account sitting

DeletedUser

Seriously thats in the post above yours. Please try reading before repeating arguements and not countering the points raised in opposition.

And whats wrong with using the same points in an argument ?

Just because you don't like what your reading it does not make it wrong or is yours the only opinion that counts on here ?

DeletedUser

And whats wrong with using the same points in an argument ?

Just because you don't like what your reading it does not make it wrong or is yours the only opinion that counts on here ?

I didn't say theres anything wrong, just that theres something wrong when you use it without answering the points raised against it.

Where did I say it was wrong? It seems like you don't like being told you're not right from the level of responses you've given.

I like the way you dodge all the other points and try to accuse me of ignoring you when I just dissected your post.

DeletedUser

(Sorry yea it was), anyway, I can't be arsed arguing with you now when your so obviously up your own :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

(Sorry yea it was), anyway, I can't be arsed arguing with you now when your so obviously up your own Ar*e :D

Awwwwww feeling sore since you can't come up with anything so have to resort to petty little insults?

DeletedUser

Sit there and get knocked out then ,simple really and after all what do they care if they are going away for any extended time ,they have banked what ever cash they have and posted on their game forum that they trust none of their town members and will be back in what ever time frame it is .
The issue is not about getting knocked out when you are on vacation (which does not matter), but about getting your account deleted when you go on your 7 week holiday. When you have played for 6 months to a year, and lose your account because there is no vacation mode, yes, then I am for sure very positive about a vacation mode. As many people said before - not the same thing as account sitting.

DeletedUser

I didn't say theres anything wrong, just that theres something wrong when you use it without answering the points raised against it.

Where did I say it was wrong? It seems like you don't like being told you're not right from the level of responses you've given.

I like the way you dodge all the other points and try to accuse me of ignoring you when I just dissected your post.

Not sure how you claim that you dissected a post of mine when all you said was I was repeating a post above the one I had made ,but do feel free to show me .I think you must be getting confused about who is posting what as I have never claimed you where ignoring me again please feel free to show me where I have said you are

I am always happy to be to be proven wrong but just because I don't agree with you that doesn't make either of us right.

Any way this is all going way off topic so back on track

If and it must only apply to a very small percentage of players you are away from a pc for over 6 weeks then a holiday mode is a good idea and must be pretty easy to implement by the dev's

DeletedUser

If and it must only apply to a very small percentage of players you are away from a pc for over 6 weeks then a holiday mode is a good idea and must be pretty easy to implement by the dev's
Correct, but it's also of value to those who just don't want to get victimized while they know they're going to be away, and it should be available for that purpose. When you go on vacation IRL you don't leave your body at home for people to abuse, so why should the game work that way? As it is, those who spend time away from the game (and FTR I'm not in that group very much) are forced to let their dueling record go to seed. Why not allow them to protect it?

DeletedUser

The issue is not about getting knocked out when you are on vacation (which does not matter), but about getting your account deleted when you go on your 7 week holiday. When you have played for 6 months to a year, and lose your account because there is no vacation mode, yes, then I am for sure very positive about a vacation mode. As many people said before - not the same thing as account sitting.

anyone not willing to log in to a game (that can be acsessed virtually anywhere) while on a 7 week vation deserves to have it deleted .
its just that simple. hell if i can acsess Guildwars in sweeden when on vacation you can acsess the west

Did i mention this is in the ASI

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

and if your told by your better half that your on vacation with me so there will be no internet ?
hard to believe but yes i can be away from the internet that long without having to put on a white jacket with straps on the end of the sleeves

DeletedUser

if i am on vacation i don't want to log on the internet anyways or be forced to log on

going on vacation to me is no laptop

Diggo11

anyone not willing to log in to a game (that can be acsessed virtually anywhere) while on a 7 week vation deserves to have it deleted .
its just that simple. hell if i can acsess Guildwars in sweeden when on vacation you can acsess the west

Did i mention this is in the ASI
This is NOT account sitting, and it is NOT preventing account deletion!

This idea gives you protection from duels whilst the "vacation/holiday" mode is active, mainly for the use of town founders.

ASI prevents account-sitting, this is different!

DeletedUser

I've skimmed the whole thread so I know we've derailed and gone into a discussion of vacation mode.

Tbh if the developers had wanted to allow people more duel protection they would have allowed the visits to the hotel to be for extended durations, not a flat 8 hours. Most people are exposed to duelling on a daily basis because of this limit.

If people are away for an extended duration it is of no real importance to them how often they get KO'd in the meantime. Once they bank they don't lose any money, time or xp as a result. The win-loss ratio just changes a little. For anyone who is not a town founder, leaving town is an immediate fix if that one statistic is precious to you.

So we're suggesting a separate vacation mode that is only necessary for town founders who are obsessed with their duelling record and who don't trust anyone in their town to be a founder in their absence? I don't believe the devs will consider it worth the effort, although it seems at some point during the design they planned doing it judging by the icon that Diggo has found.

DeletedUser

I've skimmed the whole thread so I know we've derailed and gone into a discussion of vacation mode.

Indeed we have as account sitting is on the ASI thread and has been shown to be unworkable earlier on in this very thread.

Tbh if the developers had wanted to allow people more duel protection they would have allowed the visits to the hotel to be for extended durations, not a flat 8 hours. Most people are exposed to duelling on a daily basis because of this limit.

Everyone is exposed to dueling as you are exposed when working are you not? Everyone is able to que 2 hotel stays if they will be away for >8 but <16 hours. The whole point of the 8 hours imo is so that people can use it when they sleep IRL (avg of 8 hours a night)

If people are away for an extended duration it is of no real importance to them how often they get KO'd in the meantime.

I'd be extremely annoyed if I come back having just been KO'd as a dueler - 48 hours extra of uselessness.

Once they bank they don't lose any money, time or xp as a result.

Money - No, Exp - Possibly, Time - Possibly (See above)

The win-loss ratio just changes a little. For anyone who is not a town founder, leaving town is an immediate fix if that one statistic is precious to you.

A little? Are you serious here? If I am away for 2 weeks thats a huge number of potential duels given the only limiting factor is health.

So we're suggesting a separate vacation mode that is only necessary for town founders who are obsessed with their duelling record and who don't trust anyone in their town to be a founder in their absence? I don't believe the devs will consider it worth the effort, although it seems at some point during the design they planned doing it judging by the icon that Diggo has found.

Or its for people that don't want to be easy targets and worrying about their character for the duration of their holdiay. Yes normal people can simply leave their town and then get back in but why should they have to? Why shouldn't they implement a vacation mode? It simply makes it easier all round if you have something such as this.

DeletedUser

Everyone is exposed to dueling as you are exposed when working are you not? Everyone is able to que 2 hotel stays if they will be away for >8 but <16 hours. The whole point of the 8 hours imo is so that people can use it when they sleep IRL (avg of 8 hours a night)

Yes, thanks for agreeing with me. Everyone is vulnerable unless they're online constantly for the other 16 hours a day or doing nothing except queueing up hotel visits.

I'd be extremely annoyed if I come back having just been KO'd as a dueler - 48 hours extra of uselessness.

No more likely to be the case in the last few hours before you return from vacation than it is during the hours that TW forces you to be at risk during any normal day of playing. They want people to be available to be duelled, its a major gameplay feature.

A little? Are you serious here? If I am away for 2 weeks thats a huge number of potential duels given the only limiting factor is health.

Clearly you really care about your duel ratio. You're the first person I've encountered who does.

Yes normal people can simply leave their town and then get back in but why should they have to?

Why should they have to leave town to avoid duelling during any normal day of playing The West? Because that's the core game design. People who hate duelling can play an adventurer and never join a town. Those who choose to duel have to accept that they are putting themselves at risk and should have to take exceptional steps if they want to protect themselves from retaliation. Those steps are already built into the game.

There are already too many browser games where players make tactical use of the vacation mode to avoid the repercussions of their own actions. Logging on to find that you can do everything you want except duel for a few hours is hardly a major penalty for being away from the game. Its no more than most regular players endure for being online for only a few minutes two or three times each day to schedule a few tasks. Those with duel oriented characters are already at far less risk than anyone else because of their better duelling skills.

DeletedUser

Yes, thanks for agreeing with me. Everyone is vulnerable unless they're online constantly for the other 16 hours a day or doing nothing except queueing up hotel visits.

Way to repeat what I said. You also missed the main point inso much as your account can sleep the entire time you do if you wanted and never has to be unattended if you don't want it to.

No more likely to be the case in the last few hours before you return from vacation than it is during the hours that TW forces you to be at risk during any normal day of playing. They want people to be available to be duelled, its a major gameplay feature.

Anywhere I said it isn't? The whole point of what I said was I would be annoyed at coming back to a KO'd player after 2 weeks of not playing.

Clearly you really care about your duel ratio. You're the first person I've encountered who does.

Sorry am I only meant to care about points?

Why should they have to leave town to avoid duelling during any normal day of playing The West? Because that's the core game design. People who hate duelling can play an adventurer and never join a town. Those who choose to duel have to accept that they are putting themselves at risk and should have to take exceptional steps if they want to protect themselves from retaliation. Those steps are already built into the game.

There is a big difference between normal gameplay and going on holiday. This is not about avoiding retaliation its about having safety to go on holiday.

The easiest way is to make it so that you cannot login or be dueled for 48 hours after activating Vacation mode. That would prevent abuse of the feature.

There are already too many browser games where players make tactical use of the vacation mode to avoid the repercussions of their own actions. Logging on to find that you can do everything you want except duel for a few hours is hardly a major penalty for being away from the game.

Um, yes it can be. If you're a pure dueler then being able to do everything BUT duel is rather annoying. And see above about tactical use.

Its no more than most regular players endure for being online for only a few minutes two or three times each day to schedule a few tasks. Those with duel oriented characters are already at far less risk than anyone else because of their better duelling skills.

Again a big difference between regular play and being on holiday.

DeletedUser

anyone not willing to log in to a game (that can be acsessed virtually anywhere) while on a 7 week vacation deserves to have it deleted .
Sounds kinda harsh to me - my life doesn't work like that, even if yours do. For some of us, vacation may mean a bit more than only going to another country. Also:
Time limits are a good thing. At least a minumum of 2 days. However, the maximum should need to be fairly big. There is a very good reason for that. Some players may have a job where they may be away from an internet connection for months at a time. I'm speaking mostly of players who are members of the military or in a job that sends them to rural areas without any type of internet available. (I've played various other online games with people in the military.)
And yes, it is true that it is in the ASI list - there is however no other link to another vacation mode thread in the list yet. Hopefully when the link gets added, it will point to one of the decent threads for discussing something like vacation mode, even this thread. (or the other thread the second quote came from...)

Gem, can we link to one of these threads in the ASl list?

Diggo11

Competition between duellers in the top 50 is fierce - don't underestimate it. Going away is enough damage, let alone hundreds of KOs.