Civil war

DeletedUser

I was doing the "Guard fort" quest, and stumbled upon an union flag, and then I started looking around if one could find an confederate flag
The civil war was fought between 1861–1865 and the "wild west" is ussually put in the later half of the 1800´s, therefore it wouldn´t be strange to find a couple of yankee hateing southerners around here.

I have no idea how it would work but would it not be more indepth if the confederats came in to the game somehow? Maby pick wich sides fort you will guard?

DeletedUser

this obviously has huge connotations... towns only confederates/unionists could join, and they are constant war...

maybe you choose which group to join when you sign up, and you start north or south of ther map, depending what you chose. then if you go into the other people's land (at the mid-way point) you are likely to get attacked. if you beat someone from the other half in a dule, the benefits are greater/you get rewards.

towns of opposite sides could declare war on each other, and gain more teriroty for their side (changing the mid-way mark, to more loand on your side)...

on the whole, like the idea, but this could be huge...

DeletedUser1105

This would change the game completely. It would make it into a two-sided battle, rather than everyone for themselves.

I'm not so keen on the idea. It's a good idea for a game, but I wouldn't like to see it implemented in this game.

DeletedUser

yeah, i think you're relaizing the implications too... i think it's a good idea, but you're right, not sure it's right for this game... maybe their could be a seperate server that is set up like this or something??

DeletedUser

Definately interested, but I don't think it would make a good addition to the world already in place. However, maybe on one of the future worlds that's how things should be set up.

DeletedUser1105

I suppose when it comes to it they could open worlds 2 and 3 together. World 2 would be similar to this world, and world 3 could be the civil war version.

DeletedUser

people keep coming up with ideas like this e.g. indians vs cowboys.. but youve got to think of how much it would change the whole point of this game.. the war wasnt fought by cowboys or labourers.. it was fought by soldiers

DeletedUser

Yeah but as i know the Indian and Cowboy really fought each other for land..so it will be just more realistic if it got implemented..

DeletedUser

yeah indians i can understand if they were NPC but the characters we play as had nothing to do with the civil war.. you cant work in a sugar plantation one minute then decide to blow up some confederates the next. doesnt work

DeletedUser

Mmmmm yeah i know what you mean about the civil war will not look good..thou i will like it better if the indians were player too..you know some players here would like to go that way..and will be nicer be real thing cownoy versus indians and not cowboy alway killing his own..

DeletedUser

Its a bad idea. Then there wouldn't be any out laws, only soldiers and that is not what the west is about.

DeletedUser

the time period this is set in is about the white men taking over the indians.. if they indians were real people and they fought back that not how it happens

DeletedUser

This would change the game completely. It would make it into a two-sided battle, rather than everyone for themselves.

I'm not so keen on the idea. It's a good idea for a game, but I wouldn't like to see it implemented in this game.

you took the words right out of my mouth

DeletedUser

yeah.. it would be a differnet game. not necessarily a bad game though. if other worlds are created, and i think they will be, maybe one of two could have this idea, as i've said

DeletedUser1105

I don't think the cowboys vs indians battle is going to be implemented anytime soon.

DeletedUser

the indians didnt fight back in the way it would be on this game.. their idea of fighting was to hit their enemy with a stick to show off their bravery.. and they only ever won one battle.. so having loads of duels between them isnt really realistic

DeletedUser

Sorry i forgot his name(Not good memory)

But i read this book book i think his name was carson..it was in the times of the wild west..how he and his men was cornered by a tribed of Indians and they all died..Killed by the indians with axes and bow and arrows..and stuff i cant remember..then there is now i think a stone carving where he fell..