Upgrade Character Class

DeletedUser1105

I can't see a reason why this couldn't be introduced.

Basically, you could increase the character class benefits by 50% once someone reached level 100 (provided the level cap is removed, of course).

The argument of duellers masquerading as workers and stuff doesn't equate here. They chose that class, so are stuck with the benefits of that class. Tough luck.

DeletedUser

I see the point in this idea, and its not bad. Once you reach level 50, your class bonuses go up by 50% or somthing? That could work and would be rewarding to the people who are somewhat serious about this game.

DeletedUser1105

I would make it a much higher level than 50, but that's just my personal opinion.

DeletedUser

Yea, your right. Im still thinking in terms of W9 and 8. But for like 1 it would have to be 90, and we cant just have it diffrent. If it would be impliment, which it probably wont, Id say 80. Like it, but probs not gonna happen.

DeletedUser

i can't see a reason why this couldn't be introduced.

Basically, you could increase the character class benefits by 50% once someone reached level 100 (provided the level cap is removed, of course).

The argument of duellers masquerading as workers and stuff doesn't equate here. They chose that class, so are stuck with the benefits of that class. Tough luck.

qft

DeletedUser

Maybe the rankings could change every 20 levels. Soldier rankings would be something like private, lieutenant, captain, and colonel. Workers could be apprentice, ranch hand, craftsman, and jack of all trades. Adventurers could be scout, woodsman, tracker, and trailblazer. Duellers could be young gun, gunslinger, quickdraw, and sharpshot. Each rank would increase your class bonuses slightly, but in the end it would give you the same boost as the original idea, just more gradually.

DeletedUser

I would make it a much higher level than 50, but that's just my personal opinion.

Well, level 100 would be so far away as to seem pointless if you're at lower levels. Happens to me with Pokemon all the time. I get bored before getting anywhere near

What if there were three levels for each character class? Normal (Lvl 10), Expert (Lvl 55) and Master (Lvl 100)?

DeletedUser

Could work. Norm 10, Advanced 50, expert 75, master 100? Each upgrade (besides 10, since thats norm) increases it by 33.3%? so at 100 it would be doubled. Only problems with premium, theyd double that. However, it would help the dueler class, 40% more cash?!? That would even em out. also, because the soldier one for guns would be obsolete at 75.

DeletedUser

Yeah, the basic idea is that there are more than one ranks. And the increase could be slightly. Like 5% more every new rank. We still can argue abour that. And Maybe there can be some new character traits after reaching a certain rank, but I'm not sure right now what it could be.
And another part of the idea is, that after reaching a certain rank lock, new charcter class quests will be unlocked. This is especially good for someone who has finished the previous one and want to do some more.

DeletedUser

and the characters from the same class should be a little different

DeletedUser

and the characters from the same class should be a little different

I once though of it too. That would make it more interesting, but also a little more complex. Maybe too much work for dvl. if we have 4 classes and then 4 subclasses, which all need to be upgraded.

DeletedUser

this idea always a good one.
Maybe too much work for devs. if we have 4 classes and then 4 subclasses, which all need to be upgraded.
we are the man who give the idea and those name, i think

DeletedUser

So I think that these characters should have the following bonuses:

Adventurers

Trappers: 10% Bonues in setting traps
Wanderers: 10% Bonus in stamina
Indians: 10% Bonus in animal instincts
Prospector: 10% Bonus in trading

Duelers

Bounty Hunter: 10% Bonus in shooting
Gunslinger: 10% Bonus in aim
Bandit: 10% Bonus in dodging
Hangdog: 10% Bonus in appearance

Builders

Cowboy: 10% in tactics
Quaker: 10% Bonus in repairing
Craftsman: 10% Bonus in constructiong
Mortician: 10% Bonus in fine motor skills

Soldiers

Cavalryman: 10% Bonus in horse back riding
Mexican: 10% Bonus in vigour
Mercenary: 10% Bonus in toughness
Iroquois: 10% Bonus in reflex

These bonus will help players to focus more. For example, if an adventurer would like to be a Trader typ, he would choose Prospector. If he wants to be a Trapper typ, he would choose the sub-character class Trapper.

And I also think that after reaching a certain level, the character class should be upgraded. I propose level 30, level 60 and level 100 ad so on, so every time the character class upgrades, it gets an additional 10 level harder to reach the next upgrade. With every upgrade, the character bonuses increase by 3-10% (so just a slight increase, maybe the higher the title, the more will be increased) and the player receives a new character class titel. Like adventurers could be scout, woodsman, tracker, and trailblazer. Duellers could be young gun, gunslinger, quickdraw, and sharpshot.

And both mastering the first/previous character quest and reaching the next upgrade/title will be prerequisites for doing new character quests (, which need to be introduced in the future).

Will still can discuss about these details (names, precise bonus rates...), but I think it's a good concept.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am a adventurer and i chose trapper avatar but i am not a trapper, i am a melee dueler, so my trapping skill ís only 10, that mean we should be able to chose our avatar again

DeletedUser

Why did you chose the trapper avatar, which is an adventurer, in the first place, if you want to become a melee dueler? You could have had a lot more advantages if you've chosen dueler or soldier.

Some people choose because of the nice pictures and some people choose because of the bonuses. And I think it's better if you choose because of the bonuses, so you get more what you need.

DeletedUser

Parcific, those bonuses won't work. Firstly, they are going to be tweaking the Soldier bonuses as they are now. Secondly, 3 of the 4 dueler bonuses are skills used in fort battles and all 4 are used in dueling. You are just making one class more powerful in dueling which they really don't need to be. When players are hitting for over 1k total in duels how much more powerful do you think they need to be?

As for why someone would choose to be a dueling adventurer, the bonuses of the adventurer are nice for duelers. You can sleep in foreign hotels for free for one thing. That isn't something to sneeze at. There are tons of dueling adventurers out there.

DeletedUser

I suppose it could be a consideration for future worlds , but I doubt they would implement it on existing worlds, too much work for marginal benefit I would say:unsure:

DeletedUser

Parcific, those bonuses won't work. Firstly, they are going to be tweaking the Soldier bonuses as they are now. Secondly, 3 of the 4 dueler bonuses are skills used in fort battles and all 4 are used in dueling.

Duelers and soldiers are supposed to be good/"powerful" at duells. And I deliberately make the duelers more powerful in attacking and the soldiers better in defending. So we can distinguish them better.

And not all players choose something because of only one bonus, the picture or for hiding ones identity.

I chose adventuers, because I can sleep in up to level 2 hotels and earn more experience, more money and get less risk and because I can do the adventuer quests, which has a higher emphasis on doing jobs.

If I liked duel more i would have chosen soldier or dueler. And if I like to build, I would have chosen builder. If you don't care about the bonuses, then the charcter classes would play a marginal role. But many people do care about it.

The diffent bonuses of the sub-classes help player to focus.

And I would like it, if the character bonuses doesn't remain static and get better, just like when a person improves.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Cavalryman: 10% Bonus in horse back riding
Mexican: 10% Bonus in vigour
Mercenary: 10% Bonus in toughness
Iroquois: 10% Bonus in reflex

Then why are ranged soldiers completely ignored in the Soldier class bonuses you suggested. And why aren't there 4 dueling skills for Soldiers. If anything, the Soldier should have better dueling skills as they would be trained fighters, not outlaws.