The Ride of the Marshals - Sin City and Las Vegas burn

• Thread starter DeletedUser9891
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9891

Well yes, you say that ad nauseum and you declare positions of moral superiority (we don't attack workers) on most of the town flags in your federation. However, you also strongly support and include in your federation vile brigands who attack workers and smaller towns. Until your federation is free of such hypocrisy, I'll personally consider overt bullies more honorable than those who hide under a banner of 'justice' and 'moral superiority' that they don't live up to.

:dry:

I've spoken to Coppers and to a Council member in your town. As I see it you're happy with your little war and far from interested in peace talks.

When you're prepared to broker peace I'll talk to you, til then there's nothing I can do.

He said, she said bores me when people aren't prepared to negotiate.

Coppers have already agreed to peace talks, but I am told by your own people because you aren't interested,which is why I am not wasting time or breath to try anymore.

There seems to be fault on both sides, as I see it, and a lot of finger pointing, which is ultimately your loss.

Talk to me when you wish to negotiate or stay napping in your saloons.

I'm far from unreasonable but talking about it here and refusing to negotiate in game is pointless, IMO.

DeletedUser9891

lol im not impressed...

on w4 I usually only attack duelers who give 200+ exp per duel. and im a construction worker, not a pure build.

No waste of energy points or time.

Youre only getting lousy 80 pts.

=]

Just based on experience.

Yes, I am a seasoned player.

Nobody has that sort of XP on World 8 for me. Do you have a World 8 character? And have you always been a troll?

DeletedUser

Coppers have already agreed to peace talks, but I am told by your own people because you aren't interested,which is why I am not wasting time or breath to try anymore.

There seems to be fault on both sides, as I see it, and a lot of finger pointing, which is ultimately your loss.

Talk to me when you wish to negotiate or stay napping in your saloons.

I'm far from unreasonable but talking about it here and refusing to negotiate in game is pointless, IMO.

You've left out some things though, haven't you? Here's what I've heard:

We have brokered peace with the Coppers twice. They agreed to peace on both occasions. They attacked workers within 24 hours of each peace agreement.

FoM is not offering anything new in 'brokering an agreement'. They're just inviting us to 'try again' and see if the Coppers will desist this time. Its the same thing - if we break the agreement, our workers wil lbe farmed by all of FoM, and if the Coppers break the agreement, well, you already explained that, didn't you? Apparently the Coppers served you well on another world, and you'll stand by them no matter what their behaviour is.

Fair enough. But lose the hypocritical posturing. You're the biggest bullies on this world, and you attack workers. You just do it as "war".

:dry:

DeletedUser

Since KK brought up our conversations I may as well shed some light on the subject for the readers of this board. We (Bat Country) have a problem with the Coppers(creek,springs and whatnot). Early on we had a bit of a tussle and peace was made. The peace did not last as the lack of leadership or whatever reason from Coppers had their own sheriff shooting at us less than a day later, mostly because some other copper leader was not satisfied. They further displayed a lack of leadership by denying any talk took place with 'real' leaders. Now, a savvy boss might decide to look into this mess and get it worked out. Not Dirtybirdy. Is he even the boss? Who runs the show? Coppers did not care, they were not interested in peace, they just want to roll smaller or weaker towns.

The reason we will not negotiate now is simple. Negotiating with them is a waste of time. They obviously do not hold their own members or each other (as leaders) accountable for anything. They made peace and shot us. Then they did it again. The evidence is on our side here KK. Regardless of all the he said she said and foolery about terms etc. Think about it. We had a peace deal and they broke it. NOW they offer peace again and that is it. All of this information was made public and all of our members have access to it. We are not hiding anything from each other. I have told you the truth from the beginning.

Either they are lying to you and you believe them, or you are simply not getting involved because of friendships. Both are fine, we do not care and I have nothing against you for siding with your friends. You are certainly entitled to play as you like. We are hardly saints. I will shoot anyone I want, we do not care about worker naps or whatnot. Bat Country is also honest enough to say that to the general public. Unless we have an arrangement or like a group for some reason we will attack anyone we choose. We play the way we want, you play the way you want.

This does bring up an interesting problem though. FoM

Creating a coalition is a fine and no doubt fun idea. Your group could be founded based on any number of ideals. The public face of FoM you want us all to accept is the white knight. You have chosen the extremist 'good' and to back that up you must enforce the code. Coppers do not live up to that ideal. Ask some copper members like Shotgun John Collins about the sister or mother comments in mails. Ask the Coppers about the first peace deal. Ordinarily such things do not matter, who cares, it is a game and have fun. You have, by taking on the extreme good stance, set a higher standard. If FoM is about protection of the weak, decency and a code of behavior then why are you permitting liars and peace breakers in?

The truth of the matter is a bit darker than the public image. FoM is not about protecting the weak. FoM is about enforcing a certain playstyle. I have no problem with that. Do not call it one thing and make it another. The reality of FoM is this. FoM does not want the pvpers leveling up in ways deemed 'unfair' (workers and such). You told me that yourself in so many words.

FoM is not about protection, it is enforcement of a certain belief system on the masses. Just be honest about it. The only reason workers are protected is the unfair xp gain and faster leveling for your competing pvpers. FoM does not want the pvpers gaining advantage in ways they do not approve. As a byproduct you are able to trumpet virtue and offer protection. All of that is fine. It is great even.! However, if you are going to preach a code it must be enforced. If you want the public to accept FoM as champions you have to actually act like champions. I like you well enough, but you need to understand the dynamics of your situation. FoM may have champions and honest people in it. It also contains the criminal and dishonest. Your PR cannot trump their history and behavior while the public sees something other than what you proclaim.

DeletedUser

Sadly, its not strictly about enforcing a playstyle, but enforcing a playstyle for anybody other then them. It's common theme in PvP games.

DeletedUser

Yes there may be people in FOM who go against the code and we do our best to try and stop this but when you in charge of 20+ towns it's incredibally hard to mointor them. If we catch people breaking this code then we try to deal to them swiftly and servely.

Regards Upanator
LLFOM

DeletedUser

If Copper made a peace treaty .. so to speak .. and broke it then why is FoM backing Copper?

I'm just a very small part of FoM but even I would like a few answers on this one.

DeletedUser14280

Copper Creek

Where the weak are killed and eaten!
Hey, wait... Doesn't that motto imply cannabilism?
I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Now, what if you tried setting up Rules Of Engagement instead of looking for peace?

DeletedUser

Now, what if you tried setting up Rules Of Engagement instead of looking for peace?
Before we join the federation another town and ours had just a treaty. We called it a "Special Attack Pact" it worked for us. Now we are full fledged allies and ride on raids with each other. Worked for us, could work for them.

DeletedUser

When one side has already demonstrated multiple times that they're happy to make agreements, break them a few hours later, and then brag about it (until fairly recently Copper Creek had "HAHAHA we're breaking our treaty you all suck" or something like that on their town sign), you can be pretty well assured that any Rules of Engagement agreed to are going to be one-sided. It's not likely to be any different from a peace treaty in that respect.

DeletedUser14280

What I was thinking, was that you could find a strong third party, to help your towns make an agreement on who to duel how often, and whatnot.
Then if one party breaks the rules, the third party helps the town that got attacked.

But who could you find to help like that?

DeletedUser

Who indeed. In this situation KK (leader of FoM) is an admitted old friend of Copper 'leadership'. Feel free to shoot whoever you like in the face. What we have here is FoM ignoring the public good because of friendships. FoM is a specific agenda. They will ignore or sweep over the ugly truth if it suits them. This is fine of course. Just be aware the altruism is a lie.

DeletedUser

FoM is a specific agenda. They will ignore or sweep over the ugly truth if it suits them.

This is not true of all FoM towns. I've dismissed family members from my town when they broke a rule .. I have no problem dismissing friends either. Please don't condem all of us for the actions of some.

DeletedUser

Remember that your own stance holds you to a higher standard. Of course there are believers among the membership. There is nothing wrong with that! Now, address the standpoint and words of your leaders. FoM is NOT about defending the defenseless. I maintain fondness for some FoM towns that seem ernest in their belief. This does not change the fact that a public deception is happening. FoM is not about defending the innocent from the words of its founder. You are being used to further the agenda of pvpers. Maybe you do not care. At least be aware.

DeletedUser

I can't address the standpoint and words of the leaders. To be very truthful here, I'm not at all sure what their standpoint is. We have received nothing letting us know what it is. I had assumed it was to protect smaller towns and their workers from being farmed, but we all know what assuming does, don't we.

DeletedUser14280

Maybe they think that attacking nasty fighters before they can attack 'the defenseless' is the way to go?
It'd explain their attacking habits (which I have no clue about): Their perception is skewed.

DeletedUser

makes a mule out of you and umtion? =)

Understand that I have no issue with FoM being about whatever is decided. The issue here is what they say they are vs reality.

KK expressed the ideals to me himself. Weaker towns are an afterthought in upholding the PvP standard. No problem!

Be honest about it.

DeletedUser

Yes there may be people in FOM who go against the code and we do our best to try and stop this but when you in charge of 20+ towns it's incredibally hard to mointor them. If we catch people breaking this code then we try to deal to them swiftly and servely.

Regards Upanator
LLFOM

kittenkicker said FoM isnt one entity. Its a group of town with the same ethos as he putrs it. That FoM will duel other FoM towns. Here you say you are in charge of 20+ towns, insinuating one entity.

You also say if you guys do it once or twice, its a mistake, yet if one other town does it once or twice, they dont control their duelers.

Clarification please.

Status
Not open for further replies.