1.23 Thanksgiving Quest

Deleted User - 1278415

Geez sounds like we need to have Thanksgiving World-Wide. Show some thanks to the developers for turning it back on, and thankful for all those who complained about it to get them to reactivate it, but we don't have to go nitpicking each others statements.

Granted I've never heard of Thanksgiving lunch for Thanksgiving or Christmas, but that is the thrill of Thanksgiving learning another culture and having a way of being together. If the pilgrims would have just jumped off the boat and dueled the Indians in the 1620's we wouldn't have Thanksgiving to be thankful for, instead we just pushed them to North-West Corner of the country :blink:

I got the quest done in w1 and then after I saw the x on it w9 I sold off my 6 turkeys and canceled the quest. w10 I still had 4 turkeys. So I will see what I can still get done in both those worlds its only 1C-AP. But it isn't the end of the worlds for my character. I mean I was doing fine prior to this quest and I'll be doing fine after this quest too.

DeletedUser13020

I had about 5-7 turkeys in 4 different world so i was getting close. Im still kinda mad...I stab you in the pelvis and eat your first born devs!

DeletedUser

Sorry to disagree but any kind of "RPG" must be self-explained... Or has suficient information...

But Ok...

I've said that I agreed they were wrong with the way they implemented the quest, but I don't have any problem with doing a little research. If I was told there was going to be a Guy Fawkes Day quest, I would immediately find the actually date it's observed and assume the quest must be completed by that date.

The big reason the Thanksgiving quests were such a problem is the sheer quantity of a relatively rare drop required and the time allowed wasn't adequate. The fact that so much time is required to gather the products means more specific information should have been provided or the final quest should have had no required completion date as long as the quest was already accepted. Of course I never accept quests requiring products until I have the products, so it wouldn't have helped me.

I never heard anyone complain that they didn't have enough time to do 30 minutes of scaring birds for the Easter quest.

DeletedUser

On one world, the 3 parts are completed, mostly because everything was already collected (I did need to find 1 orange and 2 turkeys, but very easy).
On three worlds, I'm stuck on Thanksgiving II because of the time needed to collect oranges and berries, and the 10 hours of laying tracks.
On two worlds, I can still collect then finish the turkey collections for Thanksgiving III.

I've got it coming from all directions. :(

Still, it did feel a little rushed for the characters that had to start from (almost) scratch on the first part.

DeletedUser

If I was told there was going to be a Guy Fawkes Day quest, I would immediately find the actually date it's observed and assume the quest must be completed by that date.

I agree... But the "rule" of the game was "accept in time", not "complete in time", if the second one is the RULE, it should be announced...

Anyway... I do exectaly what you say, cause of that i'm always looking for info about Belle Star and Athos... ^^ The real ones... Tryin' to find a new quest related to then...

DeletedUser19900

So, do we now have no time restriction to complete part 3? Or were we simply given an extension, and should expect to see it disappear at any moment?

I've got 1 turkey left to get, 7 energy, 18% motivation. I wouldn't mind giving my character a rest (I only play one, on W10), or at least letting the motivation build up so this isn't just a complete waste of time on the non-drops.

DeletedUser

I think it's time to find a new subject to complain about, and consider this to be a lesson for future timed quests (whether you finished this one on time or not.) I appreciate being given the extra time to click on complete quest, but I would have been fine with grumbling a little and moving on if they hadn't done it. The different time zones are a hassle for all concerned, and I think they've been more than fair in dealing with this whole situation.

DeletedUser

unfortunate only part 3 has been extended, and not the whole quest, so i feel the same thing. i can't finish what i have started due to a lot of problems while gathering oranges. got 2 hats, got 1 rifle, but got only 5 oranges. well, probably next year i will do the quest again... NOT!

DeletedUser

Well it certainly sucks for me! I saw the quest was cancelled and sold all the stuff I gathered to buy new gear and then the quest is back on. OHH FICKLE FATE! I think everyone knows that turkey hunting is the WORST JOB EVER! It seems to mock my characters. "Ha Ha, you will get many flags and handcuffs before I ever give you a turkey leg mortal. Ha ha haaaa!" Sucks....

DeletedUser

i didn't sell but i won't wait for next year either. It's kinda strange you start something and then, just few days later it takes it from you. It takes away the fun and excitement, after telling everyone they added a new quest, it turns out to be a very difficult one, with lots of hard things to gather and very few income and xp, and in the end you don't even have the chance to finish it.
such a quest that eats up a lot of time with low xp and low money jobs, should be either bring very big advantages, or at least be a permanent one that you can do it in time, not rushing and working on the clock tens of hours of orange, railroad, turkey... simply not a good idea for this kind of quest.

If you wonder, the Easter quest asked for 30 mins of scaring the crows.
The Christmas quest asked you to beat a guy.
Now, those quest were available for 2 days or so, and asked for a single thing. This one is available 6 days, and asks for 6 oranges (as it turns out for my premium adventurer, 6 oranges take a lot of time... i got only 5 after hours of oranges), 10 hours of railroad (practically 1 day in which you do only railroad with motivation so low that even low levels get nothing from it) then not 1, not 2, but 10 turkey legs, which will take even longer than all (for my premium adventurer, getting 2 turkey a while ago for a quest took me about 10 hours, meaning that 10 turkey will take about 50 hours, not to mention the dropping motivation that will lower my chances, and that means about 4-5 more days). How would one compare the Easter or the Christmas quests with easy storyline with the Thanksgiving quest which is very hard to finish in time without tons of luck?

i wonder even more, when a lot of people complain about the lack of fun in this game, and while a lot of people like doing quest, why would they add another quest that is only available to be completed by a handful of players? Why would they bring even more sadness instead of trying to make the players feel better? Is so hard to understand that a lot of players want some fun and new quests are helping making the game less boring? And is so hard to have quests that are available to be followed not that are closed in the face of the players? My request is: make the quest available for all those that started it. Did the player started thanksgiving quest? then make it able to follow and finish it. Simple

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I totally agree , as it happens I finished it on 3 out of 4 worlds so I'm quite fortunate , but if they are going to extend the quest then they should extend the whole quest , not the half baked fix they have attempted ;)

DeletedUser

The big reason the Thanksgiving quests were such a problem is the sheer quantity of a relatively rare drop required and the time allowed wasn't adequate. The fact that so much time is required to gather the products means more specific information should have been provided or the final quest should have had no required completion date as long as the quest was already accepted.

My point, I believe.

I think you misread that text, it said search abilities, this aint derren frickin brown :)

I was making the point that there was no allusion to RL and that apparently we had to guess this (I've never done a seasonal quest before). For us simple folk, a little bit of a nod in this direction might have meant we didn't waste so much time on rubbish jobs and carried on higher XP and income jobs to improve our characters rather than chase an extremely luck-reliant storyline.

Anyway, I feel sorry for the guys who got close and then sold their turkeys only to have the quest reinstated. Will the devs give us a time to complete or is it now open so that we might hunt those birds at our leisure?

PS. How greedy is this guy? 10 bloomin turkeys!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

should learn to just do it, rather than lolligag.

The flippant remarks like these are rather rubbing me wrong. Go back to the ten pages or so before the quest was initially cut off. Myself, for example, needed 77.5 hours of work to get this quest done... and that was with the advantages of both an adventurer character and the higher income premium. There were at least a dozen of us saying the same sort of thing. With the bad luck that will always be present for some when you have to get many low percentage products, the time allowed just was not enough. It's all good and well that Derek1982 was fortunate enough to get it all in a single day, but for everyone that lucky there will be someone else who gets just as unlucky.

DeletedUser

So I did another 2 hours of hunting turkeys (20 hours in total), and got the last 2 I need :)

Was that just a lucky coincidence, or was it a thanksgiving treat for all the effort put in over the last week? :unsure:

DeletedUser19978

Well, in my point of view, everything is now back to normal when I managed to finish that quest (after they added some extra time to it). This is no longer issue to me.

DeletedUser

yep the quest has continued for all those who had completed thanksgiving 1 and 2...i guess i shud be able to do it in another world now..i have 9 turkeys..just 1 is avoiding me:)

DeletedUser19480

I guess my issue with this quest was how poorly it was put together because of how long it took to get the various items.

I was alternating between doing the laying railroad tracks and hunting turkeys jobs and I completed the railroad job early on Thanksgiving Day but was celebrating the day with relatives so was unable to accept part III.

So now my quest shows that the railroad work is complete but it is grayed out and I can't complete that part of the quest and accept part III. BTW, I have all 10 turkey legs which I also got before the "unknown" midnight deadline.

Just seems to me that this quest wasn't very well thought out and was probably thrown together at the last minute.

To be fair, if the quest was started before the mystery deadline then people should be able to finish it...even if they had to complete it in the month of November.

DeletedUser

I guess my issue with this quest was how poorly it was put together because of how long it took to get the various items.

I was alternating between doing the laying railroad tracks and hunting turkeys jobs and I completed the railroad job early on Thanksgiving Day but was celebrating the day with relatives so was unable to accept part III.

So now my quest shows that the railroad work is complete but it is grayed out and I can't complete that part of the quest and accept part III. BTW, I have all 10 turkey legs which I also got before the "unknown" midnight deadline.

Just seems to me that this quest wasn't very well thought out and was probably thrown together at the last minute.

To be fair, if the quest was started before the mystery deadline then people should be able to finish it...even if they had to complete it in the month of November.

I had same problem unknown quest expire time killed me, also have most of the turkey meat.

DeletedUser

as it seams this issue has been dropped, there will be no fixes, so for those that started the quest but aren't at part 3, the adventure there is over.
well, too bad they implemented a quest that is only available for 6 days, too bad they aren't interested 2 make this a bit more fun than it is, too bad they did a quick patch to make some of the players happy so they alleviate the tension, but it was their choice and that's it.
i surely won't wait till next year to try again gaining a lousy att point by working like mad tons of hours on microscopical jobs.
one quest that i consider gone to the garbage heap of useless features.