West 2.0 discussion

DeletedUser

Has anybody figured out how to change between generic chat rooms? You are supposed to be able to have multiple opened in different tabs?

DeletedUser34781

Still noone has worked out a way to switch rooms. I can't believe there is no social aspect to this game anymore.

Thats not a hard thing to do...the town is one tab and alliance other after you click them from botton left corner.Or have i totally not understood what you mean :)

Granted the highlighted tab and inactive ones can be confusing by not seeing which one your active in..but i click tab everytime i need to type to be sure i dont type in wrong area...

DeletedUser

I am referring to switching say from Room 2 to Room 4 in Dakota. The generic rooms have nothing to do with the location on map like the county chats used to.

DeletedUser

Improved job system
Each job has a fix job time ranging from 15 seconds up to 2 hours to serve both active players and those who want to play more relaxed.
Probably just my slow understanding again, but how does the new job system improve it for those who "want to play more relaxed"? I don't have a choice now, previously I had a choice. How is this improved?

DeletedUser22493

Last I heard, this was not possible because the system couldn't handle the load.

DeletedUser34781

Has anybody figured out how to change between generic chat rooms? You are supposed to be able to have multiple opened in different tabs?

Its all random based on what time you log i was told and cant switch

DeletedUser

Bah, instructions need to be changed. I'm doing the Charlie quest, and before the update I had progressed to the robbing banks part. It used to be 4 hours, wich could be achieved with one instruction. Now the job is 5 minutes and is required to be done 12 times for the quest. This means I now need to buy 3 instructions.

DeletedUser

I agree, with the job system. I can't sit here whole 8 hours, just to deplete my energy on doing one job or the other.

DeletedUser

Positive feedback!
where to begin....

• Ability to create your own chat room & password it is very useful
  • Map Animation is great, a massive improvement
  • Friends coming On/Off line Notifications are a LOT better
  • The introduction quests a much easier to follow
  • I like the new chat & the ability to move it around
  • The world chat's are better than just county, more people to chat to
  • Alliance overview is much more detailed & a lot better
  • The chat topics now stay at the top which is good
  • I like the job times, better this way.

& finally... smilies... smilies everywhere :)
Thats all i can think of for now, 2.0 is just great.

DeletedUser15699

2100 cotton 2100 rolls of cloth for barracks. Lets leave the others out cause i will get sick. Developers must have counted on us buying products with gold. TY INNO

DeletedUser

I've been playing virtually daily for over 2 years and this release looks to me all about bells and whistles and change for change's sake without adding anything to the game. New players may like it but I'm not interested in figuring out all this white noise. Without tw-db the game is broken anyway.
Time to hang up my spurs, hit "Delete Account" and do something more worthwhile with my life.
Good luck to all of you who stick with it though.

DeletedUser33353

LOL.......Helen, I do miss your sense of humor.
OK, after playing with update for 24 hours, chat sux, job time suck, map is nice(though hard for me to navigate), fort requirements are a joke. Gonna hit a battle tonight to see if it will be as bad as I think it is.....oh, and market fees are way too high....just my opinion. And on a closing note, Halloween quest is still buggy.

DeletedUser

Well I've given it a try and the only conclusion I can come to is it sucks, big time.

Who in their right mind wants to click on a job every 2 minutes for 20 times plus? Who in their right mind thought is was a good idea to implement into the game?
I assume most people have a life to live and don't sit at the computer 24/7.

Inno, you've messed up on a massive scale, goodbye all.

DeletedUser

Well according to Elmyr it was the hero of the west achievement title you got.

But hey it was bugged and everyone was rewarded because its just a title.

That was just speculation. I thought we were supposed to get an achievement for fort ownership and that was the only one we got. I assumed it was bugged because everyone got it. I'm sure others assumed it was bugged because we only got the one achievement.

Without tw-db the game is broken anyway.

TW-DB works fine for me, and it is updated. I just have one world where clothcalc isn't working, and I'm hoping there's a simple fix that I'll have when I make it to their forum thread when I'm done with Saloon and Quests.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This thing with fixed job time sucks, every thing else is good but, if I want for ex coal I have to sit at the computer 24/7. I HAVE A LIFE TO outside this game.

PLease fix this or I have to find an other game to play.

This game was fun to play but now...... I am on vacation mode now and let se what happens. I think its goodbey to this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm sure you're right Elmyr, but it still shows v 1.36 to me with the same rates of pay/exp on jobs and the quests are the old ones with questgivers on the old-style map.
I used to know all the nearby towns by name and how far away my jobs were and I just don't feel like starting over.

DeletedUser34464

I'm sure you're right Elmyr, but it still shows v 1.36 to me with the same rates of pay/exp on jobs and the quests are the old ones with questgivers on the old-style map.
I used to know all the nearby towns by name and how far away my jobs were and I just don't feel like starting over.

Check at the top left of the screen at the tw-db.info.(next to the cowboy) there's a switch you can throw to toggle between 1.36 and 2.0

DeletedUser

One change that just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me is being unable to copy and paste most things. I really don't see the point of having to use Firebug just to copy and paste some text. A userscript to disable whatever is blocking highlighting text to copy would be nice.

DeletedUser16008

One change that just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to me is being unable to copy and paste most things. I really don't see the point of having to use Firebug just to copy and paste some text. A userscript to disable whatever is blocking highlighting text to copy would be nice.

Yea most infuriating