Version 1.16

DeletedUser3741

Motivation will influence the chance of getting an item.

Im a bit amazed no one is complaining about this

This will be a pretty huge impact on your chance to get items, not to mention an instant 6% reduction if you do jobs in 2 hour bursts.

DeletedUser

It's one or the other:

Morthy posted it 6 hours ago - most of the US is asleep except a select few ^^ (who should really go to bed imo)

No one really reads the details of the update (and that includes me)

No one understood it really to complain...

and since now you're starting a thread on it, hell yeah, I am sure this new feature in the update will probably not be welcomed with open arms.

Though, what I did notice for the past few days is that I seem to be getting more item drops from jobs than say, 2 weeks ago.

I don't have stats to back that up but I get maybe 2-3 items a day compared to 2-3 items a week previously.

Maybe an attempt to balance things out before this change?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

My item drops seem to suck in comparison. I think they assign me a sucky rng whenever I register for a new world.

DeletedUser

My item drops seem to suck in comparison. I think they assign me a sucky rng whenever I register for a new world.

lol kroesus, no kidding?

that sucks ^^

so my theory is incorrect or you've been praying too much. haha

okay.... this motivation change is meant to screw us twice over after they altered the job skill pt requirement and now this.

DeletedUser

1. Motivation has always supposed to have effected the value of an item drop like boots or guns. I have talked with some people who have said they got some very expensive items from doing 90% Luck jobs while they had very low Motivation which is contrary to what it says in-game.

2. Motivation has nothing to do with the chance of getting a product drop like berries or Newspapers.

I know 1+2 will surprise some of you but go read the in-game mouseover for "Luck". It isn't worded very well so it is kinda confusing unless you really read it carefully. (I think most people read it incorrectly...)

What the v1.16 update is saying is that it will now effect the chance of getting an item like boots or guns to drop.

I am a little surprised they added that in on v1.16 for us since the German worlds did not get that update and they've had v1.16 for a ~couple of weeks... perhaps they are compensating by lowering item drop rate since the Motivation lowering item value doesn't seem to be working.

Also 6% less chance of getting an item top drop sounds like alot but in actuality ending a second two hour session at 89% Motivation probably only lowers your chance around 1%, since items drop at around 10% or less of the time from a 2 hour job.

DeletedUser

I am a little surprised they added that in on v1.16 for us since the German worlds did not get that update and they've had v1.16 for a ~couple of weeks... perhaps they are compensating by lowering item drop rate since the Motivation lowering item value doesn't seem to be working.

All the language markets receive the same updates. Germany only got 1.16 on the 13th.

DeletedUser

Do the German Worlds know Motivation now effects the chance of item drops ? This is the official German release regarding v1.16 ... I don't see anything there about Motivation.

http://209.85.173.102/translate_c?h...=13800&usg=ALkJrhilyIeUAqRHMd1FBo2M6etH271pcw

Please edit out my link after you've checked it out...

Second edit: posted wrong link first time ...don't know how that happened.

I don't know, I only manage the International version :)

The exact line from the internal changelog is: "motivation now decreases the luck to get an item"

DeletedUser

motivation is bugged...so we are getting hit twice.

Motivation calculates before payout at the end of a job...sooooo...we start off with a 6% loss in an item drop. I have a thread on this in the bugged section.

Yogi-

DeletedUser

Motivation does calculate at the end of the job but I don't see how that is a bug, since that is the intention of how Motivation works ...

Also we don't really know if Motivation is lowering the value of the item as it was intended... 90% Luck and 17% Motivation should give out less valuable items then at 100% Motivation, but I've seen evidence to the contrary.

DeletedUser3741

The exact line from the internal changelog is: "motivation now decreases the luck to get an item"

By my own and whistlingleaf's observation of item drops (where you can get expensive items at low motivation) does this mean that the 'intended' reduce value of items at lower motivation is only now going to be applied and thats what the change will be

or

Will we see a reduced chance of finding items in the first place

DeletedUser

yes it is supposed to be at the end of a job...but not before payout is figured. Meaning we thought we had 100% motivation...but...only had 94% motivation. As no one can have 100% motivation in a job. That also means 6% less money and experience.

Yogi-

DeletedUser3741

yes it is supposed to be at the end of a job...but not before payout is figured. Meaning we thought we had 100% motivation...but...only had 94% motivation. As no one can have 100% motivation in a job. That also means 6% less money and experience.

Yogi-

Yep, this was realized months ago during calculations to find XP percentage

DeletedUser

Talamare - good question.

Yogi - yes we know how Motivation works for money and XP and presumably so do the developers who created game. If you want less of a Motivation hit do 30 minute work segments ...

DeletedUser363

I always though that motivation affected luck, up until the point when I got a valuable item at 56% motivation doing transporting ammo.

DeletedUser

I'd just like to add:

That's a nice little touch, putting the 'work timer' in the browser tab name. Inspired by Gmail?
Whichever bright spark in the team thought of that, they deserves an extra doughnut.

*golf clap*

DeletedUser

on the minimap there is a new diamond for quest giver but i cant find one what is this used for?