Patrioticism

DeletedUser

no we also have the revoulutnary war were some dumb brits killed our men in masacares and were then over run by untrainined men with few supplys , the indian wars , the Civil war, WW1 WW2 and your list

Way to fail to read.

The question was major conflicts after WW2

DeletedUser

no we also have the revoulutnary war were some dumb brits killed our men in masacares and were then over run by untrainined men with few supplys
*sigh* I get tired of hearing about this. The Colonists only won because of some very heavy support from the Spanish, French, Dutch and native Americans.

DeletedUser

*sigh* I get tired of hearing about this. The Colonists only won because of some very heavy support from the Spanish, French, Dutch and native Americans.

And the British had 30,000 Hessians fighting for them, who went on to crush rebels in Ireland, what's your point?

DeletedUser

My point is that the Americans did very little of the actual fighting for their independence.

What's yours? It seems to be a pretty pointless statement.

DeletedUser

Vietnam war? You know where they sacraficed the lives of innocents for their own greed.

where do you get the whole innocents thing . the war was going on before any major intervention and quite frankly Vietnam should have and could have been won . Political micro management unfortinately prevented this from happening .

DeletedUser

I have to give credit to Ho Chi Minh. He came from being a waiter on a luxury liner, to the leader of a country which defeated the most powerful army in the world.

And his inspiration, as well as Karl Marx, was US President Woodrow Wilson.

DeletedUser

My point is that the Americans did very little of the actual fighting for their independence.

That is just idiotic. More Native Americans fought for the British than the colonists and European support was guns and funds, plus naval support, not troops. No one has downplayed the role of the French in the American Revolution. Benjamin Franklin's role in courting French support is taught in American elementary schools, not glossed over as you're implying.

DeletedUser

I fail to see how I implied that.

You're implying we're ignorant of our own history. Criticizing aspects of my country is one thing. I can't stand fundamentalism. I'm opposed to the war in Iraq and war in general, but like Denisero I am sick of blatant American bashing. We are not all the same.

DeletedUser

So I've heard this story a lot of times. That doesn't mean I expect everyone else to tell it to me.

Have I ever replied to one of Justin's ridiculous arguments with: "You're just saying that because you're American"? Or maybe "Elmyr will agree with that because he's American too!"?

Do you seriously think that's the kind of person I am?

DeletedUser

I think thealex90`S spelling is going to destroy our world. Or should we "leve thease" spelling errors to the fact that he is American?

DeletedUser

I think thealex90`S spelling is going to destroy our world. Or should we "leve thease" spelling errors to the fact that he is American?

I'm an American. Would you like to have a spelling bee? Wow, that sounded like a nerdy Bruce Lee.

DeletedUser

I wanna take a crack at it.

All depends on if the word is actually used outside of a dictionary >.>

Example 1: Me trying to read Hellstromm's posts :p

DeletedUser

Way to fail to read.

The question was major conflicts after WW2

Well I'm guessing someone got their panties in a bunch since I got the following attepted rep: "Dumb ass".

Seriously guessing thats you "thealex" wth is wrong with you? You made an error I corrected you, grow up.

anyways, Spelling bee FTW :D

EDIT:

Vietnam war? You know where they sacraficed the lives of innocents for their own greed.

That was on the original list ;)