1.25 guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Now you can stop complaining. Me and Elmyr already told you that they announced the competitions on the log in page but that didn't count for you. Now they got it in game. When I logged in right now a window with announcements popped up. Satisfied?
I really hope you will stop this useless rant right now. What annoys me is that you plead for the ones that don't get on the forums, while in fact you don't give a rotten egg about them, all you care about is picking up on the devs.

Do you have any other super powers along with mind-reading? :p

Actually my point (I leave the ranting to you) was that the competition system is unbalanced. Giving away potential game-changing items in this way is unfair. For example, as a high-level nomadic adventurer and lousy wordsmith, I have no chance this month. This point has been made by others as well. The competitions are always going discriminate against a large number of players. Whilst it is tollerable to have nuggets given away (I don't mind helping those who can't afford to buy nuggets), I see it as unfair to give away unique items. If you can explain to me how it isn't unfair, I will of course change my position. I am not so stubborn that I won't admit defeat in an argument.

PS. I don't know how to do screenshots either so I couldn't enter even if I wanted too. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Argument does not mean insult in any dictionary. So unless you leave stuff like "Do you have any other super powers along with mind-reading?" out, I will not debate with you any longer.
It is completely fair. Each month the categories differ. It allows duelers, fort fighters, role players, collectors and so on to win at least one contest. If in January the fort fight category was mostly addressed to high levels, this month it is addressed to lower levels. Each class will be given the chance to win. These contests are not just for players that stay in a town and can duel or battle. Please take a look at January contests and see what I mean. Competitions are not over yet. Suggestions are accepted. If you personally feel that you couldn't compete in any category yet, then propose one that you are good at, nobody is stopping you.
As for the ones that don't check the forum, well is completely their choice. Not only that the competitions were announced on the log in page, now they were announced in the game also, available for each player to read. Nobody can force them to join the forum and if they are not interested, nobody should drop those unique items into their lap for doing nothing.

Edit (re to your PS): that is easy to learn. Want me to tell you how? Ok. You have a button on your keyboard (whether is PC or laptop) on which it says "Print Screen", "Prt SC", or other abbreviations. You click on it (for laptop on FN and it) and then go to PAINT. Any windows has paint. In paint press ctrl+v (paste) and save (when you save after you give it a title, right under the area for title there is an area for extension, try to chose jpg as paint usually saves it at bmp and it will be pretty big, saves some space and makes it easier to upload). Voila, there's your print screen.
Now, to upload it on a site, go to www.imageshack.com, upload the print screen there and give the link in PM to the mod that collects them for competitions. Hard? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

As for the ones that don't check the forum, well is completely their choice. Not only that the competitions were announced on the log in page, now they were announced in the game also, available for each player to read. Nobody can force them to join the forum and if they are not interested, nobody should drop those unique items into their lap for doing nothing.

Playing the game in whichever style a player chooses is not doing nothing. I am unaware that anyone is suggesting that you get unique items for doing nothing. They will be robbing settlers etc. hour after hour in order to try and get these goodies. The competition system is fine if that's what you want to do but it will always be unfair unless you have a myriad of categories each month. It would then become unworkable. Far easier to just not give away unique objects in this manner IMO.

These contests are not just for players that stay in a town and can duel or battle. Please take a look at January contests and see what I mean.
Another month where I would have no chance as a higher level player able to do a high-luck job would win that. Would that have been fair for the fledgling adventurer/builder? You would of course then have to run the competition for below level 30 players etc. but then what of the level 31 adventurer? I can't see how you make this a fair system. If it is just for nuggets then fine. Penalising some playing-styles is not good. An adventurer trying hard to get a walking stick or rare weapon etc. would be miffed if a fort-fighter or dueller got it without having to do all those tedious hours on jobs.

DeletedUser

Well, getting on the forum and giving your print screen to a mod means doing something. So if they are not interested in the competitions and don't get on the forum, then they do not deserve unique items.
I rather see these unique items given in-game instead of AP, as it used to be.
And you don't need more than a few categories each month, because they are mostly different, addressed to other players, different from the ones that competed in the previous month. We don't need 30 players getting unique items every month, but a few of them each month, thus allowing different players each month to get one.

DeletedUser

Do you have any other super powers along with mind-reading? :p

Actually my point (I leave the ranting to you) was that the competition system is unbalanced. Giving away potential game-changing items in this way is unfair.

It's a level 30 fort weapon! If it was a dueling weapon I might agree with you because you could go zero motivation and dominate indefinitely. With fort battles it is not possible to artificially keep your level low. The more damage you do, the more XP you get, the faster the level, the less useful the gun becomes.

Re the original topic: resolved. There are no 1.25 guns, just one gun.

Quit arguing for the sake of arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.