v1.19 update !

DeletedUser11353

For example I have my own town in World 7 and as of now, including myself there is only one other member.
Since I am a builder on that World I construct all of the buildings which makes it difficult to spend money on the items for sale at my tailor and general store
So what I think should be done is the following:
Founders of towns should get a 50% price reduction on all items in the general store, gunsmith and tailor
Councilors get a 25% discount on all items in the general store, gunsmith and tailor
I think that would really help people out when striving to get the higher priced items...

NO NO AND NO, you can promote everybody to get a discount for items, think before postin some stupid idea

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
I think the lack of communication in this game (primarily out of a lack of much anyone can do short of retaliating for a duel) is bad enough already. Forcing people to stop in town to read what others posted when they happened to be in town (and thereby all but limiting communication to only those times people are going to bed or waking up) is frankly stupid and should get much more attention than an "Other changes" side note. How exactly does this _improve_ the game??

On the other hand, _adding_ a "bulletin board" that pops up for people to see when they arrive in town and prompts people to add something to it might be nice touch and might accomplish what you are going for without detracting from the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I think the lack of communication in this game (primarily out of a lack of much anyone can do short of retaliating for a duel) is bad enough already. Forcing people to stop in town to read what others posted when they happened to be in town (and thereby all but limiting communication to only those times people are going to bed or waking up) is frankly stupid and should get much more attention than an "Other changes" side note. How exactly does this _improve_ the game??

On the other hand, _adding_ a "bulletin board" that pops up for people to see when they arrive in town and prompts people to add something to it might be nice touch and might accomplish what you are going for without detracting from the game.

I'm fairly sure it just means the town forum button won't appear if you do not belong to a town.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
I'm fairly sure it just means the town forum button won't appear if you do not belong to a town.

Ok, if "in" means "a member of" as opposed to "present at" then my objection is moot (though, the bulletin board still sounds like a good idea :) )

DeletedUser

ok I don't know if this has been asked because I only looked at the first few posts.

but * The town forum link is not shown if you are not in a town.
does this mean that you have to be in a town to see your own town's fourm. if so that would be a pain in the but

o wow never mind it was posted above me

DeletedUser

If you wear more than one item from a grouped set of items (for example gray rags, gray shoes) you will receive an extra skill bonus
I hope my skills will not messed up

DeletedUser

I'm just wondering, I saw the clothing category called "Mexican," and this got me thinking: will they add sombreros in The West? We already have ponchos (those are cool), so why not have Mexican sombreros? There can be different types too, I guess, as well as colors.

DeletedUser

Town forum update - big no

well the update sounds fine, except for the town forum .. :( most people quit here cause most town forums are deads and literally there is no one to talk to much about, so rather than improving on that, you are trying to kill the running town forums .. thats the only way for all town folk to interact with each other continously ....

Also, i agree it gives a more real time feel, ie if you use the town forum as a notice board, so only when you come to town you can view it.

In our case it is definatly more than that, it is a place to interact with our town members and to organise and take care of problems etc occuring at our town.

DeletedUser

For the last time people

THE FORUM CHANGE MEANS THE TOWN FORUM BUTTON WILL NOT BE VISIBLE IF YOU ARE NOT A TOWN RESIDENT

It does NOT mean that you cannot view the town forum if you are OUTSIDE of the town you are a resident of.

DeletedUser

Or for those of you who still don't get it...

If you do not belong to a town there is no reason for you to have a tab on your screen that says Town Forum. You won't have that tab on your screen until you become a member of a town. Once you are a member of a town that tab will be on your screen no matter where on the map you are.

Don't get all upset MadAlice. It amazes me how many people have no reading comprehension skills.

DeletedUser

oops my bad

i saw it was addressed before, but didnt read the last 2 pages before posting .. :)
I liked that Bulletin board idea. Seriously this game, is good, but the huge lack of communication and tools, should be addressed more seriously, just like it has been done in the sister game, TW. the internal forums have been greatly improved to even allow inter tribe communication, we can allow inter town communications here too. Many big towns have 3-4 towns under the same banner, makes things more interesting this way.

i hope updates improve on communication aspects too. Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think the type-specific items are unfair. Do prospectors get items also? Or just that other group?

DeletedUser

I'm just wondering, I saw the clothing category called "Mexican," and this got me thinking: will they add sombreros in The West? We already have ponchos (those are cool), so why not have Mexican sombreros? There can be different types too, I guess, as well as colors.

If we get Sombrero's, then can we get some nacho's as a product for something? There's nothing like eating Nachos in a Sombrero.

Oh, and all that stuff about the update looks cool too. :p I think I'll spend all my money on stuff now though while I'm off my town, so I can properly kick myself later when the new stuff comes out. :bandit:

DeletedUser

I think the type-specific items are unfair. Do prospectors get items also? Or just that other group?

Nobody said the items will be pic-specific (after all there is no gentleman or dancer anyway). They might not even be class-specific, though greenhorns won't be able to wear them.

DeletedUser

The greenhorn's speed bonus is okay, it saves noobs lots of time spend on travelling from a tobacco to a corn field. And since it doesn't stack with mounts it's pretty useless later on.