Bible Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1121

The water came from a vapor canopy. Because of the great amount of water still in the atmosphere, earth previously had a sub-tropical climate. Hence, dinosaurs and other now-extinct animals thrived and the life exspectancy of man was longer. The oceans were at a much lower level before the flood. After the deludge, the planet took on a much more diverse and harsh climate. The poles froze over and the ice age started.

I thought the world was only about 6000 years old according to the bible.
I think it is a proven fact that dinosaurs lived some years before that..

The LAST book of the Bible was written in 90 A.D. The Old Testament, the part of Scriputres containing the most prophesies, was written well before that. Furthermore, one of the greatest prophesies in the Bible, that Israel would once again become a nation, was not fullfilled until 1948. Israel had not been a nation for almost 2,000 years. They had been scattered from their land by the Romans in 70 A.D.

Well yeah, that part annoys me a bit. IMHO Israel isn't a real country.
They just stole it from the Palestines and have no rights at all for that country.

But i want you all to know i have written a book aswell. I expect that Hawai will be for my offsprings. They have the right to claim it in the year 3048.
Why? because someone wrote it in a book. That is why!

DeletedUser

I have a question, about the Noah's Ark idea. Could it just be an overexadurated and overly recent tale?

It is an over exaggerated story that probably took place in ancient Mesopotamia.
The land between Euphrates and Tigris is low and wet, and Mesopotamian Marshes were/are subject to frequent floods. The locals may have seen them as the end of the world.

DeletedUser

I have a question, about the Noah's Ark idea. Could it just be an overexadurated and overly recent tale? Could it actually be a thing that took place around 65 million years ago, or even before then? As we know, there have been multiple mass extinctions, and thus only a few species survived each one, but could The Bible chapters on Noah and his Ark be just a metaphor, and the two of each animal, be an underestimate? Obviously, it would be physically, genetically, and humanly impossible for someone to save the world with just one boat and two of each animal, but what if it's more than that? What if the story of Noah's Ark is about the continents, and 2e to the xth amount of animals surviving? Could that be the case?

If it isn't the case, then is there anything at all going for Noahs little boat trip, or what?
At the end of the last ice age massive glacial melts triggered a dramatic rising of the sea level, swallowing many low-lying lands and human settlements near the coastlines. Many historians have hypothesized that Noah's ark and many other flood myths from around the world evolved from distant folk memories of this time. Others have theorized that these myths were inspired by fossilized sea animals found on mountaintops, which has previously been explained as the product of tectonic activity.

You're forgetting the flood myth from the Greek myth of Prometheus, and the Chinese tale of a man who escaped the flood by hiding in an urn, and... oh, looks like someone already made a list for me: List of Deluge Myths

DeletedUser

At the end of the last ice age massive glacial melts triggered a dramatic rising of the sea level, swallowing many low-lying lands and human settlements near the coastlines. Many historians have hypothesized that Noah's ark and many other flood myths from around the world evolved from distant folk memories of this time. Others have theorized that these myths were inspired by fossilized sea animals found on mountaintops, which has previously been explained as the product of tectonic activity.

Interesting enough, there is historic proof that a drastic change in water levels took place.

The Bible happend to give that explanation thousands of years before scientists started studying it.

The flood taking place as in the Bible actually makes scientific sense.

Before the flood, it was said the Earth had a canopy of water over it. A literal barrier of water in or above the atmosphere. Such a canopy would have caused the entire earth to have a regulated warm weather pattern in the entire Earth, so the poles, instead of being frozen like they are, were probably 50-90 degrees year round, or at least they weren't frozen.

But when the water canopy ("floodgates of the heavens") were poured on the Earth in the Flood, then the weather would instantaneously change and the poles would freeze, leaving mammoths and other animals frozen in mid-motion, much like the discoveries of frozen mammoths found today.

And before you throw, "Why didn't Noah take two mammoths in the ark with him since he took two of each animal according to the Bible?"

The Bible said he took animals of thier kind not of every species. So he brought elephants, but not every species.

Science and the Bible do agree, despite what some think. Although Jehovah can bend the laws of nature,and it wouldn't be hard since he wrote them, for the most part, he kept those laws.

When the sun stopped for Joshua, if God had stopped the rotation of the earth or movement whatsoever, it could cause serious problems for the Earth, he probably caused an optical illusion or just caused another form of light to shine. Much like the light that would shine above the Ark of the Covenant.

The list goes on and on.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I thought the world was only about 6000 years old according to the bible.
I think it is a proven fact that dinosaurs lived some years before that..

It is not proven. That is what the theory of evolution stipulates. Like I said before, there are dinosaur fossils and human fossils in the same rock.

Well yeah, that part annoys me a bit. IMHO Israel isn't a real country.
They just stole it from the Palestines and have no rights at all for that country.

The Hebrews lived in that land 2000 years ago. When the Jews rebelled against the Roman empire, as was commonly done to conquered people, the Jews were scattered across the empire so that they could not rebel again. That is their land. Does it bug you that white man lives in America? It shouldn't.

DeletedUser1121

Actually it does. The only reason the indians can't make the same coup the jewish did is because they can't afford such a war. Israel exists by the grace and the money of the US. And imho this has nothing to do with any kind of religion, just a money issue.

DeletedUser

Fossilisation: What I said is undisputed; fossils form when organic material is quickly burried without decay. Explain how I am wrong. Don't just say, "You're wrong."

Tell me what evidence argues against a flood.

You're trying to tell me I don't know how CREATION happened? No kidding. God did it; not me.

Justin - I haven't time to list all the errors and I don't really believe you are listening anyway.

I'll pick one example:
For a fossil to form, a specimen must be rapidly buried with large layers of sediments.
Plain wrong. Not even a basic understanding here. Go to Wikipedia.

As for human and dinosaur 'fossils' being in the same matrix - give me a reference to any academic paper that refers to this and I will check it out. Otherwise, stick to what you know.

DeletedUser

The lies you two(JM & Blondie) sprout disgust me.

I've long since given up hope that it is a distburting display of ignorance.

So, Noah took two animals of every kind, but not species....
That's your explaination for there being elephants today but not mammoths?
Do you even realize how ludicrus that claim is?
Seriously, do you even stop to read and reflect what you yourself write down?

...and if you do, can you keep a straight face?

And do keep your list going on, because you showing the world such a list is an awesome way for your religious folk to out yourself as nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1121

John,

There is a passage in the bible you should live by when it concerns those two:

Proverbs 26:4 (King James Version): Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

rather than the one you are following at the moment:

Proverbs 26:5 (King James Version): Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

DeletedUser8950

The Hebrews lived in that land 2000 years ago. When the Jews rebelled against the Roman empire, as was commonly done to conquered people, the Jews were scattered across the empire so that they could not rebel again. That is their land. Does it bug you that white man lives in America? It shouldn't.
Pathetic. The palestinians have similar religous claims to that land, but as they don't comply with your religous book, their obviously wrong.
And I agree with JR. Blondie, you don't have any idea what you're talking about. It's quite tragic.

DeletedUser

Does it bug you that white man lives in America? It shouldn't.

I have no problem with us "white men" living here, but I do have a problem with how we got here. Many Indian nations were killed to, or close to, extinction. Knowing there are still other bands alive today doesn't mean those that were wiped out are less important - any more than knowing that there are dolphins alive and well in the world would make it acceptable to completely wipe out the blue whale.

I find it ironic that so many "fellow Americans" find that it was ok to do that to humans, but unforgivable to do the same thing to animals. I find both to be unforgivable.

DeletedUser

Are you serious, you don't get that, John?

A kind is a type, such as a kind of dove, a kind of Raven, not every single species of doves and ravens, did you even pass kindergarden?

DeletedUser8950

A kind is a type, such as a kind of dove, a kind of Raven, not every single species of doves and ravens, did you even pass kindergarden?
The point is, he understands, but it's a load of crap.
Anyways, how could the millions of species today fit in the ark, anyway? Explain that.

DeletedUser

Many people misunderstand the Bible. And thus get false interpretations from it. I however, through years of study, have been able to get the truth from the Bible.

My we are arrogent. How can you know that you perfectly understand the bible, or that you have learned every truth from it. May i also point out this is a thread for an online game, not sunday school

DeletedUser

Oh, I did get it, but as Dn5 says; it's a load of crap.
How about a kind of cat animal?
How come we have so many of those?

God sure must love cats of varying sizes and looks.

DeletedUser

(( As this thread has served as a catch-all for Bible debates, and has gone well beyond the stipulated 10 page limit, thus I am closing it. You may create a new thread on any specific point, any specific argument, but let's put an end to these shotgun debates, which invariably devolve into he said / she said spitting contests. The topic was originally, "Bible Answers," which this thread clearly has not provided, nor is it a reasonable topic for debate/discussion. So, in the future, pick out a specific point for debate/discussion. ))

Status
Not open for further replies.