Update 1.33

DeletedUser20647

Nah.
Assuming you have 1 million in your pocket, you buy some expensive items from shops and sell them to NPC trader. In the end you've made 500.000$ from him. But, well, you now have 500.000$ to buy items from shops and earn additional 250.000$ from NPC trader which will be total of 750.000$ from NPC trader. And it goes step by step every time half the previous step. Till you get 1 million?
Of course not. That would be possible with unlimited division by 2 and doing it till you die - which is far from reality. Why? Because 1 dollar can't be divided by 2 in the game!
That's why 1 million is not enough but you need just a bit more than 1 million. I said it's +1 dollar, but it's not (although theoretically it is). Still it's some small amount over 1 million you need.
2 millions... Nah. Yes it will work, but it's not necessary to get that much as a requirement.

In the end the reward we're talking about will actually cost you 1 million total cash from your pocket. The only problematic part here is - I don't want to pay 1 million for *that*!
That's why grain should sell for $2 (it's still $1/$3 right?).

DeletedUser

I wouldn't know. I'm not a superstar of the west game. Yet.

Ooh, yea... I've spotted a new singing icon, her name is Linni Meister, she comes from Norway, and she'll definetly wipe the floor with Britneys, Gagas and such. Watch out ppl for this epochal discovery!

[spoil]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H15rqukHgw
[/spoil]

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Ok ok, next time please just ask for the spoiler not for the link.
But that reminded me actually on something. If .net doesn't open another world in a month. Or two. Which is very likely... Poor buggers who reg there won't be able to get the achievement with mounts for almost a whole one year!
Why? No sled(ge).
Now... Getting to level 120 can be done in less than a year. So, is that achievement, in fact mount, really worth waiting for it months after you're already level 120? I mean... Is that swimming bonus really a skill we all want to have after a year of playing this game? I can only imagine devs thinking like this:
Swimming... It's used in duels, fort fights, construction, poker, everything you just name it! Let's make an ultimate mount that gives a bonus to that skill!

Duh... I'm starting to hate Oktoberfest.

DeletedUser22685

You must be joking. Or you don't know what's in the saddle bag (and I believe I wrote about it when it was a code bonus item on .de).

I did know what was in the bag, and yes I was joking.

DeletedUser

EDIT:
Um... Anyone knows what's the item we buy for 1 million from NPC trader and is it worth the price?
[spoil]
Image3.png

[/spoil]
pic provided by Ana Doro

You'll actually need the 'Goldesel' to get the Camel, which in turn gives you +2 to all attributes, +15 to appearance and the most beloved +15 to swimming from the mount slot! A pic was posted somewhere above. For achievement hunters this is an absolute *must have* for sure. Also this bonus makes an all-jobs-build even more easily attainable.

EDIT2:
Because Ana comes here sometimes and she'll probably see this, Ana I know you're betatester for sure, so please, report that player search doesn't work on players who activated the title option. Dunno for others. For example, type Callika on beta, you'll get no result and I know he plays there. I hope you get the annoying critter medal... Or achievement... Whatever. ;)

This has been fixed obviously. But there doesn't seem to be an achievement for reporting bugs anyway ;)

DeletedUser

You'll actually need the 'Goldesel' to get the Camel, which in turn gives you +2 to all attributes, +15 to appearance and the most beloved +15 to swimming from the mount slot! A pic was posted somewhere above. For achievement hunters this is an absolute *must have* for sure. Also this bonus makes an all-jobs-build even more easily attainable.
Yes, it's better than the rocket. Slightly. For alljobs. I admit that. But... Who'll spec to alljobs after getting that mount? It'll be more like getting alljobs first and then that mount in some distant future.
And the same conclusion goes for other items from that new set. Take the fort gun for example. Who'll care for alljobs build at - level 100? Besides, you get more benefits from gold set available at level 75.
[spoil]
2v33j0n.png
[/spoil]

there doesn't seem to be an achievement for reporting bugs anyway ;)
They sukk!

Oh... Btw... Is it true that there is an achievement that gives you steel lined box as a reward for buying nuggets? Not wood, not iron. But steel. Can they go lower than that? I mean... Dunno for other worlds, but the whole market economy on w13 is turning around steel lined boxes (currently) and if ppl will be able to buy those for nuggets... That's the "market improvement" devs were talking about on the blog I guess.

DeletedUser

Oh... Btw... Is it true that there is an achievement that gives you steel lined box as a reward for buying nuggets? Not wood, not iron. But steel. Can they go lower than that? I mean... Dunno for other worlds, but the whole market economy on w13 is turning around steel lined boxes (currently) and if ppl will be able to buy those for nuggets... That's the "market improvement" devs were talking about on the blog I guess.

yes, for buying at least 1 nugget, you complete achievements that gives you STEEL box. at least it is so on beta today. i got annie oakley pants from that box :hmf:.

DeletedUser

The content doesn't matter - as I said recently, steel lined box can currently be sold for 100K$. Now you'll be able to sell it for how much? And who'll be rich? Only playewrs with nuggets.
After all sweat we used to get rid of skillbuying, now we got another bad thing. I'm not sure in what direction this game is going, honestly.

Diggo11

The content doesn't matter - as I said recently, steel lined box can currently be sold for 100K$. Now you'll be able to sell it for how much? And who'll be rich? Only playewrs with nuggets.
After all sweat we used to get rid of skillbuying, now we got another bad thing. I'm not sure in what direction this game is going, honestly.
You can get nuggets through SponsorPay for watching one advertisement video, and furthermore achievements can only be obtained once. Stop dramatising over a beta achievement - every premium player isn't going to have 100billion steel chests overnight :rolleyes: If you don't approve of the thought nonetheless, you know where there are dedicated forums awaiting beta discussion: this is not one of them.

DeletedUser

yes, for buying at least 1 nugget, you complete achievements that gives you STEEL box. at least it is so on beta today. i got annie oakley pants from that box.

I'll trade you for my fancy dress coat.

DeletedUser22493

Oke, im getting pretty excited to see this update! Can't wait!

DeletedUser

Ppl, how come there are no posts? German forum is burning over this update, and here... Everyone's uninterested?
Yes, the update is mainly about new duel system, yes, there is a dueling minority (but active) but it's not just that! How come noone asked about quests and new craft recipes that are coming? And after a while, we'll have players coming here and repeating that "they didn't know" like in the case of GG.

Ok, a few things more... Bad ones.

1. There are a few achievements that bring you XP. Just a few. Someone would expect some significant XP amount since there are just a few... But no. Each of them gives you "huge" 50 XP. Will you bother with those at all since you get more XP by doing nothing and buying products (by nuggets) and solving daily quests with products requirement?

2. A few achievements reward you with cash. Since we can get rich already in the game by several different strategies, one can only ask what's the purpose of those achievements? Especially when you know that those achievements bring you 5000$. Each. Um... I'm unsure if devs play this game at all. Anyone can earn 5000$ daily by doing nothing, and no I don't mean buying products for nuggets and reselling those at the market although that strategy can also work. Instead of 5000$ it would be nice to see some unique items not available in stores, otherwise, I'm not sure who'll bother with those cash rewarding achievements.

3. Due to some questions from other players... I've mentioned previously that you can buy steel lined box with nuggets. It's not precise enough. There is an achievement that gives you one and only one steel lined box when you spend at least 1 nugget. That means, you can buy one steel box with just a few nuggets, and that's it on that world. Now... You'll say, great, one steel box is nothing someone should be worried about. Don't be silly, it's something similar to skillbuying where we were told before the update came that skillbuying will be so expensive noone will buy more than a few SPs or APs. And then we saw hotel owners who bought dozens of SPs and APs. What happens here? The strategy is easy for two players.
We both start playing. I'm the "victim" I spend nuggets, get the steel box, sell it to my townmate and then - I delete! And restart. And repeat the process.
My townmate who bought all those boxes from me for the minimal price later can resell all those boxes for 100K$ and not only he's a millionaire on level 60, but also he could have opened them all and get some superitems - without being in a fort fight ever!
Cheating? Yes, it's cheating. Rules? Get serious, there is no rule against you deleting and restarting, if there was such rule, zeromot towns that for whatever reason keep points from deleted players would cease to exist. You believe I'm talking about irrational and illogical things? Ok, let's wait till the update comes - I'm not playing w15 but for any friend who plays there, I'll do anything. I'll just reg there, spend dunno what's minimal nuggets... 5 for NPC trader refresh? And you'll soon have a player there filthy rich and with mass of rare items in possession. Hell, I'll advise the whole my town to do that for one player.
Please, devs, support, CM, whoever reads this and can do something about it, lower the reward for nuggets use on a wooden or an iron box. Or whatever else, just not the steel lined box. And do it ASAP, don't let the abuse for a couple of weeks and then remove it after only a few players benefit from it (like the case of christmas duel motivation candy and huge XP earn on NPC duels where a few players hit high levels and others couldn't repeat the same thing afterwards). Thanks in advance.

But the devil is not so black as everyone says... There is a great change coming. Dueling system. :)
We'll never learn details and exact formula, all we know is that dueling system is changed so that two skills you can't browse on rankings are now the most important skills (aim and dodge) while other skills' impact on the result is lowered (toughness, vigor, reflex, shooting, tactics, appearance).
Does this mean players will all start doing duels? Of course not. Some will, especially those who enjoy dueling for some real challenge against hard to win against players. Others, mainly workerkillers, will probably do less and less duels. What's also positive here? Duelists will probably respec somewhat, increase aim and dodge, decrease other skills... What gives? Nonexisting millions they claim they got by workerkilling which was an excuse will be spent for respeccing and not for digging multi fort fights.

So, three negatives and one positive thing in this post. There are more things in the update but I haven't researched them yet. Let's just hope that in the next such post there will be 3 positive things and only one negative.

DeletedUser22685

Duelists will probably respec somewhat, increase aim and dodge, decrease other skills... What gives? Nonexisting millions they claim they got by workerkilling which was an excuse will be spent for respeccing and not for digging multi fort fights.

I don't think there will be much money used on respeccing:

[*]Duelling Changes
Several tweaks have been applied to the duelling formula, see blog for details. A new quest will be available shortly after the update offering a one time opportunity to reset your duelling skills.

DeletedUser

Ahhh, so devs are not stupid, of course. Only an idiot can believe zeromot can earn millions on workerkilling thus the quest. ;)

Futu... You play w15? If yes... And if you're not in Gagatown there... Wanna get some cheap steel boxes? One every 5 days or so... I think acc deletion lasts for 5 days. :)
Don't worry, I have a mass of nuggets I'm not gonna spend anymore on this worthless class I'm playing so why not put them to a better use. You'll owe me nothing. ;)

Diggo11

Alas Futu, it wasn't a secret plan after all to steal everyone's nuggets! It cannot be; there must be a glitch in the matrix!

DeletedUser

1. There are a few achievements that bring you XP. Just a few. Someone would expect some significant XP amount since there are just a few... But no. Each of them gives you "huge" 50 XP. Will you bother with those at all since you get more XP by doing nothing and buying products (by nuggets) and solving daily quests with products requirement?

The first time I logged in on Beta after retroactive rewards, my daily login bonus was 794. I had done nothing else and don't have a huge number of achievements on Beta, but I got 7940 XP from the ones I did have.

DeletedUser

Elmyr... Beta... Years of playing... Or perhaps decades?
A list please. Of achievements worth (wasting your time since they give you) more than 50 XP.

DeletedUser

There is no Callika player on w12 and w13 here. w1? I'm not going there.