Civil war

DeletedUser

yeah, but indians would have FAR higher skill levels, like they could gain them far easily...

DeletedUser

yeah, i dunno, maybe they get two attribute points per level up instead of one of something?

DeletedUser

I'm one of those Yankee Hating Confederates

BT Prudhomme here. I served four years under Robert E. Lee in the army of Northern Virginia as a soldier in Wilcox's brigade. I saw enough blood spilled to fill an ocean besides losing three friends that were like brothers to me. The war is over, though, and I'd just as soon not fight it again, if it's all the same to you. Joe Wheeler and his boys went down Mexico way, but I'm just too darn tired. So here i stay.

BT Prudhomme

Corporal, CSA retired

DeletedUser

the civil war was not present in the west as much if at all it was mostly an east coast deal and any forts west of the mississippi were all Union

DeletedUser

the civil war was not present in the west as much if at all it was mostly an east coast deal and any forts west of the mississippi were all Union

thanks for the history info ............................

cowboy indian wars sounds better

DeletedUser

Indians were not what we would call war fighters, they would have war parties who would go out and raid other villages or lone settlers and such, the idea of Indians touching an enemy with a stick was called counting coup and would symbolise the enemy's spirit flowing into the winning braves stick and hence into him, scalping was not started by the Indians but the french who posted bounties for indian scalps.

the US Cavalry (union) did not go to war on the indians but did Campaigns on them which resulted in villages being destroyed and the indians being rounded up and moved to reservations. there were no wars between the "Americans" and the "Native Americans" it was more of skirmish warfare with very few battles between the two, Hollywood glorified alot of small skirmishes into big wars that didn't occur, the only major campaign of note was Custar's 7th. Cavalry being massacred at Wounded Knee.

DeletedUser

Corrections

Some corrections to the assertion that the Civil War was an Eastern war and that anything past the Mississippi was Union. The facts are that Brig. Gen. Henry Sibley led a COnfederate expedition into New Mexico in a futile attempt to capture the silver mines of Nevada for the South, and was only turned back in the 1862 battles of Valverde and Glorieta Pass. Armed conflicts were known to occur as far west as Visalia California between pro confederate settlers and US forces. The Yank vs Reb certainly has a place in this game setting, just so long as its not overdone. Thank you for your kind attention.

DeletedUser

Corrections

The seventh Cavalry met its demise at Little Big Horn, not Wounded Knee. And, if you dont call what the US Army did to the plains Indians a war, I dont think I want to knw what you would call a war. The tribes were systematically uprooted from their ancestral lands as the government broke one treaty after another with the tribes until the final "Ghost Dance" was held at the large Sioux camp in the Little Big Horn Valley.
I agree with you on one point only, that the plains tribes were not organized in a military sense. It was the tendency of the Indian warrior to fight as an individual that led to the tribes losing this conflict and being forced onto reservations. Although, if you read the history books, the Indian braves were regarded as the finest light cavalry that the world had ever seen,

DeletedUser

Some corrections to the assertion that the Civil War was an Eastern war and that anything past the Mississippi was Union. The facts are that Brig. Gen. Henry Sibley led a COnfederate expedition into New Mexico in a futile attempt to capture the silver mines of Nevada for the South, and was only turned back in the 1862 battles of Valverde and Glorieta Pass. Armed conflicts were known to occur as far west as Visalia California between pro confederate settlers and US forces. The Yank vs Reb certainly has a place in this game setting, just so long as its not overdone. Thank you for your kind attention.

i did not even mention these conflicts since they did not constitute any large or even decent sized conflict and were mostly between sympethisers in the regions they occured, not to mention said conflicts were rare and far between.

DeletedUser

Correction

i did not even mention these conflicts since they did not constitute any large or even decent sized conflict and were mostly between sympethisers in the regions they occured, not to mention said conflicts were rare and far between.

Sibley's campaign against the Nevada Silver mines which you dismiss so lightly was one part of a three pronged Confederate campaign in 1862 which is widely regarded as the point at which the Confederacy was an eyelash away from victory, either in the form of recognition by the European States or of the North ending the war due to the skyrocketing cost and casulaties.
Furthermore, armed conflicts between pro slavery factions and pro unionists far from being isolated took place from the "Border wars" of Kansas through the "Indian Nations" all the way to the west coast, which led to numbers of federal troops being retained on the west coast which otherwise might have turned the tide in Virginia much sooner. No offense intended, but you need to get your facts straight before you go lecturing in this forum again.

DeletedUser

Sibley's campaign against the Nevada Silver mines which you dismiss so lightly was one part of a three pronged Confederate campaign in 1862 which is widely regarded as the point at which the Confederacy was an eyelash away from victory, either in the form of recognition by the European States or of the North ending the war due to the skyrocketing cost and casulaties.
Furthermore, armed conflicts between pro slavery factions and pro unionists far from being isolated took place from the "Border wars" of Kansas through the "Indian Nations" all the way to the west coast, which led to numbers of federal troops being retained on the west coast which otherwise might have turned the tide in Virginia much sooner. No offense intended, but you need to get your facts straight before you go lecturing in this forum again.

and you seriously need to check into your facts considering if these wars were of such pertinence or importance as you think how come so little is mentioned of them, in fact other then a civil war recreation near Vegas i hardly know of such things, and i'm not the only one. in fact how many RPG's or board games or Computer games or even History books on the Civil war mention these "Conflicts" ? very few if any. in fact Sibley's army consisted of less then 4 thousand troops furthermore his Campaign was in New Mexico from forces drawn out of Texas (which was pro-southern) which was an attempt to take control of California which failed miserably due to them not being able to cross the Desert.

in fact due to the disaster the campaign became the South lost a chunk of west Texas to the Union California Column Army under a Colonel James Carleton, so if you wish to bring up this small insignificant conflict which was more of a blemish then anything feel free to do so, but all it was was a running retreat by the South.

oh Forgot to mention he didn't go to Nevada.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

oh and one other thing there are no recorded civil war battles for the following states:

California
Arizona
Nevada

New Mexico had 2 Battles:

Glorieta Pass with Estimated Casualties: 331 total (US 142; CS 189)

and

Valverde with Estimated Casualties: 389 total (US 202; CS 187)

both from "Sibley's New Mexico Campaign"

which i would not classify as big battles as i said previously so seriously Prudhomme you should go crack your History books before you show anymore your lack of knowledge about anything.

Last edited by a moderator: