Version 1.16

DeletedUser

i saw after i posted there was a thread on this but it still pertains to this thread so i dont feel bad but thanks for the info

DeletedUser363

I read on the Danish forum that the quests update will be on January 26th. Don't know if its the same for us.

DeletedUser

I really like the timer and I REALLY like the current job being linked to your location.

I wonder if they will add a way to show you the job you are going to. Like making the location red instead of blue.

DeletedUser

I really like the timer and I REALLY like the current job being linked to your location.

I wonder if they will add a way to show you the job you are going to. Like making the location red instead of blue.

I'm happy too, and I hope they just make it so that we can click on the icon for the next job in our queue and it will move the map view there. I think that would solve things easily.

DeletedUser

yes it is supposed to be at the end of a job...but not before payout is figured. Meaning we thought we had 100% motivation...but...only had 94% motivation. As no one can have 100% motivation in a job. That also means 6% less money and experience.

Yogi-
Has someone made a research on that or it's just an unsupported statement? There is an easy way to proof that it's true or wrong. get a job with 60%+ salary and do it untill you get your motivation to 2-4%, then do that job for 2h and if you earn something, then it's not true, otherwise it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Has someone made a research on that or it's just an unsupported statement? There is an easy way to proof that it's true or wrong. get a job with 60%+ salary and do it untill you get your motivation to 2-4%, then do that job for 2h and if you earn something, then it's not true, otherwise it is.

That's not easy for me; my highest char is only 21. :dry:

But, you're right. That's a foolproof test.

DeletedUser

Just wanted to revisit this topic and say that I didn't notice any difference in my item drop rate after the motivation change in version 1.16.

I mean I didn't notice exact stats really... but I still do get item drops pretty regularly ^^

Products received after jobs also didn't seem to decline.

Or did they not implement it?

DeletedUser

Nothing effects the in-game stated product (ie: berries) drop rate (except Adv Class) and the update was regarding the amount of loot items (ie: boots).

DeletedUser

Nothing effects the in-game stated product (ie: berries) drop rate (except Adv Class) and the update was regarding the amount of loot items (ie: boots).

Yeah that's what I interpreted it as too. But what I am saying is that I dont see the update affecting my item drop rate. I have been getting loads of woolly hats of diff colors in the 2 worlds I play. One every other day, along with other random items. ^^

So I was wondering if anyone else felt a marked difference?

DeletedUser

My understanding was that with reduced motivation, the value of loot iktems was reduced, not the drop rate. So now I'm confused.

I've been having a dry spell on all the worlds since the updatee, but I don't think it is because of the update. Just the way the cookie crumbles.

DeletedUser

I've found loads of good stuff, but I never rerally ride the motivation too far either.

DeletedUser3741

The wording of the update is poor

Not to mention that not even the head mod knows exactly what the change was apparently since even the description he received was vague

DeletedUser

But what I am saying is that I dont see the update affecting my item drop rate. I have been getting loads of woolly hats of diff colors in the 2 worlds I play. One every other day, along with other random items. ^^

So I was wondering if anyone else felt a marked difference?

If you do 2x2 hour shifts starting at 100% Motivation the overall less amount of items (like boots) you'd get is around 1% less items.

I'm basing that off of a 10-15% base drop rate for 2 hour shifts which is just a guess on my part. If it's 20% base rate then the total less items you'd get is 2% ...

Would any of you be able to notice a 1 or 2% change in Money if they made a change and didn't announce it ?

DeletedUser

My understanding was that with reduced motivation, the value of loot iktems was reduced, not the drop rate. So now I'm confused.

I've been having a dry spell on all the worlds since the updatee, but I don't think it is because of the update. Just the way the cookie crumbles.

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=10883

"Motivation will influence the chance of getting an item."

Pretty clear to me the the drop rate was changed ...

The cookie crumbling part you got right though - as I said in the post above .. its impossible to "see" a change of 1% unless you've done 10,000+ attempts.

I don't know why it's so confusing to people to understand that the base drop rate is already very low so reducing it by 11% (2x2 hour shifts starting at 100% Motivation to 89%) is in total a very small overall reduction.

DeletedUser

You are probably right Whistlingleaf. Imperceptible change. lol

I wonder why then did they bother to tweak it? Giving you a little less each day for your money ^^ hehe

DeletedUser

What I've been wondering is why they don't give us detailed patch/update logs.
The way it is done now is rather... well... stupid.

DeletedUser

Um if you read the link above it tells you what the updates are ...

I believe the reason they made the change is Motivation is supposed to effect the value of an item ... but I've seen people with single digit Motivation doing 90% Luck jobs and still getting very expensive items. So it is my belief that Motivation was not working properly for "value of items" so they changed it so items drops would be very rare for those guys running Motivation down to the ground.

DeletedUser

And then there are people like me doing transporting amunition as an adventurer and still getting crappy drops.

DeletedUser

Um if you read the link above it tells you what the updates are ...

I believe the reason they made the change is Motivation is supposed to effect the value of an item ... but I've seen people with single digit Motivation doing 90% Luck jobs and still getting very expensive items. So it is my belief that Motivation was not working properly for "value of items" so they changed it so items drops would be very rare for those guys running Motivation down to the ground.

Yes, it tells us in vague ways what the updates are, but I'm kinda used to more precise changelogs.

MIght be I dont' read them closely enough though.