account sitting

DeletedUser199

If a player cannot login for days then he must have account sitter.

Account sitter cannot open quest, duel and skills tab.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Only if "days" = 45 days. If we can't suggest vacation mode, they aren't going to allow some kind of "official" babysitting of accounts.

DeletedUser

Unless they're going to dispatch someone to your house to check, you could just have someone else.................................... uhhhh.... you know. :p

DeletedUser

I support an in-game acount sitting mode, with retrictions ofcourse.
Something similar to what found in TW with the same restrictions applying could be good.

DeletedUser

It would get my vote ,not that it should need a vote ,account sitting should be offered as part of the game

DeletedUser

I don't see why someone would need account sitting. If you aren't going to be on for a few days then you leave your town so you can't be dueled. That's really got to be the main concern for players isn't it? Most people probably can't play for a few days to two weeks max due to vacations. You aren't really missing out on anything. Do you really want someone playing your account and allotting skill points? Are you going to leave them a detailed list about where to put skill points when they are account sitting or what gear to buy/sell, how much to donate to treasury, etc? If you really care that much about those details don't let anyone play your account.

DeletedUser

I don't see why someone would need account sitting. If you aren't going to be on for a few days then you leave your town so you can't be dueled. That's really got to be the main concern for players isn't it? Most people probably can't play for a few days to two weeks max due to vacations. You aren't really missing out on anything. Do you really want someone playing your account and allotting skill points? Are you going to leave them a detailed list about where to put skill points when they are account sitting or what gear to buy/sell, how much to donate to treasury, etc? If you really care that much about those details don't let anyone play your account.

2 weeks not playing would see me drop out of the top 10,I play to win (or at least try to)rather than just the experience :)

I can't be the only player who feels this if not why did the dev's even bother to put rank tables in to the game

Your only going to give sitting rights to a player you trust and its easy to tell them where you want the points added or not as the case may be

DeletedUser

Here's another thought. Do a forum search for "stole my town" and decide if you really want to trust someone with your actual account.

@Lorgos: You caught one I didn't! I just assumed this one wasn't in there.

DeletedUser

Here's another thought. Do a forum search for "stole my town" and decide if you really want to trust someone with your actual account.

@Lorgos: You caught one I didn't! I just assumed this one wasn't in there.

Well, you could end sitting at any time, and if whomever you trust is a right *******, well, too bad for you really.

Red Falcon

Account sitting might be good, so long as the sitter could not abuse or damage the account. I'd say that leveling up could be permitted, but not questing or anything involving that player's town, except for replying to threads on the town forum.

DeletedUser

To easy for accounts to be abused.

So they can't buy or sell anything - easy abuse otherwise.
Can't do quests, what if your char is set up to do quests?
Can't use the shaman - easy to abuse, yet could be needed.
Can't build - could easily squander the treasury.

By the time you do let them do anything is it really going to be worth it? To the guy that said he plays to win, please explain exactly how you define winning on this game since there are not set victory conditions atm.

DeletedUser

I agree. Almost all actions you can take are open to abuse if you lend your account to another person. There's no practical way they can enable account sitting without creating more work for their own service personnel who will have to double check duelling violations and answer a stream of complaint mails.

DeletedUser

Tbh, if you have a top 10 character and go on vacation for 2 weeks that really isn't anyones problem that you are going to drop in the ranks. It happens. There really is no reason to account sit in this game.

DeletedUser

I think account sitting is necessary to show that the player isnt inactive and therefore and easier target... plus it can help less educated players learn how to play because a sitter can go in and look (not change but only look) to teach them how to play better... I would think that the only thing that should be accessable to a sitter would be work... no questing no mail no building.... only work

this way a sitter can log in... set your character to work on something and deposit to the bank or treasury (deposits only) and log out... keeping them active and doing something...

then when they get back they can spend there points however they want and build whatever etc etc

thats just my opinion though

DeletedUser

I think account sitting is necessary to show that the player isnt inactive and therefore and easier target... plus it can help less educated players learn how to play because a sitter can go in and look (not change but only look) to teach them how to play better...

Not needed, simply send a print screen of stats, or export them for someone to look at, thats all you need really.

I would think that the only thing that should be accessable to a sitter would be work... no questing no mail no building.... only work

this way a sitter can log in... set your character to work on something and deposit to the bank or treasury (deposits only) and log out... keeping them active and doing something...

then when they get back they can spend there points however they want and build whatever etc etc

thats just my opinion though

What if I'm a pure quester? Jobs would be next to useless for me. Or howabout I'm the main builder of a town? Or a dueler?

I think it's not needed and would be far to hard to safely implement.

DeletedUser

I messaged support asking them some questions and this was one of them... they said that a "vacation" setting is in the works for the future... it will be interesting to see how they will set that up

and you definetly have some valid points that i can see... it would just be nice to "legally" be able to log into a friends account to help them out when its needed... but I certainly understand the issue of keeping accounts safe from those that would negatively take advantage

DeletedUser

Vacation setting would be nice. Only option anyone has at this point is to leave town. Effective but still sucks due to the time penalty for rejoining each time you do that.

DeletedUser

this idea would be a major headache
now the vacation mode that i can see
how about a vacation mode that when activated you are in this mode until you log back on
the qualifications would be
you must be level 20 or higher
you cannot go into vacation mode if you have the only founder hat in your town
you cannot log in for at least 3 days

DeletedUser

this idea would be a major headache
now the vacation mode that i can see
how about a vacation mode that when activated you are in this mode until you log back on
the qualifications would be
you must be level 20 or higher
you cannot go into vacation mode if you have the only founder hat in your town
you cannot log in for at least 3 days

qft.

Account sitting is extremely rare in games, as it should be. People play a game that has some bizarre feature like account sitting and thinks all games should have it. Back in the day, games, if anything, had rules specifically forbidding babysitting. Vacation mode is a much more reasonable option.