The Brain Farts - Brainstorm of ideas here

• Thread starter Deleted User - 1278415
  • Start date

DeletedUser22685

Even more reasons why it's more of an exploit than a feature. It hasn't always been like that, when exactly it was changed I'm not sure but if it was intentional, it shouldn't have happened.

DeletedUser

Even more reasons why it's more of an exploit than a feature. It hasn't always been like that, when exactly it was changed I'm not sure but if it was intentional, it shouldn't have happened.

Job KOs have always given duel protection.

DeletedUser

I have a proposal - eliminate all zero motivation. It's simple. Make the minimum motivation ONE. Make every dueler gain SOMETHING from every duel. They will move up - although very slowly. They will advance. Since they duel continuously they will rise continuously. Think about this ... in real life, wouldn't a person that duels EVERYDAY have a crazy famous notorious reputation? Sure, they would quickly rise through the dueling ranks. I'm simply proposing that they continue to rise, not stagnate. This seems to me to be the most fair and reasonable solution to this problem in this great game.

DeletedUser

I have a proposal - eliminate all zero motivation. It's simple. Make the minimum motivation ONE. Make every dueler gain SOMETHING from every duel. They will move up - although very slowly. They will advance. Since they duel continuously they will rise continuously. Think about this ... in real life, wouldn't a person that duels EVERYDAY have a crazy famous notorious reputation? Sure, they would quickly rise through the dueling ranks. I'm simply proposing that they continue to rise, not stagnate. This seems to me to be the most fair and reasonable solution to this problem in this great game.

How many duel have you ever done? If you were a dueler, you would realize what a stupid suggestion that is.

How about we stop receiving product drops when we reach zero motivation on a job too. That will kill crafting and farming products for the market just as quickly as you want to kill dueling. 0% motivation on a job prevents exp so why can't 0% motivation on dueling also stop getting exp? You are effectively trying to unbalance the scale that is already skewing away from duelers.

Why don't we have fort fighting motivation while we are at it. The more fort fights you go to, the less bonds you get... surely, your motivation will drop the better and more experienced you get?

DeletedUser

"How many duel have you ever done? If you were a dueler, you would realize what a stupid suggestion that is.

How about we stop receiving product drops when we reach zero motivation on a job too. That will kill crafting and farming products for the market just as quickly as you want to kill dueling. 0% motivation on a job prevents exp so why can't 0% motivation on dueling also stop getting exp? You are effectively trying to unbalance the scale that is already skewing away from duelers.

Why don't we have fort fighting motivation while we are at it. The more fort fights you go to, the less bonds you get... surely, your motivation will drop the better and more experienced you get?
"

I respectfully disagree. I am talking about ONE point per winning duel vice zero points per winning duel. I submit that I'm not trying to unbalance anything. Rather, I am trying to help achieve a balance in a not quite perfectly constructed world. Still have issue with my submission? Please re-read it. I submit that we should eliminate ALL zero motivation - that includes jobs as well. Yes, if you work for 5 minutes I think you should gain a single point of experience at a minimum.
I look forward to any respectful replies.

DeletedUser34315

"How many duel have you ever done? If you were a dueler, you would realize what a stupid suggestion that is.

"

I respectfully disagree. I am talking about ONE point per winning duel vice zero points per winning duel. I submit that I'm not trying to unbalance anything. Rather, I am trying to help achieve a balance in a not quite perfectly constructed world. Still have issue with my submission? Please re-read it. I submit that we should eliminate ALL zero motivation - that includes jobs as well. Yes, if you work for 5 minutes I think you should gain a single point of experience at a minimum.
I look forward to any respectful replies.

I like 0 mot. dueling, and think it's a perfectly reasonable tactic. One point per duel adds up very, very fast.

Deleted User - 1278415

How about proposing a new idea for the "collectors chest" granted it will be expensive store chest, but it scans your current inventory and gives you an item that isn't already in your inventory. It might be a gray item or it might be as rare as rudolph.

Too often I get my hopes up on getting a steel lined box to get yet another frank butlers shorts. I'm sure Frank is bound to be noticing his shorts are missing by now... I would love to sell them back to him.

DeletedUser

And if I already have everything? What would it drop then?
Then the important thing is you have a collector's chest. ;)

It would have to be expensive. It would almost be better than a premium chest, assuming you're smart enough to get all unnamed gear and all common named gear before opening one. I assume premium-chest-only gear wouldn't drop. On w15 for me, that would mean a guaranteed Wyatt's.

Hmmm...exploit! exploit!

If you have everything, you can keep selling one item ad nauseum and buying a chest to replace it and sell it again, or sell something else.

DeletedUser

So just spam Howdahs/GT/WT belt/Innobelt.
Too good of a chest. I wouldn't be for it

DeletedUser22493

Might as well have called it Pandoras box.. Well, im against it. It's too easily abusable.

fortfighter1

:)Bad idea, too open to abuse by people that have most items like me. And i am happy to see zero motivation dueler stay the same as it is a incentive to rise to a higher level so they cannot duel you as most zero motivation duelers like to stay at a low level

DeletedUser15641

Could you guys remake the maneuver idea?

Meh, once you don't connect, your out of the maneuver but before 2.0 it was easier to refresh, now its too complex or you simply cannot refresh the maneuver connection.

DeletedUser

Zero mot duelers like zero mot duelers and no one else does, period. Change the value to one vice zero and add a lot of value to the game or just leave it where it stands ... W1 population on 10Dec2012, 4286 players. W1 population on 08Mar2013, 3224 players. Seriously, do you think you are succeeding or failing?

DeletedUser

Zero mot duelers like zero mot duelers and no one else does, period. Change the value to one vice zero and add a lot of value to the game or just leave it where it stands ... W1 population on 10Dec2012, 4286 players. W1 population on 08Mar2013, 3224 players. Seriously, do you think you are succeeding or failing?

Because...there were no zero mot duelers before December 2012? I could find an older one, but here's a thread where it was old in March 2010: you should get at least 1 exp point for every duel won.... Blaming any recent decline on zero mot dueling is ridiculous.

DeletedUser

Oh make no mistake, I'm not just blaming dueling. I could blame MANY aspects of this game. However, I think it best to focus on one simple area at a time. But just for a moment, let's suppose you have a point ... do you think we are better off stagnating into this state of decline or simply changing the system for the better?

DeletedUser22685

Changing it for the better according to you.

If someone camps you all day and gets 100 exp every time, why is that less annoying than someone who camps you all day and gets 0 exp every time? He'll move out of your range and another one will come along.

Eradicating 0 mot duellers will cause more people to quit than it will retain. You obviously haven't had a dueller with a high duelling level, because it's not very fun at all. If people want to make the game fun for them for as long as possible by keeping their motivation low and their targets plentiful as opposed to raising their duel level sky high, running out of targets and quitting, I'd say that helps the game more than it hinders it.