Use the IFBC branch to test PvP balancing

cpt.N3M0

my personal problem is not about the fact that sniper are slim and they maybe more usefull as tank...
the idea is that they re usefull as snipers but they are not moving anywhere , they dont move either because
they have multiple account with multiple fort fight or because they re too afraid to die...
but they are the glasscannon sooooo.... it is what it is ... only few dueller moves...

its 2 month that i try to pull off this manovre on my FF but the duellers doesnt move from the north trench...
i think we need more method of cohercition from the general to the player now is either you re in or you re a traitor...
we need some in between , is a game and there must be free will but the ff leaders are those who try to spice up things..
i dont mean only cohercition but also ways to show strategy better , for exaple if i post the url of west stats on the topic
it will show dark on dark.... cmon...

let give a minus 5 in attack to a dueller :D

also i wanna point out that we miss consumable that boost resistance... what is the pro about booby traps for tanks?
50-70 dmg ? you do less than 3500 dmg each times... give me 70 res more and i will tank 20 shot more

RaiderTr

also i wanna point out that we miss consumable that boost resistance
Yea we emphasized that when new Buffs were coming and several times after that.

Damage bonus makes sense but the issue is, it doubles (or goes even higher) in the hands of Damager builds.
So say, Viewfinders will provide like 100-160 extra to Damagers.

Which makes me think Booby Traps should've had Damage, Defense and Resist buff.
Of course might as well make that Defense bonus "sector-wide" stackable few times, or something.

The issue is though, while Resistance barely "helps" against Damagers.. soon enough Tanks won't be able to Damage each other and we will see "tickling" instead.

Meanwhile, other buffs like Amulets, Hushpuppies etc should've been buffed long time ago.

Last edited:

cpt.N3M0

we also may need a checkeing box where player signing in for fort fight can tell the ff leader
if they will be offline or online

RaiderTr

I've some.. ideas/suggestions! for Formulas.
Damage:
( Weapon Damage + Buff + Sector Damage ) x ( 1 + max(0, (Leadership^0.7 - |MaxHealth ÷ 10 - (Leadership)|^0.6) ÷ 120) )

Resistance:
Resistance Bonus + ( (Skill1)^0.7 − |MaxHealth ÷ 10 − (Skill1)|^0.6 ) ÷ 2

Hit Chance (Attack)
25 + Leadership^0.5 + Aiming^0.55 + (Skill1)^0.6 + Multiplayer Attack + Sector Attack + High Ground Bonus - Distance Penalty

Dodge Chance (Defense)
10 + Leadership^0.5 + Dodging^0.55 + (Skill1)^0.6 + Multiplayer Defence + Sector Defence + High Ground Bonus

These should fix/penalise; "Leadership spam" as well as "everything on Hp" while comparatively rewarding mid-Range Hp Tanks (10-15k) .

For Comparison:
Damage:
( Weapon Damage + Buff + Sector Damage ) x ( 1 + [Leadership ÷ MaxHealth] )

Resistance:
300 × (Skill1) ÷ MaxHealth + Resistance Bonus

Hit Chance (Attack)

25 + Leadership^0.5 + Aiming^0.5 + (Skill1)^0.6 + Multiplayer Attack + Sector Attack + High Ground Bonus - Distance Penalty

Dodge Chance (Defense)
10 + Leadership^0.5 + Dodging^0.5 + (Skill1)^0.6 + Multiplayer Defence + Sector Defence + High Ground Bonus

> Skill1 refers to Hiding/Traps
> "Distance" calculated as a hypotenuse if its not a straight line to the target. And it's powered by ^1.4.
> High ground bonus (or penalty) is calculated as a percentage of your Attack/Defense value
> Defenders aren't immune to Flag penalties
Damage:
( Weapon Damage + Buff + Sector Damage ) x ( 1 + [max(0, (min(Skill1, Leadership, Aiming)^0.8 + median(Skill1, Leadership, Aiming)^0.7 + max(Skill1, Leadership, Aiming)^0.6 − |MaxHealth ÷ 10 − mean(Skill1, Leadership, Aiming)|^0.6) ÷ 400)] )

Resistance:
Temporary
100 × (Skill1 + Leadership + Dodging) ÷ MaxHealth + Resistance Bonus

Second
Resistance Bonus + [max(0, (min(Skill1, Leadership, Dodging)^0.8 + median(Skill1, Leadership, Dodging)^0.7 + max(Skill1, Leadership, Dodging)^0.6 − |MaxHealth ÷ 10 − mean(Skill1, Leadership, Dodging)|^0.6) ÷ 3)]

These should fix/penalise; "Leadership spam" as well as "everything on Hp" while comparatively rewarding mid-Range Hp Tanks (10-15k) .

For more:

Last edited:

cpt.N3M0

i think that you re a bit biased by the role that you re playing...
i am biased because i like to play as a resistance soldier but
if tanks keep gettting low damage sooner or later they will not be able
to do anything... tanks need more damage and duellers need a bit less...
the focus should be on resistance and damage formula putting a band filter
on the equation that allow both classes to be balanced ... keeping full resistance
soldier would be an added bonus ;)

RaiderTr

That's exactly what those suggested formulas would do.
Except, "No Hp Full Resistance" won't be a thing and Inno doesn't want that anyway. Besides, Very-High Hp won't have more Damage than now.
Mid-Range Hp will though.