Active Roleplayers and RPs

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

DeletedUser28032

Currently there are 11 named NPC's within the bunker (not including the Colonel, Sgt Harrigan and Blind Jim who aren't coming) along with 3 abandoned PC's so at a rough estimate there will be roughly around 30 people including player characters within the bunker.

DeletedUser31931

Well, as you yourself said braet, not everyone may come...

EDIT: LOOK! LOOK! I did a posting thing. I intend to do more posting things! YAY!

DeletedUser13682

I'll post in Ashes soon as I get my Internet established. Company won't make it until Saturday, weather permitting. Snowing here for past two days. Passed over 10 people wiped out and stuck on the way home tonight. Anyway, I do intend to post in Ashes and the other rps I'm up in. Hopefully Saturday.

DeletedUser31931

I love the idea of you just passing over people as you head home. Just sorta floating a couple of feet up in the air. Anyway, I hope your internet's established soon.

Apelatia

I apologise for my complete absence of posting of late folks. Busyness, combined with a lack of inspiration has been keeping me from being able to write anything... Hopefully, with CoA done, I'll be able to motivate myself to post in the other RPs, and try to get FSL off the rocks and into the stormy seas of RP drama...

DeletedUser31931

I am in a similar position to Apel, I'm now in the last week of term and so I've just got a few things to wrap up and then it's collapse into the Christmas holidays, before then pulling myself back together very quickly and spending them revising.

I shall attempt to get the forum posts that I didn't get done in my recent splurge this evening, but if not this evening then they will be done Tuesday. Honest.

EDIT: AND DONE!

DeletedUser28032

ok so who is up in what at the moment? I know I am due in Tiran, but I am kind of waiting on replies in CoA at the moment

Deleted User - 819397

I had a CoA post completely written last night, and my internet crashed the moment I tried to send it. Lost the post -_-. I'll get it back up later today.

I know I'm up in Sentinels, but beyond that I'm not sure…yay holidays messing up my knowledge of what I need to do haha.

DeletedUser28032

Mines more a case of I could post but depending on how Perry and/or Carrie react to my last post kind of determines what I write next after all if Carrie was to draw her sword...

DeletedUser13682

... my internet crashed the moment I tried to send it. Lost the post -_-...

I write all my posts in Word after that happened to me once. Even if computer crashes, I still have an autosave file I can recover from. Sure, I have to click around a bit, but I don't lose all my progress.

Mines more a case of I could post but depending on how Perry and/or Carrie react to my last post kind of determines what I write next after all if Carrie was to draw her sword...

I'm waiting to see how Perran responds and I'm still trying to figure out exactly what Carolyn will do. I see a few paths, but I'm not sure which one to take. Maybe a coin flip or thousand will help me decide.

Apelatia

Folks, I think it's time to call it a day with FSL. Unless any of you disagrees, and wants to continue with it, I think I'll lock the thread heh... It has been a good experience for me as OP, and maybe I'll try it again one day. I feel that I did fairly well to keep interest (I mean, how many people make close to 300 posts on their first RP as OP?), but I know I have a few things to work on, mainly putting in more interesting scenarios to make the RP more exciting to everyone, rather than simply my imagination heh... I did enjoy OPing though, and I'd love to hear any comments that any of you has on my style of OPing, as well as possible tips for the future. I did give myself quite a challenge with FSL, what with the weapons, abilities of the Arina and the whole 'convincing everyone to tag along' thing heh...but I feel that it was worth the effort!^^

Also, I have been lacking inspiration recently to post (As I feel a few of us have heh...), but I feel it coming back to me at long last, so I will endeavour to post more often, and with higher quality posts!

Deleted User - 819397

I'm sorry to see FSL go Apel, it was enjoyable, and I quite appreciated the concept…however, I'll agree with you that it does seem prudent to close it off at this point…too many issues to resolve in a way that makes everyone happy, sadly. I'll also agree that for a first RP it was very well done, and I look forward to seeing what you piece together in the future!

On another note, what am I up in? I'm going to go and post in Irulia as soon as I'm done posting here, but am I up in anything else, or am I actually all caught up?

DeletedUser28032

You can post in Ashes if you like. For the record I am kind of intending ashes to be a sort of Semi-sandbox kind of thing so if you want to start a conversation with another player/NPC or a sub-quest then feel free to do so.

Apelatia

I had lots of plans for FSL which involved bringing Tempa back to the trio, the real persona of the woman of the outpost (Silicea), and a political disaster which would involve Arya, as well as the main group travelling to find that plant, who I'd written about a few times... I'm loath to let it go, now that I look at my plan sheet again, but every good thing must come to an end I suppose...

Talking of good things, I really am enjoying CoA very much right now, as I'm sure the rest of you are too. I'm interested to see how Regal is going to introduce this guardian, and what their method of attack is going to be... The anticipation is exciting me!

Braet, what's happening with Sentinels, if I may ask?

DeletedUser28032

Initially I was waiting for Regal or Zem to post, now I just haven't had chance to post but yeah its still around.

Out of interest (and a touch of market research) since FSL has finished and both Sick One and Ashes are slowly dying what sort of genres / RP's are people interested in? Is there anything in particular that people really want to try out? so on and so forth

DeletedUser31931

I still have The Dead Savant lying around waiting for me to sort out Irulia. I realistically want to get to the UO in Irulia so that I can take a break for a couple of weeks and sort out some ideas that have been floating around in my head and therefore finalise all of Part 2. When I do that I'll probably be in an organised enough state to post that, so I'd be interested to see what you guys are feeling about that. For anyone who can't remember, it's a murder mystery type thing where all of the PCs have different super powers and you're trying to figure out why one of the super community has been killed.

Apelatia

I'll try to post in Ashes soon. I must admit though that I don't feel the same urge to post often in it as I do in the three other active RPs right now that I'm involved in. It's not to do with my character, but I think it's more related to the genre than anything. I can't say for certain though... That's just my gut feeling on the issue.

It seems that Fantasy is our most successful genre in this section, and consequently that's also my favourite. Perhaps we need to try something different. I've enjoyed the sci-fi RPs that we've had, but they do seem to have died away fairly quickly for whatever reason (I'm thinking of BAZ and FD here mainly...). I'm sure there are other genres open for us to explore too.

I recall our conversation earlier in this thread about it, Zem, and I'm definitely supportive of the idea. I'm also waiting for that elusive RP run by Johann heh...

Deleted User - 819397

I'd be up for another sci-fi attempt...the reason the last two died were the OP stopped being around more than lack of activity. I'm currently devoting my RP energies into CoA and another thing that I'm not ready to announce just yet, so I'll cede work on that to someone else, if they so desire to take it.

DeletedUser31931

Hmm, I have a couple of sci-fi shower thoughts more than anything that I could do, but tbh I'm focusing more on Irulia and TDS than anything else.

DeletedUser28032

Right well I am about to do something drastic with Ashes to try and get it going (kill or cure) so don't worry about that too much.
I have a sci-fi / cyber-punk idea that I've been mulling over. If people are interested I could give it a go or failing that give a brief outline of the intended plot and see if its anything people are interested in.
Zem when you say super powers are we talking men in capes and masked vigilanates in the style of DC and Marvel or are we talking military experiments like Ghosts and Genesis?