The Ride of the Marshals - Sin City and Las Vegas burn

• Thread starter DeletedUser9891
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I am not an active dueler. Yet, when FoM duelers come to my town they duel me and not the aggressive duelers of my town...the "scoundrels" they claim to be after.

Just yesterday I was KO'd while working. The culprit was crimzonzun, a worker from a FoM town, who came to my town and attacked me without provocation. I have no problem with being attacked or being KO'd. But I have issue with FoM claiming to be any different than the "scoundrels" they are after.

Target the "scoundrels" not the innocent. Then I might actually join you. As it stands, FoM is making me want to join the "scoundrels" who oppose them. Indiscriminate attacks create enemies and do not dispense justice. Clean up your act or just admit that you are just another group seeking to advance their own prosperity at the expense of innocents.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am not an active dueler. Yet, when FoM duelers come to my town they duel me and not the aggressive duelers of my town...the "scoundrels" they claim to be after.

Just yesterday I was KO'd while working. The culprit was crimzonzun, a worker from a FoM town, who came to my town and attacked me without provocation. I have no problem with being attacked or being KO'd. But I have issue with FoM claiming to be any different than the "scoundrels" they are after.

Target the "scoundrels" not the innocent. Then I might actually join you. As it stands, FoM is making me want to join the "scoundrels" who oppose them. Indiscriminate attacks create enemies and do not dispense justice. Clean up your act or just admit that you are just another group seeking to advance their own prosperity at the expense of innocents.

Lon not all members of the federation attack indiscriminately. Our town has a policy of leaving worker class citizens out of the duels. If a member of our town does attack a worker they are put on report. The third time they are put on report they are booted from the town. I hate seeing workers being dueled. I can understand why the federation does so when a war is started. It is with a hope that the workers being attacked will raise their voices to their town councils asking that a peace treaty be signed.

I can understand your frustrations. I suggest you voice your needs to your town council asking that a treaty be put on the table so the dueling workers will stop. And please know we do understand your pain. Not all of us are heathens just out for a fight.

DeletedUser

I can understand why the federation does so when a war is started. It is with a hope that the workers being attacked will raise their voices to their town councils asking that a peace treaty be signed.

Oh, come on. Few people are so naive as to believe that. Like everybody else, the members of FoM understand that dueling higher level workers is rewarding. Allowing your members to target workers during "war" simply encourages those who want to progress faster to seek war by bullying comparatively peaceful towns. Which I imagine is the real intent.

DeletedUser

Righ he said he can understand why they do it. But we don't do that in our town.

DeletedUser

I STILL wish KK would tell me how he manages to have that kind of dueling record.

DeletedUser

Oh, come on. Few people are so naive as to believe that. Like everybody else, the members of FoM understand that dueling higher level workers is rewarding. Allowing your members to target workers during "war" simply encourages those who want to progress faster to seek war by bullying comparatively peaceful towns. Which I imagine is the real intent.

I'm sorry you think I'm naive or that I think others are. And I'm sorry you feel anyone belonging to the Federation of Marshals are just bullies. It's to bad you can't believe anyone, even when they tell you the truth.:sad:

I'm afraid if it had been me in your shoes, when the war started with your town, I'd of left it. But hey if you decided to stay and be dueled time and time again then there is no one to blame but yourself. There were options open and available to you. :dry:

DeletedUser

If you had truly been in my shoes, leaving the town wouldn't have been a consideration. Our town is perhaps a little unusual in that we all know each other from outside the game. If the intent of repeatedly killing our workers is to cause attrition by bullying our townsfolk into leaving for pastures new, you'll find us somewhat challenging.

That's actually a pretty terrible thing to suggest. I know its popular in PvP games to try and force people to leave their friends or quit the game, but it isn't a strong strategy, and it risks ruining your own game later.

DeletedUser

He stated you had options available and that was an option. Our town is full of rl friends, family and co-workers and online friends. Our town is fairly large but not maxed out, we are NOT bullies and the only town in our sector we have problems with is 1 who seems to think it's alright to duel our workers. So I guess with us attacking them on a fairly regular basis you are going to call us bullies also. We do not attack their workers, we just attack everyone else in their town. We tried making peace with them before attacking and was told in no uncertain terms to go to h***.

So go ahead and call us bullies or whatever .. because I'm really tired of trying to make you understand that you can't judge all towns in FoM because of the actions of a few of them.

DeletedUser

kittenkicker said FoM isnt one entity. Its a group of town with the same ethos as he putrs it. That FoM will duel other FoM towns. Here you say you are in charge of 20+ towns, insinuating one entity.

You also say if you guys do it once or twice, its a mistake, yet if one other town does it once or twice, they dont control their duelers.

Clarification please.

I did not say another town does it they can't controll their duelers i said if we catch someone doing it (attacking builders repedetly)* in FOM we deal with them swifitly and servely also if we catch someone who is attacking our builders just once or twice we send them a warning however if they repeatedly farm our builders then we attack them. Insinuating one entity. Sorry I don't understand this. Also all you people are going on about KK (Kitten Kicker) please he is not the only Marshell or founder of FOM please no need to direct all this at him.

*Ninja builders not included (Builders with dueling level 4+ their normal level)

DeletedUser9891

I STILL wish KK would tell me how he manages to have that kind of dueling record.
]

I am a PURE Dueler soldier with premium. Gives +100% tactics boost.

I have very good skill allocation and kit.

Simple as that. I read the manual, I emailed people asking for tips and I built accordingly. If you want to get good you ask the people who have excellent dueling stats.

I was told about 0% motivation dueling by a friend, you can make a lot of cash that way, but keep duel level lower so high level guys can't batter you stupid... This same friend has over 400 wins, very few losses and amazing gear!

People want everything... they want to duel, they want to do quests... I've had to wait far longer than most for my kit, but dueling people 10 levels higher who make a lot of cash? Sure, why not?

Check the duel thread in World 6 for an idea of my abilities, check duel thread 8 too.

Then please understand I'm just built to fight, there's nothing sinister about having my stats. Ryan Perez is very similar in stats too, but a bit higher on the World 8 rankings. Think my best place rank was 17th.

If I want to make first page I have to hit people worth around 100xp a time, which is why I have more losses lately. A nice safe 80-90xp duel was always fun, meant more fights and less damage.

Now I can sometimes only make 2 duels then need 8 hrs rest because of damage.

Read the thread, then comment again

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=11702&page=6

DeletedUser9891

If you had truly been in my shoes, leaving the town wouldn't have been a consideration. Our town is perhaps a little unusual in that we all know each other from outside the game. If the intent of repeatedly killing our workers is to cause attrition by bullying our townsfolk into leaving for pastures new, you'll find us somewhat challenging.

That's actually a pretty terrible thing to suggest. I know its popular in PvP games to try and force people to leave their friends or quit the game, but it isn't a strong strategy, and it risks ruining your own game later.

You don't get it. Your town and Copper Towns can fight all day long, I tried to assist in negotiations, but your Council member told me that as far as you are all concerned you know each other and will stick together and fight them til the end.

Good for you, your choice.

WhiteBrit of Copper towns was I think my first or second alliance, I recall allying early on even though we were far apart. He mentioned what was going on and I tried to broker some peace, but you were all convinced it was the others fault.

The communication interface (telegrams) is clunky at best, and you never know what misinformation you are being fed, or which end of the stick you are grabbing and from what I've heard from both towns you each continue to think it's "the others".

WhiteBrit was prepared to let me talk and agree terms, but you aren't interested.

If you want it to stop, it will stop, but I am told you are all enjoying it.

You continue to KO their workers, which is why they hit yours. I asked for a worker NAP and I was told no too.

Why are you even posting here if you have no interest in peace talks? Seems like you're just finger pointing for no good reason, correct me if I am wrong?

KK

DeletedUser

For clarification, I wanted to know how you did it. It does look bad though. I myself would like those kind of numbers. Also, I thought tactics only helped when attacked, while appearance helped when attacking. If that is the case then premium does not explain it.

btw, you did explain quite a bit to me and I have seen your duel reports that you post. I know it would be silly of you to post all your reports, and silly of me to ask it.

DeletedUser9891

Oh, and we are NOT interested in forcing people out of the game... this is part of the reason the FoM was formed to stop people getting bullied out, and slow the number of ghost towns appearing.

Copper Towns are involved in FoM, but they are in WAR with Bat Country.

They haven't asked for FoM support as it's their conflict.

Again I don't really "get" what you're on about, as it has nothing to do with FoM. Even if Copper towns weren't FoM they'd still be fighting you.

Perhaps you'd care to talk ingame and we can be less hostile, I'm still happy to mediate some form of peace or worker NAP, but only if you say you genuinely want it.

I have family, I have a job and I play to enjoy myself... I don't play to waste time bartering with people who have no intention of actually trying to change things.

I don't find angry play pleasurable myself... others do, that's their call... I like the game for the PvP, the chatter and the tactics of it.

Fighting a war with only one town would bore me silly, sorry. I also like that FoM has gotten me a lot of mails from cool and mature players who genuinely like the idea of what we are doing and want their town members to have the best experience possible.

Let's all try to play a bit nice? I chat with "enemies" and am even on good terms with some, there's no need to be so angry and hateful. That's aimed at everyone, by the way.

Enjoy yourselves... if someone does something to you, shrug it off if you can... it probably has little to do with your anyway, you were just "there".

Bye for now :)

DeletedUser9891

For clarification, I wanted to know how you did it. It does look bad though. I myself would like those kind of numbers. Also, I thought tactics only helped when attacked, while appearance helped when attacking. If that is the case then premium does not explain it.

Tactics helps on defence duels, yes. It makes people miss.

Appearance works in the same way in offence duels... makes them miss.

Aim lands hits

Dodge helps you avoid hits

Shooting/Vigor does the damage

That's it. 5 skills. Get the right kit, boost your stats and you'll win far more than you ever lose. Worst targets are high level soldiers, unless you know they are all appearance.

And yeah it must look bad as I've had to explain myself a few times now. But as you saw, 239xp from D Saint who was many levels higher? Tactics ftw :)

DeletedUser

Oh, and we are NOT interested in forcing people out of the game... this is part of the reason the FoM was formed to stop people getting bullied out, and slow the number of ghost towns appearing.

I'm sorry you think I'm naive or that I think others are. And I'm sorry you feel anyone belonging to the Federation of Marshals are just bullies. It's to bad you can't believe anyone, even when they tell you the truth.:sad:

I'm afraid if it had been me in your shoes, when the war started with your town, I'd of left it. But hey if you decided to stay and be dueled time and time again then there is no one to blame but yourself. There were options open and available to you. :dry:

Sorry, couldn't help myself :laugh:

DeletedUser

He was posting what he would have done. Why do you all continue to try and keep things stirred up? :dry:

DeletedUser14280

Because it gets attention, I bet.
Have you seen the number of views on this thread?

DeletedUser

He was posting what he would have done. Why do you all continue to try and keep things stirred up? :dry:

I'm simply showing that through your ambitious rise to power, it is entirely possible that you've lost your core ideals and are simply focused on domination.
I mean, how can you claim to protect the weak when your alliance contains towns that have a mission to destroy the weak (or have names insinuating such a mission)?

How can you claim to stand against forcing people out through bullying, then suggest people leave their towns to escape from being bullied by you?

I'm not stirring anything up; it's simply food for thought. Are you the people standing up against the bullies, or have you become the bullies? To be honest I don't know/care, at least until I'm attacked by one of you.

DeletedUser

I'm simply showing that through your ambitious rise to power, it is entirely possible that you've lost your core ideals and are simply focused on domination.
I mean, how can you claim to protect the weak when your alliance contains towns that have a mission to destroy the weak (or have names insinuating such a mission)?

How can you claim to stand against forcing people out through bullying, then suggest people leave their towns to escape from being bullied by you?

I'm not stirring anything up; it's simply food for thought. Are you the people standing up against the bullies, or have you become the bullies? To be honest I don't know/care, at least until I'm attacked by one of you.

That's nice. Glad you feel that way.:)

Moving along at a snails pace. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.