Shopping Passes

DeletedUser

I like the idea of Shopping Passes, but rather than purchasing from the shop whenever you want, they should have to be purchased from one of the town's leaders.
Otherwise you may as well just lower shop item prices if the pass is just sat there waiting to be bought. A shopping pass should be earned on favour or similar, not made too easily available.

Depends on the price of the shopping pass. If the proceeds of the pass go into the town treasury, then I don't see why town leaders would have any objection. Although, I just thought of a downside. It will be that much harder to recruit people to your town, if they can get discounts from any town's shops with a pass. Hmmmmmm.

DeletedUser

They already do that. If anything it will keep people in your town because they won't have to leave as a member to go shopping.

DeletedUser

They already do that. If anything it will keep people in your town because they won't have to leave as a member to go shopping.

Good point. I don't think you should be able to leave your town to go shopping either, unless you need a very specific item for a quest or something. You should pick a town and help build it up, so that your own town will have good items in the shop. That's what I'm doing anyway.

DeletedUser

I give this idea,the shopping pass the big thumbs up.leave town-wait-join shopping town-buy-leave-wait -back to your town-its a pain.Hope this goes to a vote or even better gets incorporated to the west ASAP,cheers

DeletedUser

Speaking of which. Do the game developers or programmers actually read this thread and consider these ideas or is it just a wish list for us to have fun with?

DeletedUser

Speaking of which. Do the game developers or programmers actually read this thread and consider these ideas or is it just a wish list for us to have fun with?

They don't officaly read threads in this forum. If an idea here is considered good enough it is put up for a vote in Development Discussions. If the gets through the vote Gem will give the idea to the devs.

DeletedUser

I really like the idea of a shopping pass in the gen store. I've had number of buyers that joined, did their shopping and didn't pay to my town treasure :S Than you feel really bad as town owner of a growing town in need of money. I think that way you can have a fairer system. Only problem is that some towns sell quest items or items for pure's and those towns will be visited more often for shopping.. but that's just being lucky I guess :)

DeletedUser

I really like the idea of a shopping pass in the gen store. I've had number of buyers that joined, did their shopping and didn't pay to my town treasure :S Than you feel really bad as town owner of a growing town in need of money. I think that way you can have a fairer system. Only problem is that some towns sell quest items or items for pure's and those towns will be visited more often for shopping.. but that's just being lucky I guess :)

Well, if you have better items in your shops, then you can charge more for your shopping pass. The towns that have low level shops, may have to charge a lot less for a pass in order to get any business. But they'll still get something.

DeletedUser14192

I Still Agree With this Topics Original Poster, this is a good Idea!

DeletedUser

Heh, I was about to make a topic of my own but I discovered this thread just in time. I'm 100% behind this idea.

EDIT:
I was bored and decided to work this out in graphics.

These graphics are based upon Violette LeDrunc's variation on the original idea (clickie).

You can buy different shopping passes based up on how much you want to spend. One for all items under $250, one for all items under $1000 and one for all items under $2000.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n18/MrHatakeKakashi/shoppingpasscopy.png

This image shows how the general store looks without a shopping pass. The next one shows how it looks with a shopping pass.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n18/MrHatakeKakashi/shoppingpasscopy2.png

I am providing the images with a link because they exceed 700 pixels in width.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Everybody would buy the cheapest shopping pass. I don't quite get what the different prices would be good for.

DeletedUser1105

Everybody would buy the cheapest shopping pass. I don't quite get what the different prices would be good for.

He was going off violettes idea, where buying a different shopping pass allows you to spend more money in the shops.

I prefer one set price for one shopping trip though.

DeletedUser

Dueling stopped

What about buying a kind of pass that make others unable to duel you while shopping?
I am getting fed up:mad: about players dueling me when I am shopping and stole my money, forcing me to stay longer in the town which I was shopping in.

DeletedUser

What about buying a kind of pass that make others unable to duel you while shopping?
I am getting fed up:mad: about players dueling me when I am shopping and stole my money, forcing me to stay longer in the town which I was shopping in.
I don't think that stopping people to duel is fair.It's a duelers job to duel you.

DeletedUser

How come anyone steals your money while shopping? The easiest thing to do is accept the invite once you get to the town then schedule sleep and safely go through the stores.

DeletedUser

How come anyone steals your money while shopping? The easiest thing to do is accept the invite once you get to the town then schedule sleep and safely go through the stores.

Thats what I do, may be he dont do this and the "campers" go there and fill ther pockets, anyway i think i dont like shoppin passes thing because this would end debtors, embezzlementers, pettifoggers and smartasses. yeah, that'd be horrible for the town, but debtors, embezzlementers, pettifoggers and smartasses were a part of the west i believe.

DeletedUser

I for one really like the idea, The main benefit for me is there will be no waiting periods in between the towns. Currently it takes me over 6 hours to join another town and I have to do that twice. (joining town B and going back to town A)

Perhaps though, The town leaders can set the price, (same page as the logo) and they can only be offered by a counciler/founder via the same as an invite. The set price will automatically be deducted from the shoppers' account upon acceptance.The timer starts at that point and when it reaches 0 just disappears and the price goes back to normal foreign prices

This will control who is shopping in your town. Will work around resident limits. Not require the leaving of town and waiting to return.

DeletedUser

Or you can make something that the town founders can add a specific amount of money on the price, which would go straight to town treasury. This amount is the same on each item.

So for example: Mexican bandana ($600) + $200 shopping fee is $800. then 200 dollars would go straight in the town treasury.

EDIT: extra money is only for outsiders then ofcourse, town members dont pay the extra price