Bible Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

This thread was made for John to start picking and choosing which examples of Bible Contradictions he would like me to explain. However, other Bible Questions may be asked here.

DeletedUser23186

Scientologists are ridiculed for their belief that aliens brought Man to Earth, but Christians expect to be respected for their belief that a non-human non-native super-powerful omniscient being created the Earth and all Life upon it within seven days.

How does The Bible differ from the works of L. Ron Hubbard in explaining the differences to your satisfaction?

(There's no need to answer, the base premise and question are my facetious way of making a point.)

DeletedUser

First off, contrary to popular False religious and Creationists beliefs, the Earth was not created in 7, 24-hour days. It cleary took thousands of years, based on how all the things came into place. Such as in Genesis 1:3, "And God proceeded to say, "Let light come to be." Then there came to be light.

Then in verse 14 And God went on to say, "Let luminaries come to be in the expanse of the heavens to make a division between the day and night; and they must serve as signs and for seasons and for days and years."

So in verse he created the stars, then another says they came to shine on the Earth. The light of some stars takes over 100,000 years to reach Earth. That alone shows that it could not be 24 hour days, according to how the Bible explains it.

About your anti-Creator view. Let me ask this.

Alright, so there's a Higgs particle just doing something for a little bit, then, BAM! all these things of the universe are working with extreme precesion and perfection. From there, a dust cloud is found in this Universe that came out of nowhere. Then that cloud starts spinning, and at the center it gets hotter and hotter and starts condensing, until it becomes our Solar System, and all that dust remaining forms 8 planets, (nine if you count Pluto) that all have a perfect orbit where they don't hit each other and bring an end to all life as we know it. And one planet in particular is formed as a size, distance, tilt, orbit, and pretty much everything else perfect for life, all in order.

If the Earth were much bigger, the gravity could kill us and could cause much devastation in other ways, if much smaller, then it could not hold our atmosphere and we would suffocate. If it wasn't tilted then our summers would burn us alive, and our winters would freeze us to death. If our MOON was much smaller, it could keep the earth balanced and we would do the former, and if it's orbit was not perfect, it could do that, or control the tides in a matter that doesn't cause catastrophe. If the Earth was 1% closer to the sun, we would fry, if 1% farther we would freeze. Now, all that aside, now some Primordial soup comes along out of nowhere, and brings single-celled organisms to this planet, and out of that, it learns to breathe oxygen, and after a billion years of Evolution, then here we are, the only sentient beings on the face of the Earth with boundless capacity for knowledge and wisdom, the ability to do things no other animal can possibly do.

And all of this came about by chance?

DeletedUser

yeah, but a royal flush comes from chances of 52 cards, the universe and what happend with it come from over a hundred trillion possibilities, you're illustration is not comparable.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8950

Out of the topic of bible answers, can I ask about your religion generally here?

DeletedUser23186

The original source for the Christian 'false religious and Creationist beliefs' is the Bible.

Assuming that space is infinite, with infinite stars and infinite planets and infinite everything else, even extremely unlikely things have an infintely large number of possibilities to happen. I feel safe assuming this as the alternative is a blankness or worse, a wall.

Just because there is a very small chance of something happening, that doesn't make an alternative, but equally unlikely, explanation true.

Coincidence seems infinitely more likely to me than Intelligent Design, but I can't prove it either way, not even by quoting Dawkins. Quoting the Bible to show proof of biblical beliefs is a circular exercise.

I don't presume that we are the only possible form of life, so Earth-like isn't the only environment for Life to develop, it's merely ideal for our sort of life to develop. Had the Moon's axial tilt been 3 degrees different, perhaps some ammonia-breathing life would have developed here.

My original question was why does the Bible explain things to your satisfaction better than Scientology. Instead let me ask why you believe God created life rather than random chance.

DeletedUser

Because random chance is bullcrap. This is far too paerfect for it to just "Happen"

Let me ask you a question.

A meatgrinder is made up of 14 parts, you put those parts in a box, and shake them toogether, how long does it take to become a meatgrinder.

The universe however was, as you say, shaken up until we came to be. And the universe is made up of abundantly more parts than imaginable.

No matter how you shake those meatgrinder parts up, you'll never get a meatgrinder.

Now false religious beliefs are perceived from the Bible, but do you not believe in "flase perception"? Many people misunderstand the Bible. And thus get false interpretations from it. I however, through years of study, have been able to get the truth from the Bible. And i hope to help others in this thread if they so want, so far however, i have not seen eye nor hair of JR, who i made this thread to combat. All i see at this moment are negative atheists. But i suppose that is a redundant statement.

But yes, Darknoon, you can ask about my religion here.

Edit: Since JR will try to pick anything i say apart, allow to rephrase this, I may not have all the answer off the top of my head, however, research can solve anything, so i will strive to answer any question asked here.

DeletedUser8950

Ok then, Blondie.
Did you know Taze Russel (founder of JW for those unsure) opposed the womens sufrage movement?
There are also accusations of him being involved in "adultery."

DeletedUser

Funny how your so-called god created light before he made the sources for said light...

Well, carry on, this thread has the potential of being highly amusing.

Edit: Holy crap! All our questions about the bible may be answered here, as Blondie has infallible wisdom on the subject through his years of study!

DeletedUser

His first name was Charles, as a matter of clarification.

You do realize that people can Lie?

He did not commit adultery against his wife. She left because she did not share his beliefs, and later, she commented that he never mistreated her. And what he did is inconsequential, you expect a religion to have a perfect human organizer? Impossible. Don't start bashing my religion, ask my beliefs if your going to do anything. what you are trying to do is bring me down in front the forum, a cowardly, and pathetic tactic for those who do not view things the same way as you do, i believe another man tried that, oh yeah, Hitler.

And don't put words in my mouth John, trying to make me look pompous, incorrect. He did not create luminaries after they shined, it said he created them, then they shined. Please learn to read before you try to contradict the Bible.

DeletedUser

Do you realize a book can lie?

Don't start bashing my religion, ask my beliefs if your going to do anything.
what you are trying to do is bring me down in front the forum, a cowardly,
and pathetic tactic for those who do not view things the same way as you do,
i believe another man tried that, oh yeah, Hitler.
Whine whine, and oh;

Goodwin wins again.

And his first name was Charles, by the way.
We still talkin' about Hitler?

And don't put words in my mouth John, trying to make me look pompous, incorrect.
I don't have to do that, you are doing a bloody fine job of it all on your own! ;)

He did not create luminaries after they shined, it said he created them, then they shined. Please learn to read before you try to contradict the Bible.
I'd say you were joking, but experience suggests you aren't.
You cited yourself that there first was made a division between day and night, then there were luminaries. How can you have the division; IE light, prior to the source of said light?
Guess god just shot a beam of light out of his arse prior to creating the stars then.

DeletedUser14029

easy, Blondie, easy. Don't get too worked up, remember we shouldn't get angry too easily :)
You're here to evangelize them. No point alienating yourself so soon, but I appreciate your work. Keep it up!

DeletedUser

Thanks Pro, however, i truly pity John above all else, i say something, he restates it backwards, and then tries to say i said it that way, and when i try to help him out, he insults me, typical for those who truly know nothing.

And you still haven't posed one of those Bible Contrdictions from that list, John.

im still waiting.

DeletedUser8950

He did not commit adultery against his wife. She left because she did not share his beliefs, and later, she commented that he never mistreated her. And what he did is inconsequential, you expect a religion to have a perfect human organizer? Impossible. Don't start bashing my religion, ask my beliefs if your going to do anything. what you are trying to do is bring me down in front the forum, a cowardly, and pathetic tactic for those who do not view things the same way as you do, i believe another man tried that, oh yeah, Hitler.

And his first name was Charles, by the way.

And don't put words in my mouth John, trying to make me look pompous, incorrect. He did not create luminaries after they shined, it said he created them, then they shined. Please learn to read before you try to contradict the Bible.
Oh lawd.
Yeah, people lie, but they also tell the truth.
I think his wife left him due to...forced celebacy and bitterness, as well as the fact women have limited rights in the JW religion-strangely, you ignored my
It IS relevant. He's the founder of you're religion. It's based off of his beliefs. The core is what he believed.
I'm not trying to bring you down at all. I'm asking a question that relates to the core beliefs of you're religon-that's 100% relevant.
I'm descended from various sources, some of whom fought for the italians in WW2, some of whom were in concentration camps. Don't acuse me of being close to Hitler, when that happens somebody is losing a debate.

DeletedUser

My religion is not based on one man's beliefs, it is based on the Bible, and i asked you to stop bashing my religion, but i figured you would do this.

So here's a tip, go change your Huggies, clean yourself up, read a little bit, stop being gullible, and get back to me.

However, Russell's wife leaving him is almost prophetic, for Jesus, said, "No one has not left father or mother...who will not recieve back a hundred-fold"

But women are cherished in our beliefs, despite your bias opinion, however since men were given dominant authority in the scriptures, thus we follow the same course that the Bible set out. But do not confuse not giving them the same authority as men, as looking down upon them. Women are in some cases glorified in the Scriptures, therefore women are given much honor.

DeletedUser8950

My religion is not based on one man's beliefs, it is based on the Bible, and i asked you to stop bashing my religion, but i figured you would do this.

So here's a tip, go change your Huggies, clean yourself up, read a little bit, stop being gullible, and get back to me.
On the topic of women: Yeah, Brownie points are a great way to hide hints of Sexisim.
"a hundred fold?" a hundred wives? Something the bible has in the earlier days. Blatant use of woman as less then Sex machines.
David actually said "Your love to me is better then love from a woman." Seriously? What about their personality?
Lulwut?
You completely ignored my point. It's based around his interpretation of the bible-I'd wager alot of his prejudices and beliefs are still in your religion.
But yeah, I'm a Nazi who crapped his nappy and is apparently gullible (the irony here is by the tankloads) by not basing his whole life around differing interpretations of the same book, so:
"I could see things were about to kick off, so I got out of there!"

DeletedUser

(( I respectfully request everyone cease with the Hitler/Nazi references, as such interposes are grossly offensive to many, and illegal in some instances within Germany, where this forum is hosted. Please also note that bashing/debating of religions is not against forum rules. ))

DeletedUser

This is just a stupid, stupid hing to debate.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to contradict evidence and provide evidence to the existance of god (unless, say, we found LIFE ON OTHER PLANETSOMG) which is why Im agnostic.

Oh, and Hellboy's right.

DeletedUser

We atheists don't have to prove the non-existence of anything.
It is he whom makes claims that bears the burden of proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.