Votes: 132 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Solo play guys have to sweat the risk of loosing everything, while this will make saving for townsfolk even more easymode. The players that is using duels for money gathering, will suffer a great deal. ****ty idea really.

Solo never has to risk losing cash to a dueler. If you're in a town, you're a moron if you lose everything by passing out on a job, at worst you lose a few hundred...who cares? It's a convenience, it doesn't increase the benefits of being in a town vs. being homeless one hundred fold as you're implying.

Congratulations on the biggest overreaction in the history of Ideas & Brainfarts.

DeletedUser

Up to 21 grumpies now, and still no intelligent argument from them. C'mon guys! Gotta be some fire under all that smoke. :)

DeletedUser

Solo play vs. town play: we hadn't discussed that, so thanks for bringing it up. Let me guess you're a solo artist? :) I'm not sure I get the fuss there, though. It changes nothing for solo players, at all. Their risk is exactly the same with or without this option, and comes only from their own actions, since they can't be dueled. They can't duel others, so they don't lose any potential money from this. Net effect on solo players: zero.

Correct, if this is actually approved, there is no effect on solo players directly. The connection you fail to understand is the fact that there is bigger "upgrades" to be made than your ability to hoard your job money safely in the shortest time. It reeks of nubness... maybe spend your skill points better so that the feared incoming duel gets won rather?

For townies, it's a small added convenience, but won't have a major impact overall; most of the time, when a townie wants to bank, they just schedule a hotel stay and bank during that. They need to sleep sometime anyway, so it doesn't change the amount of sleeping at all. The only thing it would change, most of the time, would be when the banking gets done. And yes, it would take some money off the table, but that is going to be in a minority of cases: it will mostly happen when somebody is going away from the computer for an extended period. Even then, it may not actually reduce the amount of money, because players who plan that far ahead may currently be opting to just not do any money-making jobs at such points.

You are going on the assumption that everybody are premium players and that everybody schedule a sleep after two or three 2h job sessions. The fact is that more than 50% of joined players are NOT premium players. This gives you 2x 2h job slots, where you would rather gain money than run up and down to make deposits - thus allowing duellers to cash in potentially. The depositing job idea will not be used as the sleep option is of bigger gain. Why schedule a "deposit" and then sit in town, when you can just sleep and then deposit when you log in next?

Re: duelers losing out, that's been discussed already. Perhaps you have an observation more incisive to offer, illuminating something everyone else has so far missed?

Re: handing it over to the devs... do you have a better idea for how ideas should be recommended to the devs from the player community, or are you entirely against any player community feedback of any kind?

That duellers will loose out got discussed, does not change the fact that duellers will loose out. Period. It would be a further imbalance in the already wobbeling game balance.

You are being petty now mate... you cannot dispute the fact that a 100 replies / votes on this thread is a farce. Unfortunately this is the only medium, still, as 90% of people dont even come to the forums, the medium is flawed....this all written and said.... I don't see this getting implemented, even with the nice voting buttons. Why don't you make a bit more screen prints and use the message posting tools more? Add a bit of colour to bold and italic text? Fancy it up a bit for the 100 out of 100000 people coming in here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

All of your assumptions in this post were wrong.

Correct, if this is actually approved, there is no effect on solo players directly. The connection you fail to understand is the fact that there is bigger "upgrades" to be made than your ability to hoard your job money safely in the shortest time. It reeks of nubness... maybe spend your skill points better so that the feared incoming duel gets won rather?
I'm well aware that this is not the most important change to be made, but it is (I expect) a very easy one to implement. As for skill allocations, I play 6 characters of all classes, with some nearing level 40; while other people's are higher level, I don't exactly need your advice -- but thanks anyway.

Fail #1 for you.

You are going on the assumption that everybody are premium players and that everybody schedule a sleep after two or three 2h job sessions.
I am not going on any such assumption and never have.

Fail #2 for you.

The fact is that more than 50% of joined players are NOT premium players. This gives you 2x 2h job slots, where you would rather gain money than run up and down to make deposits - thus allowing duellers to cash in potentially. The depositing job idea will not be used as the sleep option is of bigger gain. Why schedule a "deposit" and then sit in town, when you can just sleep and then deposit when you log in next?
Already discussed in this thread. I described the scenario I envisioned where this would be handy. Most times it probably would not be. An occasional benefit is enough to warrant an easy modification.

I certainly realize it would be of small value to those, such as myself, who do not pay to play, and of more benefit to those with the automation premium. So?

Fail #3 for you.

That duellers will loose out got discussed, does not change the fact that duellers will loose out.
"Lose". "Loose" = not tight.

(I won't fail you for that, but try to remember for the quiz next Friday. :p )

Period. It would be a further imbalance in the already wobbeling game balance.

How has this been determined? Again, duelers can benefit from this change as much as anyone else, as was covered in the discussion which you evidently have still failed to read.

You are being petty now mate...
Project much?? :dry:

I've answered your posts with facts and logic. You're copping an attitude. So who is being petty?

Fail #4 for you.

you cannot dispute the fact that a 100 replies / votes on this thread is a farce.
I'm not sure what your point is. 100 replies/votes on this thread is a sign that there's a fair amount of interest in discussing it. How is it a farce? Because the other 99% of players haven't opted to weigh in? Again, what would you suggest instead? Nothing?

Unfortunately this is the only medium, still, as 90% of people dont even come to the forums, the medium is flawed....
What is your point, here? Do you have one?

It seems you're assuming that this idea would be rejected if only more people would come and discuss it. Is that correct? If so, on what basis do you make such an assumption? If not, again, what is your point?

this all written and said.... I don't see this getting implemented, even with the nice voting buttons. Why don't you make a bit more screen prints and use the message posting tools more? Add a bit of colour to bold and italic text? Fancy it up a bit for the 100 out of 100000 people coming in here.
And you're saying I'm being petty? :laugh: :nowink: Fail #5 for you.

DeletedUser

First off, I would like to offer a moment of insight.

Luap, stop being biased at people with "different" views.

I (DONT) OWN ALL; you're not funny and never will be (sorry).

Oh, and Luap, one more thing-- if he's making assumptions, perhaps you could have made your idea more clear (you call it complicated, hence leaving it out) so that the 21 doubtful critics like Sojourn could better understand.

Basically, the idea itself does not "fail", it is only your explanation that lacks.

Anyone who plays this game is subject to a few crazy moments.

DeletedUser

First off, I would like to offer a moment of insight.

Luap, stop being biased at people with "different" views.
I think you may want to reread this thread, because there's no call for that being directed at me.

Oh, and Luap, one more thing-- if he's making assumptions, perhaps you could have made your idea more clear (you call it complicated, hence leaving it out) so that the 21 doubtful critics like Sojourn could better understand.
Was there a question in anything Sojourn posted? All I saw was condescension and arrogance, both based on mistaken assumptions. Maybe you could direct me to the question(s) I missed.

Basically, the idea itself does not "fail", it is only your explanation that lacks.
OK. Again, I'm happy to answer questions. The attempts by a few at explaining opposition to the idea have not come in the form of questions, and have themselves been lacking, one such poster even becoming vulgar in spitting out hostility against it. That somehow reflects on... me? :huh:

Anyone who plays this game is subject to a few crazy moments.
Fixed. ;)

DeletedUser

Laup Nor

Your replies smells of some kind of god complex. On an internet forum read by, um... 100 people. Fail.
Correcting spelling and grammer in stead of even faking to try and understand what is being said becomes you. Keep going. Here we are now, entertain us with your wit.

So the foundation of your "OMFG go bank go bank quick quick" reason is that it is easily implemented? There are a 100 other more needed "patches" just as easily implemented. Why should yours be considered first?

OH RIIIGHT. god has spoken... to his 80 odd followers on this forum.

DeletedUser3773

As sojourn says, forgetting balance issues with this proposal, there are many other ideas that would "add" more to the game and still be implemented with ease such as theTown Merchant Addition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

To use Gem's style:

[mean Diggo]

[rant]

Effect on Duellers
For non-premium players who are restricted to 2 slots chances are they will usually use the "hotel method" of depositing, but occasionally use the "automatic method" of depositing. Anyway this means some people spend less time in hotels and carry the same amount of cash on them (remembering they only have two slots), I'm not complaining.
As for premium users, they shall probably use this feature more often. Here their may be an effect, but as stated above the free users outweigh the premium users. Therefore this negative aspect could be considered "a bonus of premium".
So overall things seem to balance out nice enough.

Luap Nor
There are few people here that I would consider to have more expertise in The West than him. You may get the rare opportunity to correct him as we all make mistakes, but generally {Luap's right and your not. [Sig space]} Anyone who bags him out from this point onwards can go to Diggo Boot Camp.

Assumptions
This thread has 18 pages to it; there is no way we can cram all that into a one post summary. If you read it you would find loads of discussion over the idea, so much you would never need to assume anything. Absolutely every detail has been cross-examined, let me assure you. So either you read it the WHOLE thing then post, or keep your thoughts to yourself.

"No Votes"
Before you even vote why not read some of the thread to get an understanding of the whole concept. If you still don't like it why not point out a fault so we can improve it? (Remembering you must have bothered to read a significant amount of the thread.) There is nothing wrong with last minute changes; that could be the difference between the developers implementing it or ignoring it!

Problems
If you see a problem ask a question, don't just bag on whoever thought up the idea! It may be you at fault and mean or stupid comments aren't appreciated.

[/rant]

[/mean Diggo]

I will probably get lots of blue derepps for this statement, but it had to be said.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Keep going. Here we are now, entertain us with your wit.

I second that, Luap. Your wit often keeps me entertained. ;)

There are a 100 other more needed "patches" just as easily implemented. Why should yours be considered first?

...there are many other ideas that would "add" more to the game and still be implemented with ease...

And there is your answer, Luap. The faulty logic is the assumption that voting on this idea in some way has a bearing on the progress of other ideas. They are "prioritising" an infinite set.

DeletedUser

For the last time developers implement ideas based on merit, not player interest!

And this has merit how?
Please explain to me what obstacle is overcome by implementing this, other than giving you, the nub (collectively speaking), a method of depositing without needing to log in and do it manually?

I would be a supporter of this proposal if by using this you are loosing 10% of whatever gets deposited as payment for taking the easymode route.

Diggo11

We can pray automatically, so why not have the same for depositing cash? Besides some people actually have a life!

And having a 10% "tax" would be just like paying 4x the amount for foreign items - no-one would ever use it making the whole thing a waste of time.

DeletedUser

Laup Nor

Your replies smells of some kind of god complex.
Again, you are projecting.

On an internet forum read by, um... 100 people. Fail.
Correcting spelling and grammer in stead of even faking to try and understand what is being said becomes you. Keep going. Here we are now, entertain us with your wit.
Again, projecting. It is you who fail to understand. I've replied in substance to everything of substance you have posted, and my replies have been both on point as well as more civil than your posts. You fail to answer the substantive criticisms of your behavior which I offer and instead offer a straw man argument in suggesting that I focused only on your spelling. Sitting there in plain view is my post, which shows that your spelling wasn't even one of your 5 fails I tallied. I gave you a pass on it, since it is not relevant to the debate. But yes, I did point it out, because you did the same thing twice. (A genteel response would have been "whoops; thanks".)

So the foundation of your "OMFG go bank go bank quick quick" reason is that it is easily implemented? There are a 100 other more needed "patches" just as easily implemented. Why should yours be considered first?
It should be considered because I drew up a proposal and it received the support of the interested segment of the player community. Nobody is asking that it be considered "first" though.

Now... where's your proposal?

OH RIIIGHT. god has spoken... to his 80 odd followers on this forum.
Now you're belittling everyone here? Your irrationality is leading you beyond silly into stupid.

I suggest some deep breaths and an actual reading of this thread, followed by an apology for being an ass. I promise to accept it.

As sojourn says, forgetting balance issues with this proposal,
...a good idea, since there are none...

there are many other ideas that would "add" more to the game and still be implemented with ease such as theTown Merchant Addition.
You'll note that I've been an active participant in that discussion and am warmly supportive of that proposal.

I second that, Luap. Your wit often keeps me entertained. ;)
:)

And there is your answer, Luap. The faulty logic is the assumption that voting on this idea in some way has a bearing on the progress of other ideas. They are "prioritising" an infinite set.
Good point. Another wrong assumption is that I consider this idea more important than others simply because I proposed it, or am arguing in favor of it. I don't. If someone puts up a more important idea for debate I'll be there too. But when someone calls my idea a "****ty idea" it's hardly surprising that I respond. :laugh:

FTR, I can understand someone voting no if their rationale is simply that they'd like other things to be given more priority. If that is the basis for a no vote, I'm OK with that.

Again, too, anyone is free to propose another idea, so the only thing stopping other ideas from competing here is if their champions haven't stepped into the ring. Diggo is often helpful with mockups, and we'll all pitch in to hone the idea if it's a decent one, or can be made into a decent one. So git crackin'! :)

DeletedUser

FTR, I can understand someone voting no if their rationale is simply that they'd like other things to be given more priority. If that is the basis for a no vote, I'm OK with that.

Lol. I'm not! IMO, that is entirely irrational. Let's say someone like bartbots hideouts idea better than this one, so votes no. Both ideas go the the devs at the same time. The devs are not simply going to compare the two or prioritise based on that comparison. The first thing they will do is sort the apples and the oranges.

And anyone basing their votes on a comparison between apples and oranges instead of the merits of the propasal put in front of them, I will happily call an idiot.

The ones who voted no because of their lack of personal interest, otoh, that I can live with. At least self-interest as a motivator is not illogical.

(Incidentally, this function isn't of any use to me because I work from home, but once I understood the use for those who can't get to their computers as often as I can, I voted yes. I'm on the other side of the self-interest spectrum.)

DeletedUser

I'll agree that it isn't the best way, but consider that an idea can be proposed more than once. Perhaps an idea might get less support now and more support later, after time/updates alter the game.

This whole flap brings up another point that I argued recently: it'd be nice to be able to rate proposals according to priority rather than just a Y/N binary vote. (Elmyr observes that we have the thread rating available, which is almost good enough, but is hardly ever used. Perhaps with more use it might receive more attention.) That way, people could express their approval for all good ideas while putting more "zing" on the ideas they really are excited about. Bad ideas, of course, could be given a 0. :)

DeletedUser

And this has merit how?
Please explain to me what obstacle is overcome by implementing this, other than giving you, the nub (collectively speaking), a method of depositing without needing to log in and do it manually?

I would be a supporter of this proposal if by using this you are loosing 10% of whatever gets deposited as payment for taking the easymode route.

Ok, you can all jump on me for this but I haven't read all 18 pages of posts. I have been randomly checking this thread and have read most of the posts I believe.

I voted yes to this idea and I'll tell you why. It's not a big deal. Are there other ideas that would be more useful or benefit a larger percentage of the players? Sure. Will this affect my abilities as a dueler to win cash? Possibly. Will I use this feature? Probably.

Even if someone is using scheduled bank deposits there is a loop hole (for lack of a better word) here. For non-premium users they have 2 slots. One is for the current job they are on, the other is for scheduled bank deposit. The money they earn from the current job they are on will not be included in the bank deposit. If they don't log back into the game in a timely fashion I can still win 1/3 of that money in a duel even after they make their deposit. For premium users they could have 3 jobs lined up then the bank deposit. Same scenario applies for non-premium.

Now you may bash me all you like because I haven't read all 180 posts. If I missed a post that pointed this out I do apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.