Shopping Passes

DeletedUser

It means you don't get money in the treasury from the sale of the item.

DeletedUser

Well if some one telegrams for a shopping pass they can raise it right be fore he gives it, so its 1,000 Dollars. Other than that I like it.

DeletedUser

_

Revised Idea:

1. Each town sets the price for their shopping passes
2. Passes available for purchase in the General Store (unless the devs can make it council issued)
3. Passes are good for 3 hours from purchase time. After that they expire and you must repurchase a pass to shop.
4. Passes allow you to buy goods at 'member' prices
5. Full ticket price to Treasury
6. No gain from actual items purchased.

So , the Town gets money from the sale of the pass only .
The pass purchaser gets the gear at town member cost .
Both parties benefit in a simple system that eliminates town hopping to shop and keeps town forums private .

Sound like a great thing to Me !

DeletedUser

Its a awesome idea with only eliminating the need to town hop since most of us just skip the 4x penalty.

DeletedUser

Better idea: Make a purchasable ticket from the general store, if need be, for different times. This is great in theory but not in practice simply because people are INACTIVE for days. All three shopping trips I have went on took way too long. I'm talking 8 hours as the best invite. you can argue for people waiting to do tasks etc..... but 8 hours for something to help my adventurer finish a quest... pathetic.

Having an item outsiders can purchase from the general store, giving full proceeds to the town they buy it from would be way better. No 8-48 hour waits...................

DeletedUser

Hmmm, well, from what I can tell, the whole idea of this game is to build up your own town. Yes there are items that your town will not have but it seems to me that you are supposed to pay full price for the item from another town. Shopping passes as they stand are an exploitation of the game. I do not like issuing shopping passes because I want my town to make money from those items. Yes I know that most people donate a bit to my towns treasury when allowed to shop there but in the end it is a pain in the posterior to always have to send an invite, maybe hide portions of the forum, and then worry about if someone is gaining info on who is carrying how much money. If anything I wish there were even more differences between the items that towns carry so that you would have to pay other towns ludicrous prices to get the item you want. Right now, my town is maxed out and I can make pretty good money so I do not mind paying full price to get it. I do understand that because I do it that way I cannot get the highest level items. Instead, I will just go build another town and hope that I get those items in the new town. I also understand that not everyone is a builder and they may not have that option.

I would propose that once a town is maxed out that all items be made available to any passersby.

DeletedUser

Exactly why a buyable shopping pass would be great. No town switching, the town you buy it from would get full proceeds and people like me needing an item to help finish a quest would not have to wait 2 damn days for a stupid top hat. Even if the pass is say... 10% of the item you purchase it would save alot of anger and spite towards towns full of inactive founders and councilors.There could even be a toggle button to put the money into the town or the towns fort.

I did end up getting my hat... but I waited two days like a chump. Unacceptable

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That is the whole deal, you don't have to wait, you are just being cheap. Pay full price.

DeletedUser15920

I think this idea may weaken the community aspect of this game.

Right now big alliances can issue temp membership to ally members to go and shop in their towns with friendship prices, which is, the same with internal prices.

If you can issue passes, that will weaken the benefit of being in big alliances and weaken cooperation and camaraderie between towns.

The only thing this benefits is to townless people, or people who are in smaller alliances and who cannot jump towns so easily.

Please consider what I said and please dont implement a shopping ticket.

If this should be implemented, I suggest a town councillor/ founder are given a new ability to issue temporary shopping privilege to individuals. So they dont need to quit/ resign their own old town, and dont need to be joining the new town and be reading internal forums etc. But it should be free, and should be discretionary and need approval, just like the present system of town invitations.

I think it's not so good to enable an automatic shopping pass without discretionary control and with a set price.

DeletedUser

I was not trying to slam you and I did not intend to insult you. If you do not want to pay full price what would you call it? Is being cheap an insult? Is it destructive? I do not believe it is. Me telling you to pay full price was instructive. I would appreciate it if you would try to listen instead of being so sensitive. If you won't do that then I can't really help you.

As far as the money going to a fully built town not doing anything you obviously have not initiated a fort battle. It costs 10k to try and take over a large fort.

Just because you cannot hear the tone of my voice you immediately assume that I am trying to be mean to you, when in fact, that is not the case. I am not mean spirited. And for your information, I am the adult in the avatar. :p

DeletedUser

I like the idea of the shopping pass allowing someone to purchase goods at resident prices, or 20% surcharge.

The Passes should be distributed by councillors or founders.

There should be a limited supply of passes available to be distributed. Each town getting 3 passes in 168 hours (1 week) seems good.
The town should be able to "store" up to 6 passes at a time.

Passes should allow to the buyer to purchase at a small surcharge (120-125% of normal)

A pass should be active for 24 hours. And you can not have more than 1 pass in any 48 hour period.

DeletedUser14192

I think this idea may weaken the community aspect of this game.

Right now big alliances can issue temp membership to ally members to go and shop in their towns with friendship prices, which is, the same with internal prices.

If you can issue passes, that will weaken the benefit of being in big alliances and weaken cooperation and camaraderie between towns.

That's actually more of a reason for the Devs to go ahead and create shopping passes. The Devs don't like nor do they want Formal Alliances in the West.

If they did, they would've created a script like they have in TribalWars (which I've stopped playing because a big baddie took all my walls away!)

DeletedUser

Well, basically, the whole idea is that people do not want to pay 4x the home town price. I do not really see that as an issue. If people wouldjust pay that price then there would not be all these other issues of people getting upset about how long it takes to change towns just so they can get a deal, and shopping passes would not matter because people would just pay what they owe. I do not see this idea as something that is valid. It is just another way to exploit the game. Everyone has gotten too comfortable with being able get a deal in their own town and now expect to not have to pay the real price. It is fairly bogus in my opinion.

DeletedUser

Let's keep this calm guys

Someone likes the idea, they put their feedback : great.

Someone doesn't like the idea, they put their feedback : great.

No need for heated discussions :)

DeletedUser

I like Desinero's original idea and some of the additions too. I'm all in favor of shopping passes.

DeletedUser

I like the idea of Shopping Passes, but rather than purchasing from the shop whenever you want, they should have to be purchased from one of the town's leaders.

Otherwise you may as well just lower shop item prices if the pass is just sat there waiting to be bought. A shopping pass should be earned on favour or similar, not made too easily available.