Unfair character Bonuses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

ok! nice hint!

but who can reduce the high advantage of +6 lvl weapon?

DeletedUser

I don't see why the specifics of the maths even matters. Your point is incredibly important.

The bonuses are what you make of them. If you don't feel you're not making the most of them then either think outside of the box or choose a different character class. tbh I don't think data alone is enough to make your mind up. You have to fully personally experience each class to take advantage of its full virtues.

Denisero really is just trying to point out the inconsistencies of your argument, Tuco. Its one thing raising a valid issue, you have to base your argument on true statements and well researched data to make it be heard though.

If anything is imbalanced it will eventually be adressed, but if the community presents factual evidence and healthy unbiased suggestions, improvements will be implemented in-game much faster. Thats all we really want, right?

right! i agree that i throw it not compeletely analized, and that's becuz i've got angry.
soldiers are attacking me using their deadly weapons and im a lil mad! ;)

DeletedUser

right! i agree that i throw it not compeletely analized, and that's becuz i've got angry.
soldiers are attacking me using their deadly weapons and im a lil mad! ;)
Maybe you should consider being a worker instead, we never have people better suited for fighting attack us! :p

DeletedUser

to those who think it's fair:

this is what when two Duelers meet eachother, we were both equiped with our best dueling gears! i didn't hit him in work clothes.

b4008d393f.jpg

and this one, when an abuser meets a dueler:

b2991fcd7a.jpg

i survived with only few HPs while it was 100% in the beginning...

Desinero said:
I've never come close to receiving 450 damage in a duel, even when I've been the challenger of a higher ranked player
maybe u have never dueled a player which has a weapon that u need to advance 9 levels to buy such a weapon!

Lamorra said:
The speed on the map is increased by 10%[20%]. This is very, very, underappreciated. You are able to beat a soldier back to his home town to counter him.
no u cannot! cuz u have received a huge damage and only have 10-20 HP left. so u cannot think about quick counter attack! also u are not always available when u are hit! so this tactic can rarely be used for countering attacks!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The speed on the map is increased by 10%[20%]. This is very, very, underappreciated. You are able to beat a soldier back to his home town to counter him...
Considering he already beat you without his tactics (as an attacker) ... you can be assured that you will be KO'ed trying to hunt him down and he will be laughing at you for what a fool you was to attack him in return :)

DeletedUser

we have a soldier and a dueler both at lvl 42, all skill points are the same in both characters, ALL OF THEM, (same dodging, aiming, toughness, reflex, tactics, health points, shooting or vigor, and appearance) , both are equiped with same gears...
Sorry but I agree with Tuco here. Soldier/Dueler are somewhat unbalanced considering each other. Soldier should be better at defending ... not at both. If you consider every possible configuration and give it to both at the same level, each time there is a much higher probability that soldier will win. It doesn't matter if he's an attacker or defender. If he's a defender, then even better for him. The bonus you get as a dueler for your motivation is good, but only for exping, not for dueling itself, it doesn't help you duel more, just to duel with better exps. The number of possible duels is still the same. During the war, your motivation is going aside. And his better equipment is making him able to duel and win with higher levels, that gives him more exps which makes it equal to your motivation regen.

DeletedUser

Lamorra said:
And maybe if the two of you stopped nitpicking eachother then you could have a mature debate and perhaps come up with some kind of plan for rebalancing. Instead of bickering spam.
that's my request too! they have started a destructive argument but i don know why! just becuz they are soldiers?!

DeletedUser

Aries22 said:
Per level on the skill health points you also get 5 points.

Denisero said:
Lets not argue over semantics. We can put HP back on the table. Here is how it compares for lvl 42 characters:

No additional skill points put into health
Dueler = 520
Soldier = 525 (if no skill points added then premium doesn't matter)

10 additional skill points put into health:
Dueler = 570 ----> 620 HP
Soldier no premium = 670 ----> 675
Soldier with premium = 720 ---> 820 (so it's extra 200, can be possibility of one more duel!

But i suppose every HP skill point adds 10 HP to the redbar! (i checked this by putting on gray shoes with +1 Str [+1 HP] bonus)

DeletedUser

Invaded by army

It makes sense to me that a trained soldier would be the superior fighter, and it seems fair then that one of their advantages only helps them in defence.

The dueller advantages would seem to be fairly equal over time. If the dueller earns more money then they are more likely to afford better weapons, it's useless for the soldier being able to use a better weapon if they can't afford it. The speed advantage means the dueller can also work faster, whilst the soldier's toughness is only an advantage with very dangerous jobs, and doesn't help them get money and experience faster. And since the dueller can also get experienced faster then they will improve faster than the soldiers and overtake them.

Be patient, perhaps over time you'll begin to get advantages over the soldiers, especially if you train yourself in defense more.

DeletedUser

Tuco: The example you whine about, the one you loose, has 1 level lower in terms of DUEL level, hence you are GOOD xpl. It's your own damn fault for becoming a target.

If you can't handle loosing, then don't play the game.

soldiers are attacking me using their deadly weapons and im a lil mad!
THen I suggest you bloody well think a bit about what you are going to rant and complain about before you come in here stubbornly saying all kinds of stuff.

Lastly, I find it ironic, and highly amusing, how you admit that you were whining because you got your ass kicked.

DeletedUser

In spite of my earlier comment (which was just a bad joke, I really don't think he should become a worker!), I do agree with the basic belief that the dueling class is at a bit of a disadvantage. When people (workers) complain about duelers, they're very seldom complaining about the class itself since most of the successful duelists seem to be soldiers or adventurers. I do think there's something wrong with that picture.

DeletedUser

it is true that soldier class offers better bonuses to dueling than a dueler class. However in this arguement a few people have assumed things to the extreme.

Sorry for not using quotes. I'm too lazy to find them all

a few posts back people were talking about the hunting them back after being dueled.

Tuco said that this would be useless as you would probably be hit for 400-500 and then it would be pointless to duel them back. This is not always true. You're trying to tell me that in every duel you have to be hit by more than 400 health points? Even the best duelers may have a duel where both of them only get hit for 100 in total. So if you ever get that opportunity to safely duel them it could be very useful definitely.

It's also unlikely that as soon as they duel you they will head for home. They will probably duel some other people in the town, move to a different town or do some work. This means that you will get even more time to have a little rest and then fight back.

Now on the weapon level bonus that soldiers have :

Having a better weapon doesn't automatically mean that you will win a duel.

For a level 15 ranged dueler the best they can use is a precise slingshot (9-17 damage).

For a level 15 ranged soldier (no premium)the best they can use is a rusty shotgun (7-19 damage). That is the practically the same as the dueler.

For a level 15 ranged soldier (with premium) the best they can use is a shotgun (8-28 damage). This is in a sense nearly the same as the sling. The shotgun has a wider range of damage so the person can hit low damage quite a lot.

For a level 30 ranged dueler the best they can use is a precise muzzleloader (24-36 damage)

For a level 30 ranged soldier (no premium) the best they can use is still a precise muzzle loader.

For a level 30 ranged soldier (with premium) the best they can use is a Deringer (19-45 damage). This is a tiny bit better than the muzzleloader. The Deringer can hit lower but it can also hit a little bit higer than the muzzleloader.

So really the bonus doesn't give that much of an advantage. In later levels (50+) the levels required for weapons get a lot higher. So the +6 level usage can at the max get you a precise instead of a rusty and sometimes a new weapon type altogether. But really the changes aren't that big.

DeletedUser

I think im done with this thread! Thanks to all who helped me with ideas and also those with their taunts.

everyone has his own judgment of the matter.

DeletedUser

At level 32

Dueler - 24-36 => 30 avg damage
Soldier - 29-45 => 37 avg damage
Soldier+ - 30-54 => 42 avg damage

At level 72:
Dueler - Rusty Colt Buntline - 77-91 => 84 avg damage
Soldier - Colt Buntline - 87-99 = > 93 avg damage
Soldier+ - Precise Buntline - 89-115 => 102 avg damage

I only wanted to put more precise examples so the difference can be seen.

DeletedUser

What do you base these assumptions on Puli?
Weststats?

Edit: If I were to choose between soldier and dueler, then it would be definitely soldier. His weapon bonus will be useles only at very high levels (nearly 99), but the same thing is for dueler's motivation because there is no need for it after reaching 99. But his bonus to tactics is still in effectImagine the 50% bonus at that level ;). He can put 33% (50% with premium) of his points from tactics to other skills and
1. he will be better when attacking than dueler and
2. still be as good at defense because of that bonus ;)

DeletedUser

I agree with your reasoning for choice of opponent due to the current state of the game.

I'm not sure if I agree with your chosen examples though.

Status
Not open for further replies.