U.S. And Mexico-Immigrants

DeletedUser

If you live in America you probly heard it on the news. Mexicans come into the US illigaly, some to find a new life, other to get rich off of drugs, guns, etc. How would you fix this.

DeletedUser

its not jsut mexicans its people from all over the world

but the fix is simple

one we need to secure the border

2 we need to enforce our exsisting laws and ACCUALY deport illegals that are caught

however the liberals dont want to deport them they want to give them amnisty so they will have garunteed voters

DeletedUser

I have no problems with illegal immigrants to be honest.
Most of them come over to find a better life, to establish a family, or to send money back home. And I guarantee that they all work twice as hard as any native-born US citizen. They aren't really 'draining' our funds, those who try to go to college don't receive financial aid, or anything of that means. They're just people trying to earn an honest living.

But I guess for 'safety' purposes, or just the sake of people feeling secure; the laws around immigration have to be heavily enforced. Don't really know how this would be achieved though.

----

The war on drugs, and those who smuggle drugs is an entirely different topic. Which I say has no end. Look at the money we've spent on trying to prevent drugs from entering the US, and look at what we've actually done. Thousands of people dead due to the drug violence, loads of money spent, and drugs coming into the country still.

DeletedUser

I think the only way to prevent illegal immegration is obviously to sterngthen up the border. Of coarse its prevention... meaning that people will still cross. For example, the berlin wall. People found their way over it. Majority was cause attempting, but people and their creative minds will always find some sort of way or loophole in things and thats just it. Again, I believe the solution to stopping people entering starts in the border.

DeletedUser

but the fix is simple

If it's that simple dont you think that they would have come up with that by now.

one we need to secure the border

Its that simple, huh is that what you think? First lets get the facts straight: The border's total length is 3,169 km (1,969 miles), according to figures given by the International Boundary and Water Commission. It is the most frequently crossed international border in the world, with about 250 million people crossings every year. You think its easy to cover that area thoroughly? For comparison the border around Gaza sector is under 100 Km. So it should be easily defendable, right? No, cause illegal crossing of the border still takes place all the time and Hamas still gets their weapons from out side. Its a huge waste of time, money and effort to make the USA-Mexican border unreachable, cause its nearly impossible.

2 we need to enforce our exsisting laws and ACCUALY deport illegals that are caught

Well again I didn't know it was that easy. Cause it isn't. Firstly US economy is to dependable on illegal immigrants doing all their hard labor. Agriculture in California is so dependable on immigrants that it would collapse without them.
Its already becoming hard for US to compete with growing countries like China, and without the cheap workforce it would be even harder. Hard truth, but lets face it: it has its benefits.

DeletedUser

More than people from Mexico (or any other country), the illegal immigrants that bother me or those like anacondas, chimpanzees, monitor lizards and all the other non-native animals people thought would be such great pets until they grew up.

DeletedUser

heh, I like what one mexican comedian said about how to solve the illegal immigration problem with mexico.

"Alright, you let a mexican into the US without any problems, and his job, is to guard the border. And if another mexican gets past him, that mexican gets his job and he get his ass thrown back over the fence."

DeletedUser

They aren't illegal then lol

Actually, they are. Originally, most had been illegally imported, and either escaped or were set free when they got to be more than the owners could handle. Now they have started breeding in the wild here and killing off a lot of the native animals (including endangered species).

DeletedUser

wow eliel you have some seriously false asumptions

its been proven time and agian how much of a drain illegals are on the system but even if they wernt the simple fact is they COMMETED A FELONY to enter the us so for someone trying to make a better life there already ont eh wron track since there FELONS

second a fence with cameras and sensors goes a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG Way to dramaticaly reducing the flow of illegals as only the most determined would get by at that point and yes it CAN be done germany proved that even if there wall a bad idea since it was used to split a country not stem the rushing tide of illegals

( as for your refence to the border of gaza your talking about a country with a FAR FAR smaller population and FAR reduced finacial capacity that is always fighting to defend its own borders on all sides from multiple enimies making it irrelevent as a comparison)

next theres a nearly 10 % unemployment rate at the moment and millions and millions of honest NON FELON LEGAL citizens are starving for ANY job they can get so if the illegals all packed up and moved out those jobs would rappidly fill and hte economy would quickly turn around as the drain on its rescources that illegals provide disapeared

look to arizona after passing there law illegals have started leaving in droves and while odds are there recovery will be a tad bit slower int eh end there ecomomy will be far more silid and stable then states like california

DeletedUser

Spider, provide evidence, don't just spout things without providing evidence.

As to the issue, it is not simple to address. First off, "secure the border" is code for "I hate Mexicans," i.e, prejudice. The only border being referenced with that comment is the mexican/u.s. border. Anyway, as stated, the mexico/u.s. border is huge, yet even if it were to be somehow effectively guarded, there's still the beaches.

Anyway, not even going to waste my time with the ridiculously long, drawn out distractions. The real issue is, what motivates people to come to the U.S. in the first place?

Jobs. Why are there jobs? Because U.S. citizens provide them jobs. The ones violating the U.S. laws are the ones who can be penalized by those very same laws, the companies, industries, corporations, and farming establishments that hire undocumented workers. Not only are these U.S. citizens/businesses providing the "sole" reason why people cross the border illegally, they deny the taxes to the U.S. government and they deny the jobs to documented workers (citizen or otherwise).

Trying to stop the influx of undocumented workers does not stop the problem. The problem is at the employers, and they are easily caught, but no effort is being made to address that because of three main reasons:

1. these particular businesses rely on the cheap labor to increase their profit margins.
2. these businesses work together to provide powerful lobbying efforts to steer republicans and democrats away from the real cause, and instead to focus on a red herring.
3. when it is brought up, citizens are deceived in feeling pity for the businesses committing illegal acts, where it's argued that somehow these businesses are the victims here because of an oppressive, overtaxing government when the reality is the only thing that is happening is their illegal activities are providing a larger profit margin and their being forced to actually follow the laws would, for the most part, only result in a decreased profit margin, but their businesses will still be viable.

So quit focusing on the people who are trying to run from an oppressive, hopeless situation, and start focusing on the ones who are exploiting them. That's the REAL problem, and any arguments to the contrary is a shell game.

DeletedUser

ok so you tell me to cite evidence then you make a basless and rather insulting comment calling people like myself who view secureing hte border as important rascists without any proof or evidence yourself

now while i agree with you on stopping hte buisnesses unless we do more to prevent the tide from comin here int eh first place AND accualy enforce our laws and defport illegals it wont matter as they will simply continue to overwhelm our sytems till they colapse

DeletedUser

And you're wrong Spider. They only come across the border because there are decent paying jobs in the U.S.. Remove the jobs, and you remove their reason for crossing the border. Stop focusing on the desperate and destitute, focus on the exploiters... the businesses that are illegally hiring them.

And you know what? It's almost impossible to penalize those who cross the border. You can't throw them in prison because it will cost the taxpayers a bunch of money. You can't throw them back across the border because they'll merely try to cross over gain. And good luck on trying to catch them in the first place, as U.S. residents are not required to carry identification. Again, leave the desperate and destitute alone, focus instead on those who you can catch, can penalize, and will make a difference... the U.S. businesses that are hiring them.

They are called undocumented workers for a reason. These companies know they are hiring undocumented workers. They know not merely because of the reduced pay they are providing, but because they are not requiring documentation. So these businesses are willingly violating the law and it is their illegal activities that are creating the problem.

As to penalties, you can fine these companies, and fine them substantial amounts of money, sufficient to dissuade them from violating the law in the first place. Once again, remove the reason, the jobs, and you remove the perceived problem of border crossing.

( as to your hurt feelings, I could care less. Those who created the "secure the borders" slogan were/are racists trying to detract from the real issue, that of companies exploiting these desperate people. Anybody that repeats that slogan is either a racist or ignorant of what that label constitutes. So either you're racist or have the wool pulled so far over your eyes, you've lost all rational perspective... you can pick which one best describes you. )

DeletedUser

I peronally have no problem with Illigal Immigrants. Its the drugs, guns, and money. Polotics are also a problem. In my opinion foeignors are getting a little too much power.

DeletedUser

Lets assume a buisness owner is losing money on labor. He cuts off the American employees, and hires the cheaper working Mexican immigrant.

DeletedUser

Ok how bout you try to stop every gun/drug smuggler and illigal immigrants from coming though. And your workspace is more than 100 miles of boarder and coastline. Not that easy. And no Man I was proving my point.

DeletedUser

I really don't care if illegals come in. I know that healthcare is expensive, also that most of them wont have healthcare. So what we do is when they come into hospitals we treat them, then we deport them. If they show back up again we automatically deport them. I have a feeling if alot of them know that if they get hurt there will be no help that will stop them from coming. We have immigration laws for a reason they just aren't enforced. If i was in their situation i would be doing the same thing to im not ignorant enough to say i wouldn't.

DeletedUser

Getting Texans to stop draining the Rio Grande would be a start.

But those guys aren't heading north for the weather or the friendly locals. Where there's an economic gradient people will flow along it. How badly you want to slow that flow depends on how much money you're prepared to throw at it. I guess most people will put up with cheap maids and low garage bills in order to pay less taxes whatever minuteman-fantasies you dream up.

Think of it as a good problem to have because it means you're rich; give all your money to Mexico and you won't see those illegals for dust.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Lets assume a buisness owner is losing money on labor. He cuts off the American employees, and hires the cheaper working Mexican immigrant.

Isn't that what the right-wing Americans love, a FREE MARKET?