Up for hire! Bidding

• Thread starter DeletedUser8627
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pankreas PorFavor

It is not possible to make fake bids.

So if I say that I bid X million you will check how much money I have in my account or what?
Is that why the first post is not updated with Daykoda's 8 million bid on Tubby? It's a fake bid, he doesn't have that kind of cash?

Ripwise

So if I say that I bid X million you will check how much money I have in my account or what?
Is that why the first post is not updated with Daykoda's 8 million bid on Tubby? It's a fake bid, he doesn't have that kind of cash?

First post is not updated because no one updated it. As far as the bids go so far they are all legit.

Pankreas PorFavor

OK, thanks. I hope someone updates the first post soon, and that it will be updated regularly tomorrow as the end of the auction approaches.

But, would you care to explain why you say it's impossible to make fake bids? What stops you or me from saying that we bid an amount we don't actually have? And how will (are?) the bids be checked, will there be any punishment for people that make fake bids?

DeletedUser36559

OK, thanks. I hope someone updates the first post soon, and that it will be updated regularly tomorrow as the end of the auction approaches.

But, would you care to explain why you say it's impossible to make fake bids? What stops you or me from saying that we bid an amount we don't actually have? And how will (are?) the bids be checked, will there be any punishment for people that make fake bids?

I'm sure the devs can look into your account and check your bank money and see if you actually have that much money, fake bids will result in your account being suspended.

Ripwise

Fake bids will result in account being suspended.

How we check fake bids is at discretion of Moderators.

Pankreas PorFavor

Thank you for your answers :) I'm sorry for "splitting hairs", that's just the kind of person I am ;) :p
So - fake bids ARE possible, and moderators will check the bids to see if they're legit. Great :) That was my only concern, as a follow up on yorga's question.

@Micky12 - yes, I do know that our GMs have the tools to check our accounts, that's not the issue. The question was if they will actually do that and check if the bids are legit, and if those who make fake bids will get punished for doing so. Now we have the confirmation, and hopefully those who had silly ideas about making fake bids will now abandon them.

DeletedUser35120

Nope, I'm sure it doesn't - cause the time now here and on my laptop is 2:03 PM. And I post my bid at 4:29 AM ( :hmf:) here

Pankreas PorFavor

aha, then I don't understand where's the problem.
but to me it shows that the time in the forum is GMT +2, and it's the same time as in the game on .net servers.
oh well, I asked about the rules of this auction 2 times, but I still didn't cover all the angles :)

DeletedUser35120

Yea, the most amazing thing is the time for the same forum is GMT +2 for some and GMT+1 for a few :blink:

Anyways, I think we will all have to wait for Da Twista for the final word on who won the auction. :)

Pankreas PorFavor

We should both get our slaves, it's not our fault :) I see you play in Dakota, and I would use it in Arizona, so there's no conflict of interests ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.