Update 1.33

DeletedUser

And there's more to it than just a friends list, like two new quest groups (one low level) and rewards (XP, cash, titles that I've seen) for achievements, among other things.

DeletedUser

Rewards and xp for achievements??! Nothing I´ve ever heard of. Sounds cool, tough, and I hope the rewards won´t be silly like $50 or something like that, lol. Btw, will we be able to get the rewards from achievements we´ve already gained?

DeletedUser5677

Wow! Fort stores and all?
After all these years, its good news to see they are still on the roadmap.
images

Diggo11

Wow! Fort stores and all?
After all these years, its good news to see they are still on the roadmap.
images
Despite the presumed sarcasm there, they actually were planned for 1.32 but pushed back due to time constraints. Priorities do change, however I assure you they aren't some forgotten notion from years ago - they are still in the mix of "up there" ideas, not to be neglected.

DeletedUser

I'll never understand why there are so many different sources you need to visit in order to get an info on something... Fresh news come from Facebook, whatta surprise.
http://www.facebook.com/TheWestGame
Update 1.33 is comming soon. We developed a cool friend invite system with some special awards. More information will be published in your forum in a few days
Friend invite system... Facebook... Do I remember correctly that someone said this game is turning into sims on devblog? To me it smells more like those low IQ needed Zynga's this-ville and that-ville clones on facebook.
But ok, let's see what will be published on "forum in a few days"...

DeletedUser

Hades, how can it be fine if bugged achievements' rewards are not fixed yet on beta?
Ok, maybe they fix those tomorrow, but still...

Anyways... Thanks for sharing the info. Translation is not necessary, google can help till we get the changelog in english:
http://translate.google.hr/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=hr&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.the-west.de%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D48303

It's silly translation, but we can decypher what's it about, for example:
Occur, tactics, skill and toughness are now no longer as strong as before, goals and Dodge have been strengthened.
What's ment here is that aim and dodge have bigger impact in duels now unlike other 4 dueling skills that are nerfed, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

A better translation of the dueling changes.

Changes in the duel formula
Since there were balance issues with the current duel formula, we have, after extensive testing and statistical analysis to make some adjustments made ​​to the duel formula, long tested on the beta server, re-evaluated and are now fully convinced that they make the duel system fairer. Appearance, tactics, reflex and toughness are now no longer as strong as before, aim and Dodge have been strengthened.

The changes can be tested two weeks of you, in two weeks, we play a Reskill quest that allows you to distribute to all new dueling skills. So you can test the new system and then improve your experience with the newly acquired skill distribution.

You also left out the part about the reskill quest, which is very significant, especially for w1.

Besides that, it's the referral system, friends list, new quests, new high skill recipes (3 for each profession, 500+), and rewards for achievements. It might not be huge, but I think it's a good update.

DeletedUser

I think it's a nice update, we can finally go to maneuvers with full health.

DeletedUser

That option was asked in a minor idea several months ago, and whoever asked for it, good job!

Anyways, seems that the update doesn't bring anything revolutionary... To players who don't (care about) duel. However, those high craft recipes might be the real candy to chase, anyone knows what bonuses they bring? Oh and IIRC from new quests at least 1 bonus SP is available which is a great improvement over former steellined box rewards.

EDIT:
And Diggo brought us the whole changelog in english with a detail that we'll get the update soon too, thanks Diggo:
Version 1.33

DeletedUser

There is a new feature which isn't in the changelog, a new item set with epic boni.

DeletedUser

There is a new item set and many new items
That means thewestinsider is now officially dead and I'll have to install greasemonkey for TWPRO hack. :(

Unless the new feature is job calculator? Please, tell me it is!

DeletedUser

hades where can we find more info on this animals i can see some goose as well as other animals from the overview

DeletedUser

I just hope they retroactively give the bonuses from achievements..

And the new titles, where do you show them off at, on your world profile? This makes me wish i kept playing beta..

DeletedUser

I just hope they retroactively give the bonuses from achievements..
They do so no worries. ;)
It's bugged in some, but they're working on it.

And the new titles, where do you show them off at, on your world profile? This makes me wish i kept playing beta..
Get serious - that's not really a feature that gives you bonuses, just some predefined line of text. Although... Would be nice to show the world some "pure hider" title... If it exists at all. ;)

DeletedUser

Get serious - that's not really a feature that gives you bonuses, just some predefined line of text. Although... Would be nice to show the world some "pure hider" title... If it exists at all. ;)

Haha yea. It can be kind of nice though, showing off some of the crazier achievements there are. Something like Modern Warfare 2 with the nametags.

PS THE WEST TEAM - make me a super awesome #1 in the game HIDER tag :D:D

DeletedUser

Version 1.33

• Collector cards have been introduced.
  • Buffalo Bill's saddle bag donated to all referees.
  • Achievements "NPC Butcher", "I fought the economy crisis and won" and "Master of Construction" were buggy.
1. What does that mean? The achievement items you get for opening certain crafted items?
2. Referees?
3. They still are buggy on Beta apparently. I've had it grayed out since achievements were implemented and still no Master of Construction.