirements while he canb get the same thing from safer and easier ones?

Good point...why hunt grizzly bears when you can stay in town and knit?

DeletedUser

Odd suggested dichotomy; never would have occurred to me. Anyway, I was just asking for a clarification of your wording. Thanks.

DeletedUser

why not make it so that we can get a 100% chance of finding every product and item?

DeletedUser

How about have the structure give more recipes the higher level the builders have made that structure? (Blacksmith maybe? Not completely accurate, but time consistent)

And like other buildings in town you have to be in town to combine the items. If you do it in your own town it takes up less cash to make the item (well you do have to pay people to build things). Usual reduction for purchasing items in your own town, maybe half that price (or 75% of the cost) for builders?

Each level grants 5 recipes maybe? Items created that are consumable only last a specific length of time and can only use a consumable once every 24 hours. (time can be shorter or longer).

Yes, I like the general idea of crafting items. I enjoyed UO as well.

DeletedUser

hey here's an idea

u know that weapons have differences like rusty,normal,precise/sharp? wat about getting items (lodestone/knife sharperner,_____ <- your example here) which can upgrade your weapon? it makes life easier for those who have to ride all over the place to get the next better weapon. of course the level limit still applies.

DeletedUser

i had an idea which you had a building called a blacksmith that done that for you. i think this odea is ok to but i still like mine.

DeletedUser

Summary once again

MAIN PURPOSE

Enabling players to combine the products into a usable items

HOW DOES IT WORK NOW?

no system implemented right now, doesn`t work at all

HOW IT CAN BE IMPLEMENTED?

This can be solved by adding a structure (workshop) where players may buy recipes.

Recipes tells what products shall be used to create (craft) a particular item.

Use of a recipe adds an item to the list, under a new button "workshop" (I think it should be added below "quests" and above "town")

A player opens that "workshop" button, sees all of learned recipes, chooses an item to be created, checks the necessary products and prresses "create" button

(see the attachment, I found it in similar game)

ITEMS

Created items are divided into: clothing, boots, headgear, weaponry, and usable items (like healing powders, coffee or bread).

Clothing, boots, headgear adds a random bonuses to skills, or stats (just like now),

50% for 1 skill bonus 10 points max
25% for 2 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
15% for 3 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
10% for 4 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill

Usables, vanishes when used and adds points to:
HitPoints (red bar), Stamina (blue bar), or both of those. To avoid abusuing those shall be used once per 24 hours. (of course you cannot use the same item, because it vanishes used once, just like coffee to drink it again you will have to make one)

Problems

Gathering products: some players may find it difficult to gather all of necessary products to craft an item, and a soltuion would be auctioning of those; (all "trade" posts in this thread) the auction is open and a playes sees olny the last bid and timer of the auction.

I quoted the last summary, nothing changed from two last pages

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 8

DeletedUser

I know, but what are all the possible craft-able items?

Brown Cotton Shoes:
10 Cotton
5 leather
3 brown dyes

Grey Cotton Shoes:
10 cotton
5 leather
3 grey dyes

and so on???

or

Coonskin Cap:
15 beaver skins

Black Poncho

10 wool
5 black dye

And would skills vary depending on recipes or not?

DeletedUser

According to items: I decided to leave this to the developers

As for the skills: Yes those vary, but are always percent changes:

let us say there is a recipe requiring wool, cotton (some kind of jacket)
these are common products from low skill jobs and so: the percentage is like that:

60% for 1 skill bonus 10 points max
25% for 2 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
14% for 3 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
1% for 4 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill

and the other recipe requiring buffalo skin along with other products, since it is muchg harder to get buffalo skin than wool the percentage should be changed into:

35% for 1 skill bonus 10 points max
30% for 2 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
20% for 3 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill
15% for 4 skill bonus 10 points max in each skill

this proves you can, with lots of luck, create an item with 4 skill bonus from wool (1%) but if you gain recipe requiring "better" products your chances of getting better items increase (in this example to 15%).

DeletedUser

look, this will be too difficult for the developers to implement, that's my only concern.