1.25 guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Come on Squirly, I'm awaiting your answer. I really do want to know how it can be done. Please do tell. It will free me from this place. :ph34r:

You are now free and won't be missed. Fare the well.

DeletedUser

Ok, I shall indulge you. Ingame awards can be found here http://www.weststats.com/Awards/ but even if you don't ever go there in your life you will earn the ingame awards for doing things ingame.

A reasonable interpretation of rmp's post is that once you have earned that award then you might get that weapon. This could happen without any forum interaction at all. How exactly did you interpret his post?

That is true, we created this item as a prize for players in the Fort Fighter Category. It was inadvertently made droppable. Therefore as the cat is out of the bag we will be creating a better item instead! This one will remain a rare but obtainable item in the game.

How exactly did you interpret this?

ps - what kind of link is that? medals! duh

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Don't you see you are exaggerating Bendos?
Is not like they intentionally do this behind people's backs and then laugh hahaha we are so sneaky and evil. It is a beautiful thing that they are rewarding the players that are interested in the game and do their best. Also, I do think that people that don't want to check the forum do not deserve any award. To me is like they are saying NO to these competitions.
They were all given the chance to "taste" the forum, numerous times. Examples? Sure: when an announcement popped up in the game for everybody to vote the dueling formula change. Other: titles on the log in page with links to the threads. Most important announcement are posted there and I remember that even the sig competitions were posted there, so I do believe that everybody was announced about the new monthly competitions. Is their choice not to bother with the forum, so why should they be awarded?

DeletedUser

That is true, we created this item as a prize for players in the Fort Fighter Category. It was inadvertently made droppable. Therefore as the cat is out of the bag we will be creating a better item instead! This one will remain a rare but obtainable item in the game.

How exactly did you interpret this?

ps - what kind of link is that? medals! duh

I forget I am typing to an imbec... n/m. You get awards for ingame actions, right? These awards are called medals. The list of awards/medals can be seen at the link posted. Regardless of the link, the awards/medals will be given INGAME once you achieve them. NO NEED FOR FORUM PARTICIPATION. Are you with me so far or do you need an adult present to help you comprehend?

Now think of quests that require A before B. You have to do A and a flag is ticked therefore you can now do B. In this case you have to earned an award/medal in the "Fort Fighter Category" to be eligible (flag A ticked) for the prize (B) to be available for dropping. He admitted that a mistake was made and this was a random drop (no A flag ticked) and would now make another gun to meet the requirements intended.

Again, enjoy your time outside the forums as they are clearly just a source of frustration and headaches for you.

DeletedUser

I forget I am typing to an imbec... n/m. You get awards for ingame actions, right? These awards are called medals.

Yes medals, not weapons.

The list of awards/medals can be seen at the link posted. Regardless of the link, the awards/medals will be given INGAME once you achieve them. NO NEED FOR FORUM PARTICIPATION. Are you with me so far or do you need an adult present to help you comprehend?

Now think of quests that require A before B. You have to do A and a flag is ticked therefore you can now do B. In this case you have to earned an award/medal in the "Fort Fighter Category" to be eligible (flag A ticked) for the prize (B) to be available for dropping. He admitted that a mistake was made and this was a random drop (no A flag ticked) and would now make another gun to meet the requirements intended.

Again, enjoy your time outside the forums as they are clearly just a source of frustration and headaches for you.

Like I said, I don't know of any quest that involves getting a fort weapon as a reward and I think you are confusing medals and forum competition prizes.

I may be wrong but I have no evidence of such. Please PROVE me wrong and I'll admit my mistake.

Come on Squirly, you know so much after all.

DeletedUser

Yes medals, not weapons.

Like I said, I don't know of any quest that involves getting a fort weapon as a reward and I think you are confusing medals and forum competition prizes.

I may be wrong but I have no evidence of such. Please PROVE me wrong and I'll admit my mistake.

Ok, find a category of forum competitions described as fort fighter. There is already a category for awards/medals named thusly. I too allow that I may be wrong in my interpretation of rmp's post though I clearly have more facts to back up my supposition than you do.

DeletedUser

A reasonable interpretation of rmp's post is that once you have earned that award then you might get that weapon. This could happen without any forum interaction at all. How exactly did you interpret his post?
Squirly, this is for you:
Competitions February '10

Fort Fighter Category: (Beginners)
In this category participants must achieve the highest total number of hits in a single battle. Only characters below level 30 are eligible to win this category! They must still be below level thirty at the end of the competition to get the prize.

At the end of the month we shall take entries; entries close at the end of the month. An entry shall have the details in text as well as with a link pointing to the fort battle report for verification (this can be done by going to the fort's graveyard, right clicking the battle link and selecting "copy link location"). The prize for this category shall be 5 premium nuggets and a unique item! There will be a prize for best attacker and best defender

Especially those in red.

To Bendos: I agree that everyone should have the chance and at least should be aware of the fact that we have competition. However, choosing not to join the forum is their choice, and this is not a penalty, but rather a lack of advertisement from the game. Btw, yours was the link to the competition from December 2009 :laugh:

DeletedUser

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=30264

Do it in private Squirly - I will forgive but not forget.

Ok, I appologize. I was not aware of that competition and was incorrect in my interpretations of rmp's post however reasonable it may have been. Why you didn't pull this out earlier is beyond me though and the fact that you know about this shows you read the forums in more detail than even I do so why are you complaining exactly?

DeletedUser

Ok, I appologize. I was not aware of that competition and was incorrect in my interpretations of rmp's post however reasonable it may have been. Why you didn't pull this out earlier is beyond me though and the fact that you know about this shows you read the forums in more detail than even I do so why are you complaining exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendos
So you are discriminating against players that don't check the forum then! How interesting.

He said Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmanphill
That is true, we created this item as a prize for players in the Fort Fighter Category.

That is an award given ingame. Where exactly does forum reading come into play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendos
But you cannot penalise someone for not joining a forum without telling them that they will be penalised for not joining the forum.

Actually, they can do whatever they want as it is their game and forum. But that's not what's happening. This reality only exists in your tiny imagination.

I can't do much more can I?
You personalised quite quickly. Shame, as I don't think I provoked you to do so.
Anyway, good night and I hope you learn some humility tomorrow. The measure of a man is admitting his mistakes. QUOTE - me

DeletedUser

Anyway, good night and I hope you learn some humility tomorrow. The measure of a man is admitting his mistakes. QUOTE - me

Please see my above post for such an addmission. You want more somehow?

PS: And I realize now that this "
Perhaps you should keep your wisecracks to yourself.
" wasn't personal at all. Just a generalization when I tried to help.

DeletedUser

Oh the drama... take it to private messages - most of the rest of us don't care to read through your little squabble.

Back on topic:)

First of all let me say that despite some of the negative things I've said about the "roadmap", I'm happy to see how hard the development team is working to make this game better - there's a lot to look forward to!

There are (in my opinion) some things that don't make a lot of sense though, this being one of them:
...we created this item as a prize for players in the Fort Fighter Category...
prizev.jpg

In order to get the top fort fighter prize one would most likely own the top fort weapon, right? Compare the two:

precisewinchester.jpg

It makes me think that the only reason someone would want this would be to show it off, show pride in your accomplishment right? It's certainly not going to replace your precise winchester as your fort weapon.

It's my impression that one of the goals of 1.25 is to drain money from the servers, and one thing that would need to happen would be downsizing the collectors' inventories. This "prize" seems counter-productive. If the winner gets something that they're not going to use in the battle, give them an uber-fort-fighter medal. Or better yet, give them a gun that's at least equal to the best they can buy on their own.

DeletedUser

How many more threads am I going to find this fight in?

The contests have been announced on the front page, though not every month. IIRC the first month's contests were announced in an in-game announcement. (omg biased against people who don't read in-game announcements! omg biased against people who don't play!)

@Lobo: the prize is for a "beginners", i.e. low-level, fort fighter contest.

Edit: They might actually be announced on the main page every month, but there have been a lot of announcements lately and I can't recall ATM if they're announced every month. It's been a long day.

DeletedUser

And I don't expect to see a high level version for a high level contest, like a level 80 named Winchester.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't expect that, the precise winchester is more than enough already.

I guess what I was trying to suggest would be a top level reward for fort fighting that does equal damage to it, but looks different. It wouldn't give any advantage, but it would give bragging rights... this isn't the right place for that suggestion, is it?

DeletedUser

How many more threads am I going to find this fight in?

The contests have been announced on the front page, though not every month. IIRC the first month's contests were announced in an in-game announcement. (omg biased against people who don't read in-game announcements! omg biased against people who don't play!)

@Lobo: the prize is for a "beginners", i.e. low-level, fort fighter contest.

Edit: They might actually be announced on the main page every month, but there have been a lot of announcements lately and I can't recall ATM if they're announced every month. It's been a long day.

Ah OK. Tell me how you enter the competition please.

DeletedUser

Bendos,
In this case you do not , as you claim, get penalized for staying away from the forum, you get rewarded signing up to it. There is a vast difference. Anything that encourages players to come here is a good thing.

Also, the fort-gun in question is of such low damage that it will not matter the slightest whether you have it or not. There are plenty of other fort guns that are far better than this one.

Besides all of the above, only the winner of the competition will get the item. If anything, that would be discriminating against all other forum readers and competition runners that do not get the item.. ;)

DeletedUser

Well Saint, it is a pretty average gun at the moment, but what next?
Keeping the competition reward as some nuggets would be best I feel.
A unique item shouldn't be obtained in this way IMO. Sheez, it's hard to come by these items as it is!

Also, I wonder how long it will be before you can buy unique weapons/clothing etc. with real-life money?
That would be an incentive to spend money wouldn't it.

DeletedUser

Now you can stop complaining. Me and Elmyr already told you that they announced the competitions on the log in page but that didn't count for you. Now they got it in game. When I logged in right now a window with announcements popped up. Satisfied?
I really hope you will stop this useless rant right now. What annoys me is that you plead for the ones that don't get on the forums, while in fact you don't give a rotten egg about them, all you care about is picking up on the devs.

Status
Not open for further replies.