Votes: 132 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 26.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Oops. Click to vote against, but meant to vote for it.
You and 39 other people.
icon10.gif

DeletedUser

I like the idea. It seemed ridiculous to me that you couldn't queue up things in the town. Thanks for the thought. Voted for

DeletedUser

Gem, how many more yes than no do we have to have for it to be considered?

DeletedUser

What exactly does "Added 26th Feb. No discussion." mean? And how long does it need to wait here?

DeletedUser

Have a look at the poll. When they get added, an expiry date is put in place. It says...

"This poll will close on 13-03-2009 at 10:22 AM"

DeletedUser

What about the "No discussion." bit?

IIRC, once moved in here there was to be a week of discussion only, and then voting.

To avoid people continually suggesting changes when the proposal has already been finalised.

DeletedUser

IIRC, once moved in here there was to be a week of discussion only, and then voting.

To avoid people continually suggesting changes when the proposal has already been finalised.
I remember that discussion; just wondering if there's any real restriction here. Are we on the honor system or what?

DeletedUser

All I have to say is that I like the idea. But its more beneficial to those who have the automation premium. When you energy just to do one more 2h job and then go to town, its pointless to schedule depositing. And it will make the game a little harder for duellers, but maybe then the workers will be happy.

DeletedUser

All I have to say is that I like the idea. But its more beneficial to those who have the automation premium. When you energy just to do one more 2h job and then go to town, its pointless to schedule depositing. And it will make the game a little harder for duellers, but maybe then the workers will be happy.
The premium factor has been discussed, and you're right about it, of course. But there are situations where it will be of use to non-premium users. I mentioned one earlier; here's another.

Say you're an hour east of your town and you just got done doing a lucrative job. You (the player) have just a quick few minutes to play and then must go AFK for a few hours. The next job you want to do is an hour west of your town. You have plenty of energy. What do you do?

Right now you probably just schedule a hotel stay, and do your banking and further job scheduling when you (the player) get back. With a schedulable deposit, you can set one up and then queue that other job west of town, making the most efficient use of your travel time by just stopping into town for the deposit and then heading right on by toward that next job, saving the hotel stay for later, when you actually need it.

This would result in your character actually being duelable more often, albeit with (on average) a bit less cash.

But, as has been repeatedly pointed out, these situations don't happen a lot, so the real impact would be pretty small. Most game play would be unchanged, and the effect felt by duelers would be marginal.

DeletedUser

Right, before this is sent off tonight does the proposal at the front page need to be changed?

DeletedUser

Yes, add a newer mock up - Diggo's on page 9, or yours page 10, or this one which I just made.

Attachments

• bankwin.jpg
    bankwin.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:

Diggo11

Your mock-up doesn't allow for the traditional deposit method. Don't see why you'd nee it, but some people demanded it be left there.

(My mock-up wins :D)

DeletedUser

So it would look something like this:

Bank deposits should be a schedulable task.

We propose that it should work like this:

1. You pull up your town interface, then the bank interface (just like now).

2. You enter amounts in either/both of the blanks (your own account and the town treasury).

3. You click a new single button labeled "Deposit":
bankwin.jpg

A new job appears in your job queue, called "Bank Deposit". It includes the time it will take for you to walk/ride from the prior location to your town, just like praying or sleeping in the hotel does when you schedule one of those into your queue:
jobsqueuewithdeposit.jpg

5. When that job occurs, you (automatically) walk to town and attempt to deposit the money. The depositing is handled in this order:
5a. The money is deposited into your account as you ordered, up to the capacity of your account. If, when you reach the bank and the scheduled deposit begins, you no longer have sufficient funds in pocket to deposit the amount you ordered into your account, then it will simply deposit what you do have, and that's the end of the job. If your account can no longer hold as much as you ordered deposited (note: this would be rare, but could occur under certain circumstances), then the amount deposited into your account is reduced accordingly and the surplus remains in your pocket.
5b. If any money remains in your pocket, it is deposited into the town treasury up to the amount you ordered deposited into it.
5c. Any surplus still remaining stays in your pocket.​
I think that should cover all possibilities with no unacceptable side effects.

Note: If someone duels you or you otherwise lose money between scheduling the job and the job occurring, the shortfall is taken from the town treasury deposit rather than from the deposit to your account. This is simply because working with your account is a 2-way street, while depositing into the town treasury is 1-way only. So you can always add more from your account into the treasury later, but not vice versa.

6. Other mock ups:

Attachments

• depositschedule2.jpg
    depositschedule2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 8

DeletedUser

I gotta run (AFK) right this minute but on a hasty first glance the last few posts appear to be good. I'll trust Diggo -- for now. :p

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.