The Ride of the Marshals - Sin City and Las Vegas burn

• Thread starter DeletedUser9891
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I think you need to contact the -FoM- leaders and let them know what is going on then. From my understanding we aren't suppose to be attacking builders, but I'm new to the -FoM- so I'm not too sure what all is going on.

DeletedUser13388

The Warrior Of The Light

The transitory and the definitive

All paths in the world lead to the warrior’s heart; he dives without hesitation into the river of passions, which flows unceasing through his life.

The warrior knows he is free to choose that which he desires; his decisions are taken with courage, detachment, and - at times - with a certain amount of madness.

Accept your passions and delight in them intensely. Know that one must not renounce the enthusiasm of the conquests; they are part of life, and please all who take part in them. But never lose sight of the enduring things, and the solid ties created by time.

A warrior knows how to distinguish between that which is transitory, and that which is definitive.

A type of strategy

A Chinese wise man says of the warrior of the light’s strategies:

“Make your enemy believe he will not benefit greatly, should he decide to attack you; thus, you diminish his enthusiasm.

“Do not be ashamed to withdraw temporarily from the battle, if you notice that the enemy is stronger; the important thing is not the single battle, but the outcome of the war.

“Nor should you be ashamed, if you are strong enough, to pretend to be weak; this will cause the enemy to be imprudent, and attack too soon.

“During a war, one’s capability to surprise the adversary is the key to victory.”

When to take risks

A warrior of the light, before entering an important combat, asks himself: “up to which point have I developed my skills?”

He knows that the battles fought in the past always provided him with a lesson. However, many of these teachings caused the warrior to suffer more than necessary. More than once, he wasted his time fighting for a lie.

But the victorious do not repeat the same mistake again.

A warrior cannot refuse to fight; but he also knows that he must not risk important feelings, in exchange for benefits which are not worthy of his love.

This is why the warrior only risks his heart from something worthwhile.

Belonging to the world

The warriors of the light maintain the glint in their eyes.

They are in the world, are part of the lives of others, and begin their journey with neither a bag nor sandals. Often they are cowardly. They do not always act correctly.

The warriors of the light suffer for useless things, act *****rdly, and sometimes believe they are incapable of growing. They frequently think they are unworthy of any sort of blessing or miracle.

The warriors of the light are not always sure about what it is they are doing here. They often stay up all night, thinking their lives have no meaning.

This is why they are warriors of the light. Because they err. Because they question. Because they seek a reason - and they will surely find it.

The best and the worst

A poet says: “the warrior of the light chooses his enemies.”

The warrior knows what he is capable of. He does not need to go around telling others of his qualities and virtues. Nevertheless - just like in the Old West - someone always comes along wanting to prove that he is the better man.

The warrior knows there is no “better” or “worse”: each has the gifts necessary for his individual journey.

But some people insist. They provoke, offend, do everything they can to irritate him. This is when then warrior’s heart says: “do not accept the insults, they will not increase your ability. You will tire unnecessarily.”

A warrior of the light does not waste his time listening to provocations; he has a destiny to fulfill.

Using one’s own madness

A warrior of the light studies very carefully the position he wishes to conquer.

However difficult his objective may be, there is always a way to overcome the obstacles. He verifies the alternative routes, sharpens his sword, and seeks to fill his heart with the perseverance necessary to face the challenge.

But, as he advances, the warrior realizes there are difficulties he had not foreseen at the outset.

If he waits for the ideal moment, he will never move from his position; he sees that a little madness is needed for the next step.

The warrior uses a little madness. Because - in war and in love - one cannot foresee everything.

Moving forward

The warrior of the light does not always have faith. There are times when he does not believe in anything at all.

And he asks his heart: “Will all the effort be worthwhile?”

But the heart remains silent. And the warrior must decide for himself.

So he seeks an example. And he remembers that Jesus endured something similar - in order to live the human condition in all its fullness.

“Take this cup away from me,” said Jesus. He too lost heart and his courage, but he did not stop.

The warrior of the light remains faithless.

But he moves forward nevertheless, and his faith will return

P.S.: I am not Warrior of the Light,i am Bandit :D.So i duel with everyone (duelling even with workers, big level workers,cause they are giving voer 100 xp).Judge me ;)

DeletedUser

DraGonFlyBG I was under the assumption that if you were a -FoM- member or belonged to one of it's towns that you weren't supposed to be picking on the builders ... unless of course you are at war with the town they are in ... even then I'm not to sure I would.

DeletedUser

I find it fascinating that a social movement that preaches against indiscriminate attacks, makes indiscriminate attacks.

I am an adventurer that had maybe 3 or 4 duels under my belt, and not all wins mind you. Yet, when the "marshals" come to town they target me. Now don't get me wrong, I'm up for a challenge and I have actually won most of those duels and am grateful for the 800+ experience I have been given without traveling to another town. (Kind of funny really...a peace-loving adventurer gunning down the "noble" marshals.)

What intrigues me is that the "marshals" seem to be as bad as the folks they condemn. I have no problem with it...its part of the game. But the "marshals" shouldn't be trying to claim some kind of moral high ground. Just play the game and have fun. I know I am. :)

I love the social experiment aspect of this game. Conflicts here mirror real life. Very fascinating indeed.

DeletedUser13388

I am attacking everyone,from who i can get over 100 xp.The jobs,that i am able to work,gives maximum 15% xp,so worker,soldier,dueler or adventure,i really dont care what type it is,if ican get alot xp.

DeletedUser

I am attacking everyone,from who i can get over 100 xp.The jobs,that i am able to work,gives maximum 15% xp,so worker,soldier,dueler or adventure,i really dont care what type it is,if ican get alot xp.
If this is the case then in my opinion you have no right to wear the badge of the marshals. Your town leaders need to dismiss you for breaking a code of conduct.

DeletedUser

DraGonFlyBG, I can respect that attitude. At least you're being honest about your motives. One objective of the game is to advance in level and ability...and you need exp to do that. I'm ok with that. Its a game after all. I wish you the best of luck.

DeletedUser

99.9% of the time I attack no one. I'm a peace loving builder who just wants to build a town. If I had wanted to duel I would have went with dueler. I find it funny and not funny ha ha, that DraGonFlyBG carries the -FoM- yet states he will do what he wants when he wants.

DeletedUser13388

Its exactly my point Lon Lothamer.I will stuck on my level for weeks,if i dont fight.I wish you best of luck too.

SmittenKitten,its The Wild West,its not UNICEF.Its supposed to be a fun game,with mass duels and wars.Some dueler is attacking some worker,then the soldier is attacking the dueler for revenge,then the dueler is going to get revenge from the soldier and etc..And mb there is starting War,which means mass fights,mass fun.Or the other solution is diplomacy,between both towns,however better War,than diplomacy,its The Wild Wild West ffs :).

And to get over 100 xp from some worker it means,that he is minimum 15 levels over me,so its not so much "unfair".And i dont think,that there is even a single dueler or soldier,who has never been attacked a worker.

Regards,DraGonFlyBG.

DeletedUser

I bet you couldn't beat this worker and even if you did it wouldn't be by much .. but regardless .. attacking workers still goes against the -FoM- rules unless you are at war with their town as far as I know.

DeletedUser14189

Its exactly my point Lon Lothamer.I will stuck on my level for weeks,if i dont fight.I wish you best of luck too.

SmittenKitten,its The Wild West,its not UNICEF.Its supposed to be a fun game,with mass duels and wars.Some dueler is attacking some worker,then the soldier is attacking the dueler for revenge,then the dueler is going to get revenge from the soldier and etc..And mb there is starting War,which means mass fights,mass fun.Or the other solution is diplomacy,between both towns,however better War,than diplomacy,its The Wild Wild West ffs :).

And to get over 100 xp from some worker it means,that he is minimum 15 levels over me,so its not so much "unfair".And i dont think,that there is even a single dueler or soldier,who has never been attacked a worker.

Regards,DraGonFlyBG.

All fair and well, but if you wanna have the benefits of a "great" alliance, you should also accept the downsides of it, which are the rules, obviously.

If you wanna be egocentric and do whatever you want, I think you have chosen the wrong town m8.:unsure:

DeletedUser9891

Thanks Dusty for bringing this to my attention, and Dekk for pointing out to Mr DraGonFlyBG that he is in fact breaching the terms of his town.

I've already messaged him ingame and the town leaders.

I expect to see a change of heart or apology here, as he obviously misunderstood the terms of the alliance.

Either that or he isn't a real dueler and goes for the easy targets :D

I've never attacked workers outside of war, or them being Ninja workers with +4 duel levels and a weapon, and my wins stats speak for themselves.

Keep choking on Togarth lately, her 11+ levels make her an awkward target, but I still frequently get 100+ xp from other duelers.

Maybe I expect too much of others?

As for the adventurer chap, which town are you from?

If you are from any of the LN towns, who are sadly bullies, and continue to farm workers without honour, then I'm afraid you need to take it up with your town leadership.

I tried, unscuccesfully, to broker a worker NAP, but they weren't interested. Their attitude is that it's funny and a good thing.

Fair play, but we continue to grow, and we'll continue to hammer them.

Those at in the higher eschelons don't really care, as they continue to level up nice and fast, some of the others have left the town or the world out of frustration, which could have been solved by leaving egos at the door and talking things over.

I got another 3 idiots banned last week for multi-accounting... a player from Greek Alliance who moved over to Sin City.

Get a grip, loser, I hope your loss of 3 x 30+ level characters hurt :D

Gotta go to work, but I stress again.... Federation of Marshals is an alliance... not an "Empire" like LN.

We are like minded people who stick to the unwritten rule of decency that many adhere to from Worlds 1-9... let the builders build, and the duelers fight.

Of course anyone can do as they wish, and we aren't here to form a Police state... but we WILL assist people who are being bullied, repeat farmed and abused (yeah, sad but true... shows the mentality of the majority of the "Pwnage Crew")

I would like to point out that I've had some chats with BattleMachine and Ryan Perez and they both come across as reasonable folks, we just have differences of opinion as to what is, and isn't, right.

The "War" will continue, our ranks grow, and people like DraGonFlyBG will either learn, or leave... probably to go somewhere like an LN town, which would quite frankly disappoint me, but I having watch TakashiMike roll over from being an LN hater and co-ordinating duels, to becoming their little puppy dog, it wouldn't be the first time.

Good luck out there people

Marshal KittenKicker

DeletedUser9891

Waste of time with some people.

He's a man because he duels workers 15 levels higher.

Situation resolved anyway

KittenKicker

Today at 9:43 AM moron, workers have 0 dodge, 0 reflex, 0 tactics... that makes you a man?

You're laughable.

DraGonFlyBG Today at 9:41 AM Elvemannen,talked with me already and i am ok with that to not hit workers.

However,i wont amend nothing,from my prev. posts.If you are hypocrisy guy,i am not from your kind.

And i paly like a man.I fight with everyone.Workers..big deal,i attack 15 lvls over me workers and its alot.However i will stop fight em,since he asked me and i didnt knew the code of FoM

And m8,be a man :)

Regards,DraGonFlyBG.

KittenKicker Today at 9:26 AM Stop hitting workers, or leave. If you don't think I can make it happen, try me out.

I'd also suggest you amend your post on the forums.

We don't need "your sort" :)

I've only hit a worker during war time, and check my duel stats.

Play like a man?

Marshal KittenKicker

DeletedUser13388

Ooo trust me i can and i am winning huge superiority ^^,if you want to try,just say when :D.

However,1 of my town bosses talked with me,and explained me that its against the code of FoM.So i will stop killing your kind.And i say sorry to all the workers and adventures,that i have killed :).

Regards,DraGonFlyBG.

DeletedUser13388

Holy crap,man how can you post a private messages,just like that.

And even flame me,eventough that i didnt say to you 1 bad word.

And you dare to blame me,that i am walking against the "Code Of Marshals".

Yeah i didnt knew about that code,but i did self-confession and i even appologized.But you...

You are just another one hypocrisy guy..a snake..nothing more.

And i bet that you are the same even in the Real Life.

Wish you good luck m8.

Regards,DraGonFlyBG.

P.S.:

Since after your last message,where you flame me,you have blocked me.Ok,i will post my last message to you here :

I am bigger man,than you ever will be m8.

You are just a Hypocrisy hater.Nothing more.

You dont deserve even to answer to you,you are jsut that kind of man,that i deeply hate in the real life.A hypocrisy,low-down guy...

Gl and HF.

Really...

Regards,DraGonFlyBG.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What is the big deal about attacking workers? When my worker gets KO'd I get 48 hrs of peace!

And KK, looking at your duel stats I would say that you only attack easy targets. Only 15 losses out of 275 duels? That does not add up to me. It "looks" like you are just an opportunistic bully using your "we are righteous" as an excuse to do whatever you want under the pretense that you are in a war. Admittedly, you attack people so much that they quit the game.

I just wish all you whiny types would get over it. It is no big deal for a worker to get KO'd. At least they can still carry on. When a dueler gets KO'd they are effectively out of business for two days. Which is worse?

DeletedUser14189

What is the big deal about attacking workers? When my worker gets KO'd I get 48 hrs of peace!

And KK, looking at your duel stats I would say that you only attack easy targets. Only 15 losses out of 275 duels? That does not add up to me. It "looks" like you are just an opportunistic bully using your "we are righteous" as an excuse to do whatever you want under the pretense that you are in a war. Admittedly, you attack people so much that they quit the game.

I just wish all you whiny types would get over it. It is no big deal for a worker to get KO'd. At least they can still carry on. When a dueler gets KO'd they are effectively out of business for two days. Which is worse?

Iggi, this isnt a discussion of whether it is appropriate or not to attack workers.

FoM has certain rules and their members should respect those.

DeletedUser

Ya, I suppose, but all of this bickering going on is ludicrous. And then, I see KK posts PM's, which is kind of a jerk maneuver, where he actually violates a real rule by calling names. I still stand by what I said when I said to get over it. Your FoM was supposedly created to help people have a pleasant playing experience and now, from what I am reading, you are driving people away.
If you want your utopian alliance then you should ask yourselves what it is you are really trying to accomplish and see how, where, and why you are now going wrong. Part of the initial problem was to prevent workers from being attacked, however, you have stipulations in place where sometimes it is ok and sometimes it is not. Do you realize how confusing that may be for someone who does not speak English very well? (which I commend all our bi-lingual players in this game for being able to use a second langauge so well)

DeletedUser

Due to the shear Size of FoM , the awkward communications dynamics of the game and the multi-lingual nature of the community , there will be slip ups and mistakes.

However that doesn't take anything away from the principle behind the FoM or the efforts of those behind the FoM to strive towards them ;)

DeletedUser14189

Iggy, again, noone will ever be forced to be a part of FoM. So when someone whishes not to be a part of this "Moralistic bullcrap", as some of you might call it, he shouldnt join a FoM Town.

Also let me note that I am not a part of FoM :p But I think when ppl want the benefits of something (a big alliance, good protection) they should take the downsides aswell (The rule to not attack workers unless at war).

Status
Not open for further replies.