WSOTW - Week 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I can code one on west stats, think that'd be the safest option. I can add as many as needed there. That ok?

DeletedUser

I'd rather have it done on here. Especially becuase we need to see who voted for what....

DeletedUser

I like the ones with pretty ladies on.
Quiz question; Whose banner/sig/ whatever has a painting by Caspar David Friedriech on?

DeletedUser

Well I made up this signature (generic) and I know someone is using it on these forums, but I can't recall the name right now. But the picture is by Caspar David Friedriech:

wanderer.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Here are my opinion:

gold2to8.png

Imaloser, you kinda put me down this time.

attachment.php

Sparklo, you really made yours Sparkle!!!

signaturetext4.png

Mr. Guns, I like your idea about the California Gold Rush...

Remember, this are only an opinion of one player. You don't need to be mad about his opinions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems like there are a lot of competitors. There are some awesome ones too...

This will be another tough competition!!!

I hate tough competition...in the same way, I like the challenging part of choosing...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yea i don't think mine is very good either: the pan is sloppy and i should have added a tad more colour or made the line bolder, but then again since im not very good with gimp yet im using plain ol' paint and it's rather tough to extract/cut-out the images without them looking blockish like the pan in this sig

if some one could send me the read-me for gimp it would be much aprciated as mine downloaded without it for some reason or another:dry:

DeletedUser

yea i don't think mine is very good either: the pan is sloppy and i should have added a tad more colour or made the line bolder, but then again since im not very good with gimp yet im using plain ol' paint and it's rather tough to extract/cut-out the images without them looking blockish like the pan in this sig

if some one could send me the read-me for gimp it would be much aprciated as mine downloaded without it for some reason or another:dry:

Anyway, I will be looking forward for your next weeks Sig.

DeletedUser

tenesseecraftsmanax7.png

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

I like the new Sig . ! The banner is nice touch as well , congratulations !

DeletedUser1105

I wish I could mkae sigs like these. You are all very talented.

DeletedUser

tenesseecraftsmanax7.png

I like the new Sig . ! The banner is nice touch as well , congratulations !

Thank you. I am dabbling. I have not really found one I am totally satisfied with. I have done another one but will not change it for a while yet as I will still be dabbling and may come up with something better.

DeletedUser

it looks really good tennessee. But the poll would be great, I think we should make the poll at west stats and rely on that everyone is honest and will not vote for theirselves

DeletedUser

Sorry for getting off track.

OK lets see if we can find a legal loophole here.

Problem:
1. We can only have ten in the poll...OK.
2. Gem say we can't have 3-4 WSOTW titles on the forum. So how to split the entries?

Noticed:
At current there is only 1 title on page 1 in the Saloon, but a question. Gem says 3-4 WSOTW titles on the forum. What does that mean exactly? Is that the entire forum, just the Saloon? I just counted 7 threads under the Saloon. One each for the topic and poll for the last 3 WSOTW competitions plus this one.
Perhaps we could get some clarification on that.

Possible solutions:
Could we not, if need be, hold the polls as a split under a different designation such as: Competition Showdown? A short stint should be able to give an idea about those that stand a chance to endure a long run, then the actual voting taking the top ten...

It has been a long time since I was an asst admin on a forum and cannot recall exactly though it seems I have run into this situation afore... but is it possible to increase the amount allowed for the poll by coding it as such? If so, who is the person to do so?

Food for thought as I do some more research...

DeletedUser

Sorry for getting off track.

OK lets see if we can find a legal loophole here.

Problem:
1. We can only have ten in the poll...OK.
2. Gem say we can't have 3-4 WSOTW titles on the forum. So how to split the entries?

Noticed:
At current there is only 1 title on page 1 in the Saloon, but a question. Gem says 3-4 WSOTW titles on the forum. What does that mean exactly? Is that the entire forum, just the Saloon? I just counted 7 threads under the Saloon. One each for the topic and poll for the last 3 WSOTW competitions plus this one.
Perhaps we could get some clarification on that.

Possible solutions:
Could we not, if need be, hold the polls as a split under a different designation such as: Competition Showdown? A short stint should be able to give an idea about those that stand a chance to endure a long run, then the actual voting taking the top ten...

It has been a long time since I was an asst admin on a forum and cannot recall exactly though it seems I have run into this situation afore... but is it possible to increase the amount allowed for the poll by coding it as such? If so, who is the person to do so?

Food for thought as I do some more research...

Gem is it possible to merge the Old poll threads with their respective Competition threads ? As in merge 2 topics together ?

That would reduce the actual number of WSOTW topics on the forum. I know that is a very minor consideration, but it could reduce the confusion somewhat.

DeletedUser

What I am doing right now is locking the old WSOTW entry threads, and when the polls are done and a new entry thread is up I lock the poll threads.

This is to stop about 3/4 threads just on WSOTW being in the saloon! Which I think is reasonable - if any of you think otherwise give me a PM and I'll think about it.

As for the poll, I honestly think that a no spam thread should be set up (I will clean it if it happens) Where the sigs are listed, and people just put one name in their post for the signature they are voting for. It is then counted up that way. That's the only solution I know right now, as I do not know if I am able to bypass the rule of ten options in a poll- I will find out!

DeletedUser

That sounds reasonable to me, and a very simple solution, thank you Gem !

DeletedUser

As for the poll, I honestly think that a no spam thread should be set up (I will clean it if it happens) Where the sigs are listed, and people just put one name in their post for the signature they are voting for. It is then counted up that way. That's the only solution I know right now, as I do not know if I am able to bypass the rule of ten options in a poll- I will find out!

~bumping this ~

Status
Not open for further replies.