Website TW-DB.info - English support

Discussion in 'External Sites Discussion' started by abedy, Sep 3, 2010.

Share This Page

1. mollygoodgolly

mollygoodgolly Active Member

Petee, Thank you! Your site and you too are invaluable. Thanks again!!

2. Petee

Petee Well-Known Member

Wow, now that is some real appreciation. :D Thanks to everyone for being amazing.

Bad Billy Jack likes this.
  3. pghracer

pghracer Well-Known Member

your welcome!!. please keep it going.

4. Disappoint

Disappoint Well-Known Member

Petee - the only complaint I have about your site is that it has perhaps TOO much information - I'm thinking about quests in particular.
    By now there have been so many holiday quests, and so many resultant repeatable holiday quests, that it's difficult and time-consuming to look through them all for the one you need - since they're all titled 'repeatable quest' or 'repeatable holiday quest'.

I understand there are space constraints where for some of them, at least, you couldn't include the name of the holiday in the quest's title - but is it possible to mark them with a distinguishing icon that shows which holiday the quest is for? Like a Christmas tree for Christmas, a turkey for Thanksgiving, an egg for Easter, etc. That way it would be a lot easier to find the Day of the Dead repeatable, for example, I was looking for a few days ago.

That's my only "complaint" - keep up the good work!

5. Rastlos

Rastlos Active Member

That isn't a problem of TW-DB but of Inno because Inno is giving these useless quest names. TW-DB is taking the names of the quest out of the database only.

6. Disappoint

Disappoint Well-Known Member

I didn't think I worded my post in any way that could be construed as placing blame on anybody. All I'm asking is if it's possible to put markers on the quests NOT in the Inno database, but on the tw-db website, in order to help us narrow down our search for the right "Repeatable Quest".

7. Kidd Kalypso

Kidd Kalypso The West Team Marshal

tbh, I kinda thought tw-db was on the back burner for Petee & Co. They will update or not depending upon their workload.

8. xShteff

xShteff The West Team Marshal Deputy Sheriff

Anything is possible as long as we have the right person to update the website. Allow me to remind you that TWDB is not affiliated with InnoGames and it is a completely fan (not sure if anymore)-made site. They don't have access to our databases. They just make use of several "tools" to grab the required information and publish it.
    It is and if you've been following the past 2 pages you'll see me mentioning the fact that Petee's been MIA for a while and I had to scout him and "force" him to update the site :p.

9. MFRavenhawk

MFRavenhawk Well-Known Member

I know that TW-DB, and by extension cloth-calc, isn't regularly updated, but I noticed something with the current update from today.

Seems in some cases, best gear isn't good enough for the points cloth-calc says you should get: http://prntscr.com/dff9oj

And since cloth-calc and TW-DB are created by the same folks (I think?), it is odd that the site calculator doesn't match up to cloth-calc: http://prntscr.com/dffaus

However, even with the discrepancies, I will give props to the fact that it is STILL usually more accurate than the in-game calculator :) http://prntscr.com/dffbp7

Keep up the good work on it when you folks can, but look into coordinating the two calculators and making them more accurate if possible :)

10. Pnevma

Pnevma Well-Known Member

Just opened the west and saw an update

Script source says Tom Robert is now in charge of it? Thanks Tom! And thanks Petee for this great script!!

--EDIT--
    Website doens't have the changelog, so here's the changelog from the script:

Toggle between start and end text of completed quests in the questbook is fixed. <br>\
    [calculator] Battle formula updated. <br>\
    [inventory] If you have an upgraded item, the base item won\\u0027t be shown as new anymore. <br>\
    [inventory] If you placed a bid on an item, it won\\u0027t be shown as new anymore. <br>\
    [market] Item count in market map fixed <br>\

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Tom Robert likes this.
  11. asdf124

asdf124 Well-Known Member

I still won't use it for ff, speed gear, regen gear or ff damage gear.

It isn't accurate at all for those since it is still not able to pick upgraded items(website calc) and never deem a venom snake as usable for ff.

12. Pnevma

Pnevma Well-Known Member

To be fair, it's impossible to get a "best" FF gear... It depends on your fighting style, and the gear/styles of the people around you... I view cloth calc as just a general guide for FFing.
    I agree there is a bug in clothcalc for speed (and some jobs), though...

I don't think I've had a problem with regen, though

13. levis501

levis501 New Member

http://prntscr.com/dyknfl

tw-db.info web error

NOTICE: This domain name expired on 1/16/2017 and is pending renewal or deletion.

14. invisible will

invisible will New Member

yup looks like its dead however my cloth calc is still working so far

15. Iam Keyser Soze

Iam Keyser Soze Well-Known Member

It is back on now. Don't know if it was a glitch or Petee's Mastercard was overdrawn and the bill didn't get paid :)

Brings up a good point though. Many players were really freaking out about it being down, really is a tool alot of us use daily.

Perhaps now would be a good time to make a donation to help support the site.

Click on Support on the left side then scroll down to donate.

PS: it's in £, currently 1 British Pound equals 1.24 US Dollar

Petee likes this.
  16. Petee

Petee Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone for reporting the issue. Yes, the domain expired, abedy said he didn't receive any notification of impeding expiration, but he promptly extended it. It should be working for everyone by now, but it may depend on some local caching.

I also just updated the site with new items. Thanks to everyone for patience and thank you Iam for suggesting the donation - it's nice of you, but I assure you this downtime wasn't an issue of money, just a little negligence on our part.

17. HelenBack

HelenBack Well-Known Member

Petee and Abedy, Thank you so much for all that you have done to make this site and update it with new stuff... It really is appreciated. :)
    *BIG HUGS!!!* :D

Petee likes this.
  18. invisible will

invisible will New Member

thank you so much mine is running better than ever this has to be the best west site ever

19. Petee

Petee Well-Known Member

We have some downtime right now related to system upgrade, thanks for your patience. The current downtime will end soon, but there is more to come this evening.

20. xShteff

xShteff The West Team Marshal Deputy Sheriff

Two updates in one week. Damn dude, I'm impressed :p