1.23 Thanksgiving Quest

DeletedUser

my thoughts are that the Devs told us when it would cut off...

It ain't hard to work out that if the guy needs a turkey for THANKSGIVING LUNCH, then he will need it at or before LUNCHTIME on THANKSGIVING.

Personally, I finished it on Monday so it wasn't an issue :rolleyes:

DeletedUser14006

OK, how about every advantage for whatever character class you are playing is changed for the worse. Now, will you be happy with that?
A bit extreme but as I have never done a holiday-sensitive quest (like many others haven't) it's not particularly equitable to have led us down this particular garden path..............:blink:

As long as it is the same for everyone, then yes, I could not care less.

DeletedUser

And before you ask, yes I did complete the quest in the allocated time, I did so as it was evident there would be a time limit on this quest as there was in previous special quests

How was it evident? Did it say that you had to have the turkeys by Thanksgiving in RL? And who the hell cares about Thanksgiving outside of the US and actually knows when it falls?

Two people who have no problem with this. I wonder why?

DeletedUser14006

It is evident in the same way that the quest to get the santa hat was.

Deleted User - 1278415

It ain't hard to work out that if the guy needs a turkey for THANKSGIVING LUNCH, then he will need it at or before LUNCHTIME on THANKSGIVING.

I gotta agree with this. We all know how lazy Henry is at getting us to do everything for him. :huh: his bar would go down the tubes with out us doing all the quests we do for him.

As for the time cutoff 3pm US time... ya gotta have time to cut the head off, pluck the bird, degut it and then cook it for several hours to be ready for Thanksgiving dinner. That does take some time. Even going to the supermarket today and getting a small 4lb turkey roast that just needs to be put in the oven for 2 hours is ready by 5pm US dinner time.

DeletedUser

How was it evident? Did it say that you had to have the turkeys by Thanksgiving in RL? And who the hell cares about Thanksgiving outside of the US and actually knows when it falls?

The game takes place in the US. It's not the devs fault you don't know how to use Google or Wikipedia.

Two people who have no problem with this. I wonder why?

I finished it in the two worlds where I planned on doing the quest. I still think the quest was handled poorly even though it didn't affect me personally.

DeletedUser

Don't know about everyone else, but I filed a support ticket last evening about it and was just notified that it was "fixed". I than checked the quest page & saw Thanksgiving III was back with a ? by it, so was able to open it up & click the complete button.

In my case I had all 10 turkeys BEFORE midnight east coast US time [0600 server time] and had a screenshot to prove it. I mention this, since I don't know what criteria was used to decide who [people who ask, some, everyone] will now be able to complete it.

DeletedUser

One of my characters spent time hunting turkeys once her motivation got too low laying tracks, & never got past part two. Regardless, I like the idea of timed quests. I think giving in to people that didn't get it done in time takes away from what little excitement the new quest offered, as well as throwing to the wind the real time rule system we play on.

That said, If you had the turkeys before midnight in your time zone, I'm fine with giving the reward. Awkwardly leaving the dinner table or waking up from your food coma just to log on & complete the quest is difficult for many of us who actually celebrate the holiday.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser19900

Please tell us where it says 'THANKSGIVING LUNCH' ?

Now you're just making stuff up. :rolleyes:

Furthermore if you're trying to insinuate it's 'implied', then who's ever heard of the great 'Thanksgiving Day Lunch' ? The afternoon is typically spent watching football games followed by a thanksgiving day dinner.

DeletedUser

The quest probably should have started on Sunday Nov 22 and ended Sunday Nov 29, which would make more sense, then what they did, with the quest ending duing thanksgiving in the U.S.

DeletedUser

Please tell us where it says 'THANKSGIVING LUNCH' ?

Now you're just making stuff up. :rolleyes:

Furthermore if you're trying to insinuate it's 'implied', then who's ever heard of the great 'Thanksgiving Day Lunch' ? The afternoon is typically spent watching football games followed by a thanksgiving day dinner.

I don't know... I ain't american and don't celebrate it... I just compare it to Xmas where we tend to do Turkey over here for lunch...

But the fact remains, that if its dinner, you still need to prepare and cook your turkey prior to eating it... so the quest must end before this...

I'm sorry your miffed cos you didn't complete it... At least you have another chance :D

DeletedUser14006

One of my characters spent time hunting turkeys once her motivation got too low laying tracks, & never got past part two. Regardless, I like the idea of timed quests. I think giving in to people that didn't get it done in time takes away from what little excitement the new quest offered, as well as throwing to the wind the real time rule system we play on.

That said, If you had the turkeys before midnight in your time zone, I'm fine with giving the reward. Awkwardly leaving the dinner table or waking up from your food coma just to log on & complete the quest is difficult for many of us who actually celebrate the holiday.

If I could, I would buy you a beer, well said!!

DeletedUser

all i see is that instead of working out a solution, the group of people who "did it" are trying to convince the group of people who "didn't do it" that it's their fault, and are happily laughing in the face of the others that they were the lucky ones.
Why this attitude? Ok, you did the quest, you had your fun, and you now try to argue it's normal that the others don't have the fun you had, because...?
Instead you should let all the people have the fun, that's why we play the game.

DeletedUser19900

I don't know... I ain't american and don't celebrate it... I just compare it to Xmas where we tend to do Turkey over here for lunch...

But the fact remains, that if its dinner, you still need to prepare and cook your turkey prior to eating it... so the quest must end before this...

I'm sorry your miffed cos you didn't complete it... At least you have another chance :D

But you still didn't answer the question as to where you saw it say in the game: 'THANKSGIVING DAY LUNCH'

I know you were trying to be cute and act like a really bright bulb when you demonstrated your deductive reasoning and said:

nateuk1 said:
It ain't hard to work out that if the guy needs a turkey for THANKSGIVING LUNCH, then he will need it at or before LUNCHTIME on THANKSGIVING

But, as I am pointing out, nowhere in the game does it actually say THANKSGIVING LUNCH. Thus your cute logic doesn't apply.

If in fact it does say 'thanksgiving lunch' in the game, I would love to be informed where it says so, and then you can go on basking in the glow of your 'brightness'.

DeletedUser14006

all i see is that instead of working out a solution, the group of people who "did it" are trying to convince the group of people who "didn't do it" that it's their fault, and are happily laughing in the face of the others that they were the lucky ones.
Why this attitude? Ok, you did the quest, you had your fun, and you now try to argue it's normal that the others don't have the fun you had, because...?
Instead you should let all the people have the fun, that's why we play the game.

That is far from the case, as I said before, my argument is that instead of a game it is being turned into 'the devs are wrong', 'the devs are bad', 'the devs did'nt let us know what is happening'.

It is a game and these forums are a privilege to have, not a place to get things redone in your personal vision.

I missed out on the Easter quest, as did many others no doubt, use the search function and tell me who called for a retrial in that instance.

As of late this game has been giving into these 'forum moaners' who stamp their feet when they do not get what they want!

I missed out on the Easter quest, so I will wait until it comes around again.

Call me a sadist, but at the end of the day, facts are facts.

DeletedUser

The game takes place in the US. It's not the devs fault you don't know how to use Google or Wikipedia.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that psychic abilities were needed to play the game. Oh, and where was there any allusion to RL anyway?

Because we read the quest???

and where does it say that this quest needs to be completed in Real Time?

DeletedUser

Sorry to disagree but any kind of "RPG" must be self-explained... Or has suficient information...

But Ok...