1.23 Thanksgiving Quest

DeletedUser

I completed it on 4 worlds but still have a couple of chars sitting around with 9 turkeys in their pockets.

DeletedUser

Not including the praying and the rest of the quest I spent 18 hours hunting turkeys in the last week :mad:

I still haven't got 10

I could have spent that time hunting grizzlys and gone up a level. Or two. definitely feeling a bit scammed on this one.

DeletedUser

they extended the quest deadline. yesterday, the quest became unavailable as soon as thursday ended. now today, i can continue with it. thanks devs.

DeletedUser

Quest is back (thank you devs). Any idea of the timeframe or does it just need to have been accepted before Thanksgiving?

DeletedUser

Yup, that was the right thing to do under the circumstances. Well done on the quick work.

DeletedUser

It's only back if you had finished Thanksgiving I and II and accepted III before yesterday.

In two worlds I hunted turkey in-between laying rail-road tracks, and frankly other jobs too, as I was under the impression that I would be able to finish this quest line as long as I started it during thanksgiving, like the other quests of this type I have done.

So now I'm stuck with 2x8 turkeys, unable to finish the 1 and 2 hours of laying rail-road tracks that I had left.

So I am almost as annoyed as this morning (or perhaps even more so). Why only fix it half-way???

DeletedUser14006

And while you are at it, bring back the easter quest, I was relatively new back then and was unaware of the time limit on quests.

Just accept the decision to bring it back for folk who had accepted part 3 and let that be that, it is a game and treat it so.

Some folk take it way to serious.

And before you ask, yes I did complete the quest in the allocated time, I did so as it was evident there would be a time limit on this quest as there was in previous special quests

DeletedUser

It's only back if you had finished Thanksgiving I and II and accepted III before yesterday.

In two worlds I hunted turkey in-between laying rail-road tracks, and frankly other jobs too, as I was under the impression that I would be able to finish this quest line as long as I started it during thanksgiving, like the other quests of this type I have done.

So now I'm stuck with 2x8 turkeys, unable to finish the 1 and 2 hours of laying rail-road tracks that I had left.

So I am almost as annoyed as this morning (or perhaps even more so). Why only fix it half-way???

fail. that sucks man. should learn to just do it, rather than lolligag.

DeletedUser

So no luck for people who just signed up and have been scurrying around like rabbits to complete Quest I. ^_^

DeletedUser14006

It will be back in a year for you to complete then, I joined late March so I am waiting until this easter to complete it :)

DeletedUser

It will be back in a year for you to complete then, I joined late March so I am waiting until this easter to complete it :)
heh, I may not even be around in a year. Oh well. I'll at least be able to work on it ahead of time. ;)

DeletedUser

fail. that sucks man. should learn to just do it, rather than lolligag.
I guess the same could have been said to pretty much everyone in this thread.. ;)

I'm just saying that a lot of people expected this quest to work in the same way as other like it (obviously, looking at this thread), and I am probably not the only one to have worked extensively on this quest-line without having reached quest III.

So I find myself exactly where I was this morning. Annoyed.

DeletedUser

Just logged in and saw that I could complete the quest (III) - Glad that I didn't cancel it when it was "X'ed" yesterday just before I collected my 10th Turkey (it took 42 hours of Turkey Hunting to collect those 10 turkeys).
Thumbs up to the Devs for listening to your players (when nobody was made aware the quest line would end like it did) :)

Like others have said the best method for timed holiday/special quests is to inform the players of the time constraint in the quest details so there are no surprises when it ends and that as long as the quest has been started before the time ends then that quest (not the whole quest line) should be able to be completed.

DeletedUser

And before you ask, yes I did complete the quest in the allocated time, I did so as it was evident there would be a time limit on this quest as there was in previous special quests

I had some "forewarning" from the worker quest line, where you can either duel the Ice Cold Mr Brown between 19:00 and 21:00, or the Drunk Mr Brown between 21:00 and 23:00. I accepted both quests, and dueled the Ice Cold one for a week or more until I won. Every day at 21:00 the first quest got X-ed out, the second one become available for 2 hours.

The Thanksgiving quests work (or worked) similarly, only instead of being available for 2 hours/day, they are available for a week/year.

And for those who complain that they didn't knew the quest will time out, be aware that no quest details/requirements/alternatives/follow-ups were leaked, everything weststats contains (and many of us take for granted) was compiled by the players, little by little.

DeletedUser

Whew! Glad it's back, thanks for letting us finish/continue it! Could a Mod please clarify how long we have until it's gone again?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

it's not back, only the part with the turkeys, the others are not. So if i was stuck on the oranges, i can't finish and continue. It's just half of the problem fixed, so people will still be very unhappy.
at least they should have told everyone to push 100% towards this quest, to have all in the same position. But if you didn't do 100 hours on oranges, now you're stuck, like me, on 20 hours of oranges and corn with no possibility of ending the quest. Bad job

DeletedUser14006

I think the part everybody misses is this is a game and certain things get introduced, why should there be any warning?

This forum is meant for people to discuss things, lately it seems to be a portal to the developers servers, make what you can from what is given to you and stop moaning about every damn thing that does not go your way.

DeletedUser

I think the part everybody misses is this is a game and certain things get introduced, why should there be any warning?

This forum is meant for people to discuss things, lately it seems to be a portal to the developers servers, make what you can from what is given to you and stop moaning about every damn thing that does not go your way.

OK, how about every advantage for whatever character class you are playing is changed for the worse. Now, will you be happy with that?
A bit extreme but as I have never done a holiday-sensitive quest (like many others haven't) it's not particularly equitable to have led us down this particular garden path..............:blink: