Contagious Virus

Poker Alice

There is a contagious virus and it is called chronic complaining.
Yes that is right it is something people do, can pass on and it can be deadly.

Everyone has likes and dislikes. If you are veteran to the west game perhaps you are someone that would like to see the game return to what it used to be? If you are completely new to the game perhaps you were expecting something else? I’ve witnessed complaining in chats. You can observe complaints occurring in all areas. Gamer's complain about the fort situation, dueling, tombola, lack of or too much of. I’ve read a belief that stated that the more complaining which occurs the better things will be because complaints evoke change.

The problem with complaining itself is it doesn’t change anything except add to the list of complaints. The complaining virus can mutate. So, if you think a solution is to give everyone what they want, forget it. You can not please everyone and even if you do give to the sick one, the mutated virus will find something else to complain about.

So how do you deal with a deadly virus?

Contain it and make an attempt to treat the victims.
We can try to help by reminding that every situation can be looked at in a different way.

Containing a virus requires avoiding it like a plaque. This is why players and organizations stop listening. Put yourself in the shoes of someone else. If you read nothing more but complaints and sarcastic comments which do very little but run down, what would you do? It is human nature to either engage in a dispute which most of the time only degrades the parties involved and causes hard feeling or you could simply ignore the complaints.

Is there a better way? We could if we wished to even apply proper treatment to the rest of our life?

If you like the west game or want to again then be aware and protect yourself from the deadly chronic complaining virus. You could be its next victim.

RaiderTr

Complaining of complaining.. contagious indeed!

Let's not confuse.. Complaining with.. giving Feedback.. and making constructive criticism, though!

Yes.. people do tend to complain without offering solutions.
But then.. There has been too many suggestions to fixing piled up problems for years that now people got tired of doing that. (Well, who really visits forums nowadays anyway)

Still..
I guess I merged all 3 in one place: https://forum.beta.the-west.net/index.php?threads/situation-of-the-game.3477

Meanwhile.. A question..
Do you support Pay-to-win?

Nisa

The West Team
Marshal
GM Master
Deputy Sheriff
. So, if you think a solution is to give everyone what they want, forget it. You can not please everyone and even if you do give to the sick one, the mutated virus will find something else to complain about.

If you like the west game or want to again then be aware and protect yourself from the deadly chronic complaining virus. You could be its next victim.
Too late now. Nothing works as it should because of the numerous changes thanks to players who were vocal and wanted it all easy way. And then add few wrong decisions made by wrong people and we are here. I cant complain. I am just sad.

RaiderTr

From what I heard though.. There were lots of other "vocal" people too that tried to fight against insane power-creep and immediate-buy Nugget sets..
Guess Inno just favored the "faster" (instead of more but slower) money way..

Ironically though, now most of the remaining small player base is the "die-hard" old-school people, yet we can't get any change at all.

Last edited:

Poker Alice

Let's not confuse.. Complaining with.. giving Feedback.. and making constructive criticism, though!
Everyone at one time or another complains. I know I do. It seems to be the human condition. At this time of year for me its mostly about the weather. :)
Yes indeed I agree constructive criticism is good but don't you find everywhere the people who are in charge will listen after they say, "how can I help you" usually if the focus is on working together to find solutions. They tend to tune out or get defensive if it's not constructive such as playing the blame game. In the end the solutions come from the people in charge.

As for pay-to-win support if you mean will I stand against in protest?

I would rather remain neutral. I don't think it is my place to demand changes.

If you are asking about my game preferences though I wouldn't miss tombola's, if gold was only available by game play not real $ or if forts were so expensive they wouldn't appear in a game until a year transpired. I like the trading world over the conflict world but that's just me.

Too late now.
When did the fat lady sing? It's not over until it's over.

RaiderTr

There isn't much hope, but there is some, maybe..
conflict world
Before P2W/OP upgradable power-creeping sets hit the game it had much friendlier atmosphere. (Yes humans were always humans but without amplified "evil" side)

Now big spenders act like they must own everything just because they pay lots of real money.
And of course they surround themselves with the people who doesn't spend much but still loves to win for whatever cost.

That's Real life contagious capitalism virus for ya.
- - - - - - -
Well of course there are way too many "events" (click click ones, tombolas etc etc) and quests now..
Much less time for anything else.

Last edited: