DeletedUser

Show the patrioticism you have for
You'r Country!

my sig will be my first post =):unsure:​

DeletedUser

Living history FTW.
Picture019.jpg

DeletedUser

yes it is, cause then when folks eat theyr they get fat =)
Jk

usa has a president with big ears!

DeletedUser

America was the first country to nuke two cities thus killing hundreds of thousands, and cursing generations.

DeletedUser

and we should be proud of that it ended a war and i stopped the death of solders everywhere, curseing generaitions? dont think so they deserved the bombings, hear of peral harbour? and it was an atom bomb no a nuke

DeletedUser

You might want to use your dictionary kid.

Sure, be proud of the murdering of 200k+ civilians in one quick sweep.

Yeah, I heard of Pearl Harbour, but I never heard of 'peral' harbour.

I should be in for a treat when you attempt to explain the diffrence between a nuke and "an atom(ic) bomb".

DeletedUser

i am with john rose on this one.... i am proud of our army and military forces.... but how we use it.... not so much

DeletedUser

I'm proud of GITMO and Abu Ghraib.

I have a different view from some on Patriotism, however.

How Patriotism seems to be used by many...

“Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.” -- George Bernard Shaw

“Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons.” -- Bernard Russell

How I view TRUE Patriotism

“Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” -- Mark Twain

"'My country, right or wrong’ is a thing no patriot would ever think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying ‘My mother, drunk or sober.'" -- Gilbert K. Chesterton

DeletedUser

"Patriotism is the virtue of the wicked."
~Oscar Wilde

Last edited by a moderator:

nashy19

Nashy (as himself)
Wales in a small place yet Welsh people seem to do pretty much everything.

For Oisin:
Saint Patrick was not Irish :D (you should know where he came from)

For Americans:
A Welshman settled in America before Columbus and America took it's name from a welshmen.

For Canadians:
Canada was mapped by a Welshman

For Moral Onion Followers:
The Welsh emblem was a pungent vegetable (a leek) part of the Onion fmaily.

For Sheep Lovers:
Wales is the most valuable sheep raising area in Europe :laugh:

we can has cool flag?
2h5416s.png

Yeah there's loads of facts, but nothing says great like building and living in a house all in the same day :bandit:

Patriot enough?

DeletedUser

Adelei Niska said:
How I view TRUE Patriotism

“Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” -- Mark Twain

"'My country, right or wrong’ is a thing no patriot would ever think of saying except in a desperate case. It is like saying ‘My mother, drunk or sober.'" -- Gilbert K. Chesterton

I completely agree with you.

Patriotism is the love of your land and heritage.

Nationalism is when you will do anything for your government.

What these men describe is not patriotism but is nationalism:
Adelei Niska said:
“Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.” -- George Bernard Shaw

“Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons.” -- Bernard Russell