Patrioticism

DeletedUser8950

Just some stats I found on likeliness to be killed by terrorisim.

You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack
You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack
You are six times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack
You are eight times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack
You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane
You are 87 times more likely to drown than die in a terrorist attack
You are 404 times more likely to die in a fall than from a terrorist attack
You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack
You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack
You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack
You are nine times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack
You are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

That last one is pretty good for putting things in perspective.

DeletedUser

Just some stats I found on likeliness to be killed by terrorisim.

You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack
You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack
You are six times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack
You are eight times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack
You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane
You are 87 times more likely to drown than die in a terrorist attack
You are 404 times more likely to die in a fall than from a terrorist attack
You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack
You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack
You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack
You are nine times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack
You are eight times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

That last one is pretty good for putting things in perspective.
only one answer <LOL> :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

DeletedUser

I don't think it works in a place where the IRA are so active. Recently, they've been particularly dangerous.

DeletedUser

Sorry to revive ancient posts, but Elmyr doesn't get much aggro from me, so I think he can take it.
1) More Native Americans fought for the British than the colonists
2) and European support was guns and funds, plus naval support, not troops.
3) No one has downplayed the role of the French in the American Revolution.
4) And the British had 30,000 Hessians fighting for them, who went on to crush rebels in Ireland.

1) Most of the Iroquois confederacy sided with the loyalists, but the rebels had significant native support. That's all I said.

2) There were some French troops fighting alongside rebels in the Southern theatre of the war. The Caribbean and other naval conflicts, which stretched to the bay of Bengal, were fought almost entirely by US allies. "Naval support" is hardly the right term to describe this scale of conflict.

3) Plenty of people have. Just because you don't do something, doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

4) You and I clearly have different definitions of "to crush a rebellion". As far as I'm concerned, crushed rebellions don't continue to fight for 150 years.

DeletedUser

^ my opinion= we take all wars including Vietnam and Iraq and American revolution and Korea war and ...... as highly because of media most of Media is US they show they do good to do war and have better weapons some programs are i will not mention names that show how easily there planes destroy the migs and they are advanced but thats not true.
War of India and Pakistan-Sudden attack of Pakistan on India they always show aggression but india also take steps.India send there Russian Sukoes and Migs against Pakistan's US F-16s and other India maintained air control VERY EASILY IN 2 DAYS over all of Pakistan even do not let there planes out of hanger.proves that US are not better

DeletedUser

The Irish army refuses to be involved in any conflicts, except for UN Peacekeeping.

And if you have to have an army, that's the best kind to have.

DeletedUser

^ my opinion= we take all wars including Vietnam and Iraq and American revolution and Korea war and ...... as highly because of media most of Media is US they show they do good to do war and have better weapons some programs are i will not mention names that show how easily there planes destroy the migs and they are advanced but thats not true.
War of India and Pakistan-Sudden attack of Pakistan on India they always show aggression but india also take steps.India send there Russian Sukoes and Migs against Pakistan's US F-16s and other India maintained air control VERY EASILY IN 2 DAYS over all of Pakistan even do not let there planes out of hanger.proves that US are not better

i think US education system is wasting money on you...

DeletedUser

The Irish army refuses to be involved in any conflicts, except for UN Peacekeeping.

And if you have to have an army, that's the best kind to have.

Just like the Belgian army did and still do. (The Blue Helmets)

DeletedUser

^i do not know much about Belgian army but i know Waterloo is in Belgium where a great battle is fought that decides the fate of Europe French or British(+ allies) Napoleon or Arthur Wesley, British muskets or French cavalry,Elite redcoats or Imperial Guards (sorry i get much enthusiastic)

DeletedUser

You mean tall, blond and blue eyes bk?
or the speaker of an indo-iranian language :)