Contagious Virus

Poker Alice

someone or something drove us to this point with their actions. OK? this is the only thing I want you to understand. there is a reason why people have this attitude. you have the right to your opinion, but you must also respect the facts.

... don't go around pointing a finger at the players and that it's our fault the game is in the state it is today. that is very unfair, and extremely incorrect.
Alright, I'll stand corrected. Thanks for setting me straight. There you see, I'm willing to accept my errors. I'm thankful I did get some feedback in this post. It's really tough being ignored. I've noticed how this forum is not very active. I assumed since there was so little activity, that the forum would not be read very often by anyone who could make changes in the game. I didn't actually think that it would never ever ever be read by anyone who is in charge. Well that's is too bad.

I'll take your word on this and won't pursue sharing any of my idea's. I will however stand up for myself in debate like fashion and say I don't agree with what you have said about me. I wasn't attempting to blame players for anything (other than sounding extremely negative). If I was in charge of a company/online game I wouldn't put up with it.

Indeed there is a lot of complaining but at least you are aware of it as you justify it on the past.

Pankreas PorFavor

I will however stand up for myself in debate like fashion and say I don't agree with what you have said about me.
I don't remember saying anything about you personally. I did comment what you wrote, but I don't think I said anything about you. If I did, please let me know what was it that offended you.

If I was in charge of a company/online game I wouldn't put up with it.
Ignoring the unhappy customer is the worst thing an owner of any business can do. It's one thing when it's just rambling of an occasional freak, but when so many of your customers are saying the same thing... you should think about it.
I'll quote Bill Gates again - “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”

Poker Alice

I don't remember saying anything about you personally. I did comment what you wrote, but I don't think I said anything about you. If I did, please let me know what was it that offended you.
I'm not offended. You said, that I was pointing my finger at people. I'm in disagreement with you on that by saying, that it isn't my intention to point fingers. Complaining is what I saw. I created this post not out of ill will. I thought it was a topic worthy of a little discussion.

Ignoring the unhappy customer is the worst thing an owner of any business can do. It's one thing when it's just rambling of an occasional freak, but when so many of your customers are saying the same thing... you should think about it.
I'll quote Bill Gates again - “Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.”
I agree with you, ignoring can be deadly. I'm not an owner but if I was an owner I would like you said want to continue to listen to what the customer base was saying about my product. Any company is going to get good and bad reviews. You can't do much about bad reviews online but I might want to deal with any down playing of the product in house.

True anyone or any number of people can think of changes they want to see implemented into a game but at the end of the day it is what it is. As an individual player I can play this game just the way it is and still have fun with it.

asdf124

It is very arrogant to think for anyone with a desire to play computer games (by the way some people have experience besides one particular game on the internet) cannot understand the basics of this particular video game unless they have played the game for many years. I didn't write that for 10 years all you did was complain and put down this game. It is however very obvious to me you are really good at doing that now.
One thing for certain that you are wrong about is how innogames have operated over the years. I don't know what gaming experiences you had, however I have been on this game for about 10 years except 2 years. One thing is for certain, once a game is not popular, the company decides not to listen to its community. Why? It is rather simple, they have to actually treat it like cattle. Its just too old so milking it is just harder. Two options, milk it harder or simply butcher it for the meat. Right now, they are still milking it and in consideration to simply butcher it.

So, your gaming experience would be for a company to actually hear my plea for better changes would mean: If I make my idea as best as I could without any hostility. I would be getting my plea heard. This is pretty naive and depends on the gaming company, who you are, and the community of said game. Gaming companies usually have their focus on making money obviously but some do the extra mile to satisfy their end users, and that is certainly not most of their investors.

At its peak for the west I remember they had a thing that said 10 million players so far or something like that with the best browser game of 2008 and another was 2010 awards. My point is, what do you think happened to those people? Why did they decide to suddenly leave? "Oh cause people were complaining all the time in forums?"

It has been years since the last idea was implemented, the last idea to ever be implemented to improve the system was foscock's round shuffling in adventures. It would be interesting if they did it in fort fights too, but no they won't do that cause who says they ever read the forums here? :D

Pankreas PorFavor

At its peak for the west I remember they had a thing that said 10 million players so far or something like that with the best browser game of 2008 and another was 2010 awards.
Sorry, I have to correct you ;) The awards are still on the login page, it's 2008 and 2011. And the line about the players that was also there said "17 million worldwide". Seeing "highly populated" Colorado with 1400 players (how many really active?) or "average population" of Dakota at 740 (as an example) makes the whole story even more tragically funny.

Poker Alice

I could easily complain about being tired of listening to complaining but then I would be complaining too right?:-( We are all human and can catch a virus. The OP was not designed to be about company business but rather was directed at the individual player. If it has been determined that a plea for a change is not going to occur, I just can't see how constant complaining about the same ole things will make any difference. The only question left to ask is can the game still be enjoyed exactly the way it is by the present player base?

asdf124

Sorry, I have to correct you ;) The awards are still on the login page, it's 2008 and 2011. And the line about the players that was also there said "17 million
worldwide". Seeing "highly populated" Colorado with 1400 players (how many really active?) or "average population" of Dakota at 740 (as an example) makes the whole story even more tragically funny.
I know it was in the front page but the 17m I couldn't find anymore.
I could easily complain about being tired of listening to complaining but then I would be complaining too right?:-( We are all human and can catch a virus. The OP was not designed to be about company business but rather was directed at the individual player. If it has been determined that a plea for a change is not going to occur, I just can't see how constant complaining about the same ole things will make any difference. The only question left to ask is can the game still be enjoyed exactly the way it is by the present player base?
Most of the playerbase is getting bored with the similar tactics, keep shuffling same tactics. Make mini events to try to distract the playerbase, then release a nugget set 4 times a year, 4 more events(Valentine, easter, independence day, octoberfest, day of the dead, and christmas event) Each time they sometimes release better gear, sometimes they don't. So eventually a large chunk will leave. The only reason we have an uptick right now is due to the fact we have quarantines in most of the world.

Just give it until next year or 2022 world cup and people will be leaving soon.

Pankreas PorFavor

I could easily complain about being tired of listening to complaining but then I would be complaining too right?:-(
that's like complaining about the program on "the golf channel". not interested in golf? use the remote and switch the channel. same with this forum. don't like the topic? don't read it, there are other threads about other stuff.

I just can't see how constant complaining about the same ole things will make any difference.
what do you care? we are discussing stuff, complaining about what we don't like, remembering what we used to like, proposing what we would like to have in the future, even if we know it's not realistic. but we're allowed to dream, aren't we? maybe one of us will win the jackpot and buy Innogames, then implement the changes we suggested? :p

The only question left to ask is can the game still be enjoyed exactly the way it is by the present player base?
we're still here, aren't we? there are still things that we like. and as one of the forum members often says - players are the content of this game. even if the environment is not as good as it was, there's still a lot of players around that we like to interact with.

Poker Alice

same with this forum. don't like the topic? don't read it, there are other threads about other stuff.
I created this topic and can maintain an interest in it as well as look at other topics, yeah true. Perhaps you misunderstood what I wrote in that I was simply stating what I still believe to be true.
So eventually a large chunk will leave. The only reason we have an uptick right now is due to the fact we have quarantines in most of the world.

Just give it until next year or 2022 world cup and people will be leaving soon.
And where will the go? Forge of Empires? The real stats will indeed show that players come and go and yes there will also be a steady membership base. Isn't that pretty standard for online video games ? I'm not sure and not an expert in the game industry.

Who knows, in any game forum there could be some players able to put their heads together and come up with some very cool ideas to make any game better or even create something entirely new but in the end it is the developers that present the package as they see fit. In the meantime back at the ranch in the west...

asdf124

I created this topic and can maintain an interest in it as well as look at other topics, yeah true. Perhaps you misunderstood what I wrote in that I was simply stating what I still believe to be true.
And where will the go? Forge of Empires? The real stats will indeed show that players come and go and yes there will also be a steady membership base. Isn't that pretty standard for online video games ? I'm not sure and not an expert in the game industry.

Who knows, in any game forum there could be some players able to put their heads together and come up with some very cool ideas to make any game better or even create something entirely new but in the end it is the developers that present the package as they see fit. In the meantime back at the ranch in the west...
Currently, its not even the developers that actually have any say in it. Just the product manager of the-west.

Poker Alice

The problem with complaining itself is it doesn’t change anything except add to the list of complaints.
:) I can understand the humour involved in consistent ribbing which takes place in games, software or any website around the internet for that matter. Whether it be about a halt to updating or a bug that keeps resurfacing for example, users will sometime make fun of some fault or inadequacy they feel is present. The emphasis is on what someone feels is lacking or needs changing. It doesn't really mean the same opinion needs to be the same for everyone.

An example of this is when *Microsoft Windows first came out with its operating system some users complained they were seeing annoyances. It was annoying some users wrote that in order to shut down the operating system they must first press on the start button. I suppose it does make sense, to first click start to shut down is unnecessary as it could be a one button shutdown! There will always be someone complaining about something. Let's attribute that to human nature.

I've learned something from this discussion and have also came to some conclusions. I can always change my mind later. What the owners of the west and the players in the west do is really up to them.
And for me at this present time, as long as I am playing this game, I will be happy just playing the game exactly the way it is. :lovetw:

Poker Alice

Sorry for the long reply, as I'm not sure if it is required but I just want to know you understand what I'm saying and I understand what you mean.
By happy with the game I mean that it really doesn't matter to me if the game is played differently than how I would like to imagine it could be like. I can still play the game and enjoy it regardless.
I was just curious to know, since you said you were happy with it as it is. Now I can better judge what your opinion on that subject is worth to me personally.
Glad you are just curious, I didn't know if you meant you were threatening to gun me down in the streets as I cross over to get my hair done at the sheriff's office. Yes, I do have my opinion about how the dueling part of game functions as I've had lots of time to think about those things while resting on my hotel bed. I won't complain about the new holes in my skirt or the new blood stains in the dirt. It is what it is regardless of what anyone's opinion is anyway, right? So might as well lean back and enjoy the ride.

lulumcnoob

I mean, I'm still here, still find enjoyment and I'm really excited about possible changes to fort battles once the ifbc is over, to bring the PvP closer to how it used to be back when it was fun and balanced.

Of course your opinion as a player is just as valid as mine is, but I see you as either apathetic or ignorant of what the game was/could be regarding the PvP. And to me, the fort battles (and people who play them) are why I play.

Poker Alice

I mean, I'm still here, still find enjoyment and I'm really excited about possible changes to fort battles once the ifbc is over, to bring the PvP closer to how it used to be back when it was fun and balanced.

Of course your opinion as a player is just as valid as mine is, but I see you as either apathetic or ignorant of what the game was/could be regarding the PvP. And to me, the fort battles (and people who play them) are why I play.
I can see that you are also pushing hard and very focused on Player versus Player competition. And I'm sure you have your reasons. I'm not apathetic to the wishes and interests of others only I choose to walk my own path.

lulumcnoob

Non-PvP stuff definitely has a place in the game for me too. PvE compliments the PvP, in areas like crafting, questing for still points and unique items and daily quests for bonds, and of course levelling and building a town.

The problem, again, for me is that hundreds of the questlines aren't worth the time to put it politely, I don't see a point in luck hunting for items that were out of date when tombolas first started, achievements aren't my thing, and don't even get me started on church builders.
Fort battles are where the fun is, and when they are flourishing on a world, everything else flourishes too, from the volume of items on the market to the number of duels, to the amount of money people spend on the game.

Fort sets are the big cash cow, which says it all, but somewhere along the line we lost control of the power creep and the balance between playstyles, and the loss of viable builds in battles, we now have 2 options, tank or damage and only one of those are fun to play, anything between that sucks, and this was not the intention of the game's makers or designers.

So yes, I have a heavy focus on PvP, because I believe everything else in the game depends on it.

Last edited: