DeletedUser

People making crap up to sell books. It's not what I think, it's what I know. ciao

DeletedUser14280

I read the thing about 2012 quite a while before the whole ruckus started.
I think it was in a horrible histories book.

When's the earliest all of you heard/read about it?

DeletedUser

I feel it is another attempt by the Media and those who pull the medias strings to get more money out of those who can not think for themselves. My personal belief is it will just be the dawn of a new age, nothing fancy, other than the riots that will certainly be going on from the fear designed by the medias propoganda.

DeletedUser

2012 is merely the end of a specific part of the Mayan calendar (the 13th b'ak'tun). These parts equates to roughly 395 years. But what most people do not tell you is that the Mayan calendar then starts with the 14th b'ak'tun. So it is not the final end of their calendar.

Think of it as similar to a very special new years day, like 1st Jan 2000. The start of a new millennium. (Even though the new millennium actually started on 1st Jan 2001).

It is all just interesting numbers. Ways to calculate events in time. As with leap years.

You believe that every 4 years is a leap year? Not so.
Every 4 years is a leap year, expect for every 100 years when it is not, except for every 400 years when it is. (If you can make sense of that :) )
To put it simply: Year 4 was a leap year, so was 8, 12 etc. Year 100 was not. 104, 108 etc was, but 200 not. Go on like that and when you get to 400 you think it is not, but now it is. 500 again is not. 800 is. 1000 was not, but the year 2000 was.

The next leap year that will not be a leap year will be 2100.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There is a supposed fuss about 2012, but I have never heard, seen or met anyone that actually believes it. I can't really say people who think the world will end in 2012 are dumb, simply because I am not aware of such people.

DeletedUser

I thought the world was going to end when the Soviets start a nuclear war, or when Y2K hit, the world will never end. but if it did, I look forward to putting my football pads covered in spikes on, and driving across the wastelands being chased by bandits

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
The world will almost certainly not end in 2012, just the entire human race. Our infrasturasture wont last long without us, in a few million years there will be more intelligent races on earth, like us and the one's that came before. I doubt they will ever find fossil evidence, it's nearly impossible fossilized, there's no chance they'll be dug up.

Take my word for it, I'm err... level 9000+ free mason :)

Also, why is NASA on your list?

DeletedUser

if the human race doesnt end in 2012, these will be my worlds:

"ha ha"

take a note

Deleted User - 819397

I say that it's a pure hoax...there's a certain group of people who pick a day every year where the world is supposed to end...this one just has a bit of extra superstition around it.

DeletedUser

the Mayan calender is circle, and it STARTS OVER on december 21 2012, not end. And if the mayans are so smart howcome they didn't see the Spanish coming. Though a zombie apocalypse would be fun, for a little while atleast

DeletedUser13682

Of course, I could prove to everybody that all my bragging about surviving the zombie apocalypse isn't just empty words, but will any apocalypse, or The Apocalypse happen in 2012? Probably not. People have been predicting the end of days since before Jesus died. Predicting the end of days has gone in and out of fashion over the centuries. Everyone thought the world would end in 1,000, then 1,033, then when Joan of Arc came to the scene, then when France briefly invaded Italy, and a lot more predictions later, at the end of the 18th century, the end of the 19th century, the end of the 20th century, September 2001, and now 2012. All of these dates were 'confirmed' by wars, rumor of wars, disease and natural disasters on an unpresidented scale, and all the other signs of the Apocalypse, as said by John in the book of Revelation. People have been seeing the end signs since they were written down and read out loud. Why would this date be any different than any of the other dates?

Deleted User - 819397

Of course, I could prove to everybody that all my bragging about surviving the zombie apocalypse isn't just empty words, but will any apocalypse, or The Apocalypse happen in 2012? Probably not. People have been predicting the end of days since before Jesus died. Predicting the end of days has gone in and out of fashion over the centuries. Everyone thought the world would end in 1,000, then 1,033, then when Joan of Arc came to the scene, then when France briefly invaded Italy, and a lot more predictions later, at the end of the 18th century, the end of the 19th century, the end of the 20th century, September 2001, and now 2012. All of these dates were 'confirmed' by wars, rumor of wars, disease and natural disasters on an unpresidented scale, and all the other signs of the Apocalypse, as said by John in the book of Revelation. People have been seeing the end signs since they were written down and read out loud. Why would this date be any different than any of the other dates?

Exactly...we won't know until it happens...and speculating won't change that. We need to just realize we aren't meant to know, and live our lives out. Causing fear isn't going to help anyone.

DeletedUser

2012 will just be another year where the world will see how strong our trust in each other are, will we all join for prayer in fear of the worst? or will we break out in riots to insure the possible final days are our best, or will we just see it as another day, and hope the next one still is waiting for us, that the sun will rise and we will be safe in our beds when it does, I honestlly don't belive it, but I do know my black book says the world will end someday, that I belive, the world ending in 2012, I don't belive, do I judge those who do? certainlly not.

DeletedUser

I think it's all just a bunch of crap made up so you can scare the **** out of some poor dummy, and make money by making movies about it. Also, i believe NASA said the sun might blast off a solar flare, scorching the the earth into oblivion. Plus, who cares if it is the end? If you've lived your life to the fullest, you have nothing to lose. Also, yes there is something to fear, But almost every religion believes in an afterlife. So why all the fretting? Because some hotshot archeologist thought he found how the world was going to end. Yes, the world may end tomorrow, but nobody can ever predict when the world will end. It's impossible.

DeletedUser

Personally I think that the world will end on Janurary 16th 2010, but that's just me...

DeletedUser

I'm not going to change anything for that day, I'm just going to celebrate that winter solstice (DEC 21 is winter solstice BTW) like I always do, by sacrificing virgins to the sun god, then play Xbox or something. Although it would be ironic if the world ends while I'm playing a post apocalyptic game....

DeletedUser

By the way teh train robber, January 16th has already passed. Too bad.

DeletedUser

I still have 17 Minutes left in texas, But for some people it's tomorrow.